2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

The existing blue pants are bad with the road whites, but if they get a secondary pair of blue pants to pair with the road whites it wouldn’t be bad

That would be bad because the second blue pants would either have to be solid blue or have an orange outline of a blue stripe.

I think a better solution* might be to drop the navy side panel on the orange jersey (or replace it with navy piping), and change the side panel on the white jersey to orange, then drop the white-blue pants altogether.  Then all jerseys would have orange sides that would work with the white-orange pants and the navy-orange pants.

*the best solution would be to burn all existing stock of jerseys and pants and start from scratch, but I'm working under the assumption that they're just not going to do that.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I don’t understand what prompted the Panthers to start wearing black socks with their road set, but it’s disappointing. 

I desperately miss the blue socks, but I'd rather have black than white.

• Like 8

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

Why do the Lions like these all-grey uniforms? Is there anyone in the locker room who actually sees these and thinks they're cool?

Oh, I'm sure there are a lot of players who think those all gray rags are cool.  It seems like most of the ugly uniforms decisions made these days are player driven.

• Like 9

The Cowboys are wearing a mix of pants today. They’re all the white pants with the navy/silver/navy stripe, but some are wearing the old-style dazzle fabric pants with the lace-up fly and some are wearing matte pants on the Nike Vapor Untouchable template. You can see the dazzle fabric pants on Pollard and Ferguson in the first two pics in this tweet, while Dak and CeeDee Lamb have the new matte fabric pants:

I believe the matte fabric pants are new for this year, I only remember them having the dazzle fabric white pants the last several years.

• Like 6

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I actually don't think the Broncos look so bad.

And if they hold on to win (seems like they may), I bet we see this again.

I think the players who wore white socks with it made it bearable. It wouldn't be such a bad look if they just had a uniform set that was more conducive to better looking mix-and-match combos.

With the win, I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Jets/Eagles and just start wearing them more. Definitely not the last we have seen of this combo and/or the navy pants in the standard rotation.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

These looked better today. I don't know whether it was just the shock effect wearing off or (more likely) the lighting indoors in Texas was much more flattering than the shadows on a cold night in Chicago.

AP22303641110418.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=

I'm still not crazy about it but now I'm not demanding it be handled like toxic waste. I'd certainly like to see the socks stick around. Definitely go back to the undershirts matching the jerseys like in 2020.

• Like 6

On 10/26/2022 at 12:39 PM, Pigskin12 said:

eddie-lacy-duke-williams-nfl-green-bay-p

Buffalo debuted this look last time Green Bay visited back in 2014. Would've been nice to see white pants this time...

My Lord, this with the Bills in white pants would be a gorgeous Super Bowl. Not that it'll happen this year...

• Like 6

fiowXOD.png

41 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

These looked better today. I don't know whether it was just the shock effect wearing off or (more likely) the lighting indoors in Texas was much more flattering than the shadows on a cold night in Chicago.

AP22303641110418.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=

I'm still not crazy about it but now I'm not demanding it be handled like toxic waste. I'd certainly like to see the socks stick around. Definitely go back to the undershirts matching the jerseys like in 2020.

Everything is fine except for the Bears' helmet

• Like 5

On 10/28/2022 at 1:10 PM, PERRIN said:

Here's a super quick sketch of what I'm envisioning
WAa160w.png

EHuM4lk.png

Good, but the gold needs to be on the inside of the black to better match the jersey numbers (just like the gold of the early day Jax Jags, or similar to the role orange plays in the striping pattern of the former & current day Bucs), especially in cases of wearing same color pants as jersey. For instance, picture these with the dual hip gold B's:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, on an additional note / tangent, they really need to fix that "Front-Facin' Raven" (granted, in a much better, less squeezed-together, more professionally reworked way than I have). Here's what I mean:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

2 hours ago, pagan696 said:

both teams had white pants-black "socks", terrible.

1437750501.0.jpg

Not nearly as terrible as it would’ve been with both teams in white pants with white socks IMO. In fact, this doesn’t bother me at all. Both teams are contrasting the pants with a different color sock, which is the number one priority. 

This combination is Atlanta’s only decent looking one, and for once Carolina isn’t wearing some stupid mix. 

• Like 7