Jump to content

College Football 2022


Kevin W.
 Share

Recommended Posts

A recruit accidentally leaked part of what appears to be a new black, pink, and volt jersey for the Ducks:

spacer.png

 

This jersey was sitting on Coach Lanning's desk (next to jerseys from last year that all had the #21 on them), and appears to have the #22 on it for 2022. At the very least this could just be a sample, but I’m thinking it will be part of the rotation this upcoming season. I’m assuming it’ll be a breast cancer awareness tie in, which they last did back in 2013 and 2014, but the addition of volt is interesting. Black, pink, and volt has also been a popular color scheme for Nike shoes (especially Air Max models), so that’s the only other theming that I can think of for this one. Will definitely be interesting to see the full package, especially what color the helmets will be.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

A recruit accidentally leaked part of what appears to be a new black, pink, and volt jersey for the Ducks:

spacer.png

 

This jersey was sitting on Coach Lanning's desk (next to jerseys from last year that all had the #21 on them), and appears to have the #22 on it for 2022. At the very least this could just be a sample, but I’m thinking it will be part of the rotation this upcoming season. I’m assuming it’ll be a breast cancer awareness tie in, which they last did back in 2013 and 2014, but the addition of volt is interesting. Black, pink, and volt has also been a popular color scheme for Nike shoes (especially Air Max models), so that’s the only other theming that I can think of for this one. Will definitely be interesting to see the full package, especially what color the helmets will be.

Is it possible it's a spring game jersey? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is it possible it's a spring game jersey? 

I’d say there’s a small possibility, but I’d be pretty surprised. They haven’t had special spring game uniforms since 2017, and already for this year’s spring game they’re promoting it as green vs. yellow, which is what it’s been the last few years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The picture’s just a mockup, but UF will have black alternates by 2023 at the latest. Blech. 

Agreed on the Blech. 
 

No need for a Black uniform when rivals like Georgia, FSU already have them.

 

plus, don’t they already have a hundred combos with all of their helmets and jerseys?!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kg54mvp said:

Agreed on the Blech. 
 

No need for a Black uniform when rivals like Georgia, FSU already have them.

 

plus, don’t they already have a hundred combos with all of their helmets and jerseys?!

27 total - blue, white, and orange helmets, jerseys, and pants. I’m fine with that, although I don’t love the blue helmets. It doesn’t look like Florida to me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Something tells me Florida's black uniforms are something that they'll wear 3-4 times a year, including bowl games and big matchups.

Because they have to have that drip, this will probably be brought out for a night game vs some SEC team and a game vs the first cream puff on the schedule so they don't get a bad wrap. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only time I’d be okay with Florida football wearing black is against Georgia on Halloween. Only on that day versus that team would it be okay, although I’d wish they just didn’t do it at all. It will be very difficult to pull of a black uniform without matching black pants and helmet and the last thing they need is another helmet to wear when the gator script Orange is probably one of the most recognizable helmets in all of college football and is associated with all of the success that fans and the new staff want to emulate. The white helmet is a nice change of pace for a game or two that allows for some creativity (circle f, American flag script, slanted f, etc.) and build upon the established brand. There have been some examples in the past, the pro combat uniforms, reintroduction of the orange jerseys and pants (stripe issue notwithstanding), throwing back to Spurrier days, and the aforementioned white helmets. Adding black does nothing to that and I’d rather it be eliminated from all of the uniforms as Orange and Blue is such a nice color scheme. And to those who say black uniforms helps in recruiting, I’d say your wrong. Players care more about the swag bags and the apparel they wear everyday rather than a uniform they wear for a few hours on Saturday, at least when if comes to clothing. Most guys decision come down to one of two things: winning championships and making it to the next level or receiving a quality education for free. Florida needs to worry about meeting both those aspects before worrying about adding a black uniform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

FSU already have them.

When's the last time FSU wore their black uniforms? Helmet History has 2018 as the last time they wore the gradient helmets associated with the black uniforms, but that's not necessarily an indication of the uniform's use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, kb105 said:

Only time I’d be okay with Florida football wearing black is against Georgia on Halloween. Only on that day versus that team would it be okay, although I’d wish they just didn’t do it at all. It will be very difficult to pull of a black uniform without matching black pants and helmet and the last thing they need is another helmet to wear when the gator script Orange is probably one of the most recognizable helmets in all of college football and is associated with all of the success that fans and the new staff want to emulate. The white helmet is a nice change of pace for a game or two that allows for some creativity (circle f, American flag script, slanted f, etc.) and build upon the established brand. There have been some examples in the past, the pro combat uniforms, reintroduction of the orange jerseys and pants (stripe issue notwithstanding), throwing back to Spurrier days, and the aforementioned white helmets. Adding black does nothing to that and I’d rather it be eliminated from all of the uniforms as Orange and Blue is such a nice color scheme. And to those who say black uniforms helps in recruiting, I’d say your wrong. Players care more about the swag bags and the apparel they wear everyday rather than a uniform they wear for a few hours on Saturday, at least when if comes to clothing. Most guys decision come down to one of two things: winning championships and making it to the next level or receiving a quality education for free. Florida needs to worry about meeting both those aspects before worrying about adding a black uniform.

 

Yeah one only needs to look at boise state as a proxy for what an all black look would do for the gators. This is disappointing since they held out from embracing this played out trend for so long I thought they were above the fray. If they needed an alt color mono uniform any other non-team trendy color would be better than boring old black.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have not been able to find any information more current that about 11/12 months.

has anyone got any rumors/rumblings/insight on the Virginia Tech Nike contract.

to the best of my knowledge it expires after this school year.

 

wonder if adidas would jump in as a competitor or if Nike will hold on. I know VT didn’t get themselves the best deal last time around so I’m sure they would hope to grab a little more cash if possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, guest23 said:

 

Yeah one only needs to look at boise state as a proxy for what an all black look would do for the gators. This is disappointing since they held out from embracing this played out trend for so long I thought they were above the fray. If they needed an alt color mono uniform any other non-team trendy color would be better than boring old black.

No. 19 Boise State tops Hawaii 31-10 for Mountain West title – The Denver  Post

 

Hopefully Florida actually uses team colors with their BFBS uniform ... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, guest23 said:

 

Yeah one only needs to look at boise state as a proxy for what an all black look would do for the gators. This is disappointing since they held out from embracing this played out trend for so long I thought they were above the fray. If they needed an alt color mono uniform any other non-team trendy color would be better than boring old black.

 

You sure about that? Because, well...

 

861379026-850x560.jpeg

 

usatsi_10346905_168388329_lowres1.jpg

 

florida-uniforms.png

 

USATSI_10346437.jpg

 

 

  • Hurl 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be completely honest, I didn't think the 2017 Swamp Green uniform was a bad start. As a fan, I would rather see an alternate that builds upon the 2010 pro combat uniform and incorporate the gator skin into a white or orange Spurrier Era jersey template and maybe an orange helmet with a gator print. As I said earlier Orange and Blue is too nice of a color combo to muddy up with another color.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kevin W. said:

When's the last time FSU wore their black uniforms? Helmet History has 2018 as the last time they wore the gradient helmets associated with the black uniforms, but that's not necessarily an indication of the uniform's use.

They wore the jerseys this year against...NC State? And last year against Duke. It's just been a while since they've worn them with the black pants or alt helmet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

If they needed an alt color mono uniform any other non-team trendy color would be better than boring old black.

Or, here's an idea: don't wear anything other than school colors. Seems like a pretty simple idea to me.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dont care said:

Last year they had their social media handles on there, so at least they're doing it here instead of trying it during the regular season, which obviously won't fly. Just like Florida and the black unis, I feel like this is something that shouldn't be happening, but once they move to the Big XII it'll probably be part of their brand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.