2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

Huh, so same font or close to it, but it looks radically different in this application (at least in my eyes). My biggest complaint with the core Brooklyn set is how crappy and spindly and condensed the numbers look (it's fine in the Brooklyn wordmark but the numbers look awful). So the bulked up look I think is an improvement, despite being tonal numbers and overall a silly uniform. I guess they've decided with the Basquiat Corpse-worship uniforms that they don't need two different street-art wordmarks, either. Bring back the original gray BKLYNs. 

• Like 1

hawks jerseys looking pretty sweet (no pun intended)

nets one is super meh. its got some cool details but i wish they were actually visible.  like let those stars shine whats the point if you can't even see them. i also think it would have been neat if they added that little side pattern into the nets text and numbers since all you have is an outline

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Digby said:

Is that a new typeface for the Nets? Or does it just look radically different when it's tonal/outlined. Looks more like the new Utah than the "classic" (lol) Nets.

It't their current font but thick outline gives the optical illusion of a different font.

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Nets as is are way too similar to the Spurs throwbacks that were just unveiled. Gonna be a hard time identifying who’s who off a glance with those two. 

They are way different. If you see the Spurs wearing this on TV and you somehow think it's the Nets then I don't know what to tell you.

Statement-Jersey-IMage-web__58152.165876

bSLCtu2.png

10 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

They are way different. If you see the Spurs wearing this on TV and you somehow think it's the Nets then I don't know what to tell you.

He said throwbacks that the Spurs are wearing this year, which, yes. 

san-antonio-spurs-throwback-classic-edit 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Ark said:

It’s alright. The Suns could do way better.

Cosign. This feels like one of the awkward mashup jerseys from last season. Continues the team tradition of black alternates, "PHX" alternates, gradients, and the Valley thing... but maybe isn't committing enough to any of them to be satisfying so it feels kinda middle-of-the-road out of that pack. I do think it's an improvement on the old orange one that just had the ball logo, though.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, eRay said:

Not sure what it is, but I really enjoy the valley gradient on the PHX trim. I don't think it's enough to make this particular jersey good, but in the right usage a gradient trim could be really nice.

That part stands out for me as well -- I think partially because a hallmark of Nike NBA has been the simplest possible, single-color collar/arm trim. Like hardly any jerseys seem to have any design there unless they're old-school holdover designs that can't be altered without outcry.

• Like 2

These instantly become the best jerseys the Magic currently have in their set (although it seems like it’s missing a pinstripe on the front of the shorts). Huge upgrade on the previous Statement and they should make this the primary away with a matching white if they’re intent on keeping the Dwight-era logos. It was always confusing why the T-Mac jerseys had pinstripes side panels and stars on the front when the way it was done here is so much better

• Like 13
07Giants.pngnyy.png

44 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

These instantly become the best jerseys the Magic currently have in their set (although it seems like it’s missing a pinstripe on the front of the shorts). Huge upgrade on the previous Statement and they should make this the primary away with a matching white if they’re intent on keeping the Dwight-era logos. It was always confusing why the T-Mac jerseys had pinstripes side panels and stars on the front when the way it was done here is so much better

Is that bad lighting or are the side panels green? Pretty good though, and bonus points for keeping the same jersey cut (yay consistency) across all uniforms unlike some other teams..

• Like 4