2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

The Rising Stars uniforms continue to be proof that Nike is capable of actually putting a good All-Star product out, but they just refuse to. These are pretty nice, probably even better that the gradient look we got for the big game. I love all the little Jazz-esque accents they put in these.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I find those to be fun as a design challenge, and they're nice aesthetically. But I'm not sold that ASG jerseys should be too close a riff on the host market's team. This is what they tried in 2021 when the game was meant to be hosted by the Pacers (and was the standard in the 70s), and regardless of the merits of the unis themselves, I don't like seeing a bunch of non-Pacers out there dressed like off-brand Pacers.

17 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I wish the Nets just made the Coogi pattern a permanent part of their identity. The version with the Brooklyn script on the front was great and it was even better that they had Coogi patterned accessories, something I have never seen in the NBA before, usually you get solid color accessories but the Nets went all the way with a pattern.

coogi-sues-nets-nikejpg.jpg

1074384834.jpeg

I would like to see this pattern in different shades of gray. Gives a nod but still unique.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

14 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

The Rising Stars uniforms continue to be proof that Nike is capable of actually putting a good All-Star product out, but they just refuse to. These are pretty nice, probably even better that the gradient look we got for the big game. I love all the little Jazz-esque accents they put in these.

Utah Starzz vibe so hard sepecially on white one.

It's gonna be intresting if they really have swoosh or how they acoomodate Jordan as a event sponsor.

Btw I like the fact that NBA adds ASW to Lockervision.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

18 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

not a big fan of the recycled side stripes directly taken from their last uniform set (whats up with utah keeping that design around so much)  but aside from that these look great. replace the word rising with all, maybe tweak around the colors and you got yourself a real solid all star jersey. i wonder how it would look if they took this wordmark design but put it on the official all star jerseys. 

Man, somehow, between football season and other things, I don't think I caught a good look at the Cavs uniforms until this week. 

I can't believe they just slapped the "C" from one package in with the wordmark from another and called it a day. 

The NBA unfortunately has too many franchises that are rudderless when it comes to their visual identity, and Cleveland is Exhibit A right now.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Man, somehow, between football season and other things, I don't think I caught a good look at the Cavs uniforms until this week. 

I can't believe they just slapped the "C" from one package in with the wordmark from another and called it a day. 

The NBA unfortunately has too many franchises that are rudderless when it comes to their visual identity, and Cleveland is Exhibit A right now.

While it's not perfect by any means, I've actually come to like the jerseys themselves. Is the identity a mess? 100%

But compared to the last few years in the last set of jerseys, Idk why but I like the simplicity of the new ones. 

I still to this day, and will always argue, that this jersey should've been the base of anything moving forward.

Cleveland Cavaliers: Ranking each version of LeBron James - Page 3

• Like 14
  • Love 1

I thought it was silly when the Thunder swapped the lettering on their white and blue jerseys, but I guess they were on to something, given the last several Bucks games I've watched, it feels like I've only seen one or two white at home games.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 2/1/2023 at 4:41 PM, SSmith48 said:

NGL, I immediately thought the Utah Stars were coming back to the WNBA.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

They really didn't think this through, eh?  🤦‍♂️

Pretty sure that's not real.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Man I hate what NBA jerseys have become. I’m watching the Lakers/Warriors game and you can barely tell who’s who. 

Lakers playing in their white/blue/yellow Minneapolis retro jerseys & Golden State playing in black jerseys and a black court at home lmao. 

And this isn’t coming from a “old man yells at cloud perspective” either. I’m only 26 and grew up watching the NBA in the 2010’s to now. 

• Like 10