2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

Glad they didn't continue on with that look. Desperately needed to move away from the red and black that they had been using since the early 2000's.  At least the piping and shoulder patches would have been fixed, but still very similar.

• Like 2

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

I'm sure this has been said 100000000 times, but would it hurt the Lightning to mix in some black? They're dressed as the Maple Leafs vs the actual Maple Leafs

1084016366.jpg.jpg

It’s terrible watching the Leafs/Lightning series for this reason. 

way too similar!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

It’s terrible watching the Leafs/Lightning series for this reason. 

way too similar!!

You've really got to condition yourself during the game "Leafs are blue, 'Ning are white. Leafs are blue, 'Ning are white."

6uXNWAo.png

Remember shortly after the unveiling after the backlash and everyone was calling them the Maple Wings they then decided to add that thin, barely noticeable black double outline to the numbers and put the bolts (also with a thin black outline) back on the pants? And were like well there's your black! Then added a couple atrocious black alts over the years.

I've said it before but even just switching to black pants and helmets would go a long way for the 'Ning.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The Bolts don’t even have to add black, just change the shade of blue slightly to a shade closer to what they originally wore, and they’d stand out. 

They don't have to but they should. 

• Like 1

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 4/22/2023 at 8:22 PM, BuckDancer said:

Just recently came across this unused Flames prototype that was featured on an icethetics video today. Anyone ever seen this before?

spacer.png

I was just about to say how much better this looks than their current uniforms, but then I noticed the mismatched hem stripe.

• Like 5

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 9:18 AM, Lights Out said:

I was just about to say how much better this looks than their current uniforms, but then I noticed the mismatched hem stripe.

Let the great "Calgary need black" debate begin!! 🤣

I disagree that they need black and feel that their current set is perfect. That's not to say that there isn't a space for an alternate containing black since it is part of their history. It just feels like it will lead to an inevitable slide back being part of their main identity in 10-15 year. Rinse and repeat. 

Now that you mentioned that hem stripe, I can't unsee it. Good eye. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Carolina vs Dallas would probably be one of the most visually pleasing Stanley cup final ever

Red vs green has its limitations

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Red vs green has its limitations

If the Hurricanes wore their Whalers alts for the entire series, by law we would have to support them.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter