2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

10 hours ago, bushy said:

Man I hate what NBA jerseys have become. I’m watching the Lakers/Warriors game and you can barely tell who’s who. 

Lakers playing in their white/blue/yellow Minneapolis retro jerseys & Golden State playing in black jerseys and a black court at home lmao.

All that thousand times over, and what really annoys me on top of that is that the matchups never end up looking like you're expecting or picturing them to look like anymore when you turn on game footage.

...That, and wearing white on the road just will never make sense to me.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, bushy said:

Man I hate what NBA jerseys have become. I’m watching the Lakers/Warriors game and you can barely tell who’s who. 

Lakers playing in their white/blue/yellow Minneapolis retro jerseys & Golden State playing in black jerseys and a black court at home lmao. 

And this isn’t coming from a “old man yells at cloud perspective” either. I’m only 26 and grew up watching the NBA in the 2010’s to now. 

haha, i just saw it..... it was like watching  a game on a black and white TV!

Only the players ridiculous neon green / neon red shoes broke the illusion.

On 2/11/2023 at 7:40 PM, bushy said:

And this isn’t coming from a “old man yells at cloud perspective” either. I’m only 26 and grew up watching the NBA in the 2010’s to now. 

same feeling with bucks in black uniforms with an all blue court tonight...  cant remember the last time teams just wore their traditional road/home uniforms on a normal court.

bucksceltics.png

• Like 3
  • Hurl 2

It’s tired to complain about, I know, but yeah, Bucks in black and Celtics in green on an unrelated blue court is next-level nonsensical. Rough look for a matchup of the two best teams in the league. Bucks nearly lost it for those karmic reasons, too.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

For what that is...it's actually not bad. Actually it's pretty spiffy! That is a nice little mountain/note motif going on in there; somewhere between the Jazz and Nike (not sure who's chiefly reaponsible for this particular design), I'll credit them for that.vMakes one wonder why the Jazz didn't feel led to incorporate all that motif into their branding in the first place. Maybe they will going forward...they wouldn't be the first team to adopt an All-Star design into their full-tike brand (see: Stars, Dallas of the late '90s). 

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

For what that is...it's actually not bad. Actually it's pretty spiffy! That is a nice little mountain/note motif going on in there; somewhere between the Jazz and Nike (not sure who's chiefly reaponsible for this particular design), I'll credit them for that.vMakes one wonder why the Jazz didn't feel led to incorporate all that motif into their branding in the first place. Maybe they will going forward...they wouldn't be the first team to adopt an All-Star design into their full-tike brand (see: Stars, Dallas of the late '90s). 

If the rebrand was designed with the All-star elements, it would be much better received.  The all-star court especially looks amazing!  Instead they launched a completely blank set of jerseys.. still can't wrap my head around the thought process.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Also see: Utah Jazz of 1996, All Star Game was in 1993.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

honestly that court is probably the cleanest design we've seen in a while (not saying anythings wrong with the hectic designs of the past though) it could honestly pass as a regular nba court. which as mentioned would have made the jazz rebrand a bit better. incorporating those mountain elements and whatnot onto the court and jerseys would have made their rebrand not all too bad. my only critique is that i think they should have made the key black for a cleaner look, id rather the yellow be used as an accent color.

• Like 3

I really like the  court's use of the mountain and note logo.  Probably the best blending of Utah and Jazz visually I've ever seen.

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

15 hours ago, Digby said:

It’s tired to complain about, I know, but yeah, Bucks in black and Celtics in green on an unrelated blue court is next-level nonsensical. Rough look for a matchup of the two best teams in the league. Bucks nearly lost it for those karmic reasons, too.

They need to stop acting like the Celtics' green is a light color. It's too dark to try and contrast against a blue or black opposing uniform. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, eRay said:

Hadn't seen these posted here yet in their entirety, if they have been I'll delete. I hadn't seen the shorts yet at all. Plus, I figured the Nike explanations could prompt some discussion, as usual.

spacer.png

Boyyy, the cap is real with those write-ups...that's about all I got to say about those.

Cap to the side, I do like the actual uniform designs themselves.

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Okay, learning the five stars on the shorts represent Utah’s National Parks is very cool. That’s a really nice touch.

spacer.png

(BTW, if I may be a homer for a quick second: if you haven’t been to any of the Utah National Parks yet, GO! Seriously some of the most amazing places and sights you’ll ever see.)

• Like 5

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, eRay said:

Hadn't seen these posted here yet in their entirety, if they have been I'll delete. I hadn't seen the shorts yet at all. Plus, I figured the Nike explanations could prompt some discussion, as usual.

spacer.png

Can't remember if I posted this in here or not, but here's clearer looks:

• Like 1
  • Love 1