2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

1 hour ago, kiwi_canadian said:

FnaDbv1WAAA29mB?format=jpg&name=4096x409FnaDcdhWIAE5V2O?format=jpg&name=4096x409FnaDdPeX0AIP-Rd?format=jpg&name=4096x409FnaDd1uXEAMPvXx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ooh...me likey. Me likey mucho...

Joints is fresh, yo. I might have to cop me one of them...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

The 90's called, they want their obnoxiously oversized logos back.

I was just thinking that. If this had come out as a third jersey in 1997, it would have been par for the course of NHL jerseys of the time. Might've even been reverse retro'd into a red version this year or something like that.

I think it's totally fine as a one-time jersey. I always want to reserve full judgement until I see the whole uniform. The more I look at the jersey itself, though, the more I like it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

oBIgzrL.png

4 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

The 90's called, they want their obnoxiously oversized logos back.

90s is the flavour of the month right now, it’s not just the obnoxiously oversized logos.

Don’t worry. Soon we’ll roll into ‘00s nostalgia and teams will bring back obnoxious side panels and piping to nowhere.

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1

For what it's worth, I really like the wordmark used inside the collar.

capitals-stadium-series-jersey-2023.jpg?fit=2500,1667&ssl=1

The longer I look at this jersey, the more I like it. It's kind of like the Avs' Stadium Series jerseys, which I also disliked at first and grew to love. It fits the theme of an uber-modern one-off game really well. The way the Weagle is both embroidered and sublimated is also really clever.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, B-mer said:

I actually kind of like the Caps jersey. It’s a logo that works well for that purpose since it has the negative space feature of the Capitol. 

That exactly why I like it was well. Such a simple logo that uses negative space lends itself well to being “oversized”—though to me, it’s more being directly integrated into the overall jersey design than merely oversized. I’d like to see how a red version of this jersey looks.

• Like 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I actually like a lot about the Caps look, but something is bothering me.  It's like with the logo they're saying "look how clean this is when blue never touches red" but then they allow them to touch at the hem and on the socks.  Here's a pic of Ovi on ice, and the middle box is apparently the real look (note the yuck helmet and all red gloves)

8invkeS.png

So to me if they want to keep the colors separate (which reminds me of Avs winter classic) I'd do away with the red hem stripe, make the socks match the sleeves, and add more red via helmet and rear numbers... I drew this on the right.  I'm split - the single color weagle is cool but seems really tough to balance color if you want to simultaneously separate blue and red with white.

While this initially seemed like Weekes's typical, throw a bunch of stuff against the wall and see what sticks reporting strategy, Michael Russo (Wild beat writer) has confirmed that they will remain part of the rotation as an alternate. Minnesota will join Calgary in turning a reverse retro into a full-time third jersey.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

While this initially seemed like Weekes's typical, throw a bunch of stuff against the wall and see what sticks reporting strategy, Michael Russo (Wild beat writer) has confirmed that they will remain part of the rotation as an alternate. Minnesota will join Calgary in turning a reverse retro into a full-time third jersey.

Keeping it a third would be fantastic, because it’s a beautiful jersey. But so is their regular home and road, along with the forest green and red, so I hope that sticks around. If they were the real North Stars, I’d hope they’d make the change to the classic look full time, but the Wild identity is just too good to change from… 

• Like 7

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

58 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

As much as I love the Wild's current colour scheme, it seems that they can never properly execute it and forge their own identity. I wouldn't be opposed to a move to the North Stars set.

• Like 3

sig.png