2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

Devils posted this on IG, apparently the center ice logo isn’t painted onto the floor, it’s more of a vinyl wrap maybe? edit: Maybe that wrap being washed has nothing to do with center ice (the “outer” circle in the video is black, but the center ice circle is blue for games).

Always thought crews painted everything. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsrBgDoPWab/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

37 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Devils posted this on IG, apparently the center ice logo isn’t painted onto the floor, it’s more of a vinyl wrap maybe? edit: Maybe that wrap being washed has nothing to do with center ice (the “outer” circle in the video is black, but the center ice circle is blue for games).

Always thought crews painted everything. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsrBgDoPWab/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

I think it depends. Some are painted, some are the tarp things (which is typically what the ice ads are). I know the Ducks and Flames paint theirs.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I think it depends. Some are painted, some are the tarp things (which is typically what the ice ads are). I know the Ducks and Flames paint theirs.

It's better described as a mesh material with fine holes, which lays flat easier while building up the ice.

• Like 1

I concur:

"Gary and the NHL have destroyed the viewing experience with ads on the jerseys, all over the ice, and moving digital board ads.

Long time fan here, i have migrated to the NBA.

Sad, but NHL on TV is now just way too distracting.

Destroying the jerseys and cup patches as well."

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

I concur:

"Gary and the NHL have destroyed the viewing experience with ads on the jerseys, all over the ice, and moving digital board ads.

Who are you quoting? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, adsarebad said:

I concur:

I hope whoever that quote came from realizes the NBA also has multiple types of court ads, jersey ads and TV ads as well, so they're just as ad-riddled as the NHL is lmao

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 2

8 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I hope whoever that quote came from realizes the NBA also has multiple types of court ads, jersey ads and TV ads as well, so they're just as ad-riddled as the NHL is lmao

Not at all.

Jerseys ads are small.

Very few court ads.

And NO digital moving board ads.

No  playing surface ads here. Clean court.

-

-

Look at this garbage 

The moving Caterpillar trucks!

The moving energy drink bottles.

the moving.... batteries?

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2

Can we all just agree that ads are out of control and need to be scaled back? 

The teams have enough money, and Covid is mostly over so it’s no longer a valid excuse. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1 hour ago, TenaciousG said:

The teams have enough money, and Covid is mostly over so it’s no longer a valid excuse. 

It's never going the other way,  only more and more ads.

• Hate 1

First, I want to make clear that I do not like the ads. But, singling out the NHL is sort of ridiculous. At this point, every major sport other than the NFL has them. 

It always feels like MLS/soccer gets a free pass on this discussion too. Not sure if it is because everyone is so used to them. But the ad is literally the largest thing on the jersey. 

Again, I hate them. Hockey sweaters sort of have this sacredness to them, and I think that is why people seem more passionately against the ads in the NHL.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

It always feels like MLS/soccer gets a free pass on this discussion too. Not sure if it is because everyone is so used to them. But the ad is literally the largest thing on the jersey. 

Soccer gets a pass from me because they don't stop the game every 5 minutes for commercial breaks like all the other sports do.  If they jammed every stoppage in play with ads like the NHL or NFL do the huge kit sponsors and flashing ad boards would bother me just as much if not more.  The kit sponsorships were a trade-off for the lack of in-game commercial breaks.  The other sports didn't use jersey ads in place of in-game commercials, they piled them on top of the already existing ads. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

quote-too-much-money-ain-t-enough-money-

That's how they be thinking...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||