2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

There was an analyst yesterday who even said there’s a distinction between calls for “traditional” QBs versus more mobile and agile QBs

Yeah. Or guys like Brady and Manning vs guys like McNabb and Vick and Lamar and Russell Wilson.

Weird how that happens sometimes.

• Like 7
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Yeah. Or guys like Brady and Manning vs guys like McNabb and Vick and Lamar and Russell Wilson.

Weird how that happens sometimes.

One on many things that Jalen Hurts is good at is sliding, or at least positioning himself to absorb minimal contact even when scrambling or executing a planned run.  But I worry that he'll take a huge head shot or otherwise overly-aggressive late shot and ref reaction will be "welllll, he's really a running QB so he deserves it", or "well, he's not like Brady or the Mannings or Rivers or...".

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Carolina Panthers have fired Matt Rhule.  

And Hackett lives on. This is an unjust world.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Carolina Panthers have fired Matt Rhule.  

This is the best thing to happen to the Panthers since 2017, and I'm not sure if I'm joking or not. Rhule was a disaster through and through. I have faith in Scott Fitterer to actually do a good job turning the team around but David Tepper needs to take himself out of the equation. You've tried running things and you screwed it up, now just step back and sign the check!

the user formerly known as cdclt

20 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Dallas's defense is out of this world right now, but still.  The offense needs to show up. You're not going to get this lucky again.

If the defense buckles and breaks, and the offense is still anemic and seasick; then they're going to be screwed.

This is why I find the Cooper Rush v. Dak conversation irritating. Cowboys have one of the league’s worst offenses this season under Rush, by nearly every meaningful metric. Every stat related to the QB passing and passing efficiency has Dallas near the bottom of the league. The Cowboys have had one of the league’s best offense when Dak is at the helm in the last 4 years (number 1 offense in the league the last two full seasons Dak played in 2019 and 2021).

The only reason the Cowboys are winning right now is because of their defense and special teams. The Cowboys may not have an elite offense once Dak returns, but at minimum they’ll be league average or above average. Pair that with this absolutely insane, dominant and elite defense the Cowboys currently have, the Cowboys will be a tough team to beat. A tough out. Only the 49ers and Bills have a better defense IMO. 

I’ve also never seen a Cowboys’ defense this good in my lifetime. The 2003 team was the closest in terms of an elite defense carrying a bad offense for the Cowboys, but this defense is far better. This is a Super Bowl caliber defense. Micah is going to win DPOY, easily too. What a generational talent. He’s without question, the best Cowboys player in 30 years. 

Just need an offense that can just put a little bit of pressure on the opposing team. 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

24 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

This is why I find the Cooper Rush v. Dak conversation irritating. Cowboys have one of the league’s worst offenses this season under Rush, by nearly every meaningful metric. Every stat related to the QB passing and passing efficiency has Dallas near the bottom of the league. The Cowboys have had one of the league’s best offense when Dak is at the helm in the last 4 years (number 1 offense in the league the last two full seasons Dak played in 2019 and 2021).

The only reason the Cowboys are winning right now is because of their defense and special teams. The Cowboys may not have an elite offense once Dak returns, but at minimum they’ll be league average or above average. Pair that with this absolutely insane, dominant and elite defense the Cowboys currently have, the Cowboys will be a tough team to beat. A tough out. Only the 49ers and Bills have a better defense IMO. 

I’ve also never seen a Cowboys’ defense this good in my lifetime. The 2003 team was the closest in terms of an elite defense carrying a bad offense for the Cowboys, but this defense is far better. This is a Super Bowl caliber defense. Micah is going to win DPOY, easily too. What a generational talent. He’s without question, the best Cowboys player in 30 years. 

Just need an offense that can just put a little bit of pressure on the opposing team. 

Did they have a good offense or did Dak pad his stats in garbage time? Because I only saw the latter 

• LOL 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Hate 1

19 minutes ago, dont care said:

Did they have a good offense or did Dak pad his stats in garbage time? Because I only saw the latter 

Such a lazy take. Do you only regurgitate tired and disproven takes from sports talking heads/internet memes? I’ve never seen a sports take or an argument from you that suggests otherwise. 

But to humor you, under the 47 games Dak has played in the last 4 years the Cowboys offense ranks 2nd in points, 1st in yards, 1st in passing yards, 2nd in completion percentage, 5th in interception percentage, 4th in passer rating, and 5th in point differential. 

Saying Dak is a garbage-time stat padder is an exemplary example of where someone’s football knowledge is.

If people want to argue that Dak isn’t a top 10 QB, or not quite good enough to lead them to a deep postseason run, or needs to play better when his team needs him in the postseason, I’ll hear all of those arguments. Those are valid arguments and criticisms of Dak. Arguing that he’s a garbage time stat padder isn’t. 

• Like 5

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

54 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Such a lazy take. Do you only regurgitate tired and disproven takes from sports talking heads/internet memes? I’ve never seen a sports take or an argument from you that suggests otherwise. 

But to humor you, under the 47 games Dak has played in the last 4 years the Cowboys offense ranks 2nd in points, 1st in yards, 1st in passing yards, 2nd in completion percentage, 5th in interception percentage, 4th in passer rating, and 5th in point differential. 

Saying Dak is a garbage-time stat padder is an exemplary example of where someone’s football knowledge is.

If people want to argue that Dak isn’t a top 10 QB, or not quite good enough to lead them to a deep postseason run, or needs to play better when his team needs him in the postseason, I’ll hear all of those arguments. Those are valid arguments and criticisms of Dak. Arguing that he’s a garbage time stat padder isn’t. 

Well when he has a history of playing well after being down by multiple scores it correlates to being a garbage time qb

• Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

All that bitching over a call in a game that they’re still going to win. Stupid. 

Probably. Lucky for KC, Josh McDaniels coaches the Raiders and makes dumbass decisions to take points off the board of his team.

Sometimes I forget Chiefs fans do the tomahawk chop. They gotta quit it with that 💩.

• Like 6