MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

13 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Yeah, I seem to recall the Army and Navy ads in Nascar has to be reeled back for the same reason.

I can't imagine why. The armed services have spent, likely, billions on marketing campaigns over generations, a necessity of needing to market themselves to potential recruits. NASA doesn't have that same problem. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I can't imagine why. The armed services have spent, likely, billions on marketing campaigns over generations, a necessity of needing to market themselves to potential recruits. NASA doesn't have that same problem. 

It was because they couldn't prove the effectiveness of the advertising in NASCAR to gaining recruits.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, namefornamesake said:

Just saw that the Astros officially announced a jersey ad for OXY, which is some petroleum corporation. Obviously the only acceptable ad in this scenario would be NASA, but I guess it could be worse. It at least looks kinda space-agey. 

Taxpayer dollars aren't going to be spent on advertisments on the sleeves of Baseball jerseys, just the building and renovations of the Ballpark the teams play in.

And for the Rangers and Astros, I'm sure an ad for a company dealing in propane and propane accessories would be just fine.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

It was because they couldn't prove the effectiveness of the advertising in NASCAR to gaining recruits.

Clearly on some level it still does, cause Air Force still sponsors the 43 and even the Space Force got a race in with the 42.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Astros should have a trash (can) collecting company as jersey ad.

"This patch announcement also all but assures that the team will not wear a 2022 World Champions patch on their uniforms this season"

Exactly, this whole jersey ad thing also interferes with jersey patches and ruins just about everything.

On the Gold program jersey as well??

On that jersey there is always a patch saying "World Series champions, year, and team logo" ..........on the other sleeve is a gold star and roman numerals indicating how many times the team have won the WS......... so one of these things will be gone as well?
Just ridiculous!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • LOL 1

21 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Oxy is officially the jersey sponsor on the Astros uniforms for the next 7 years. For those who dont know, its an oil company (Occidental Petroleum)

it shoulda been hefty for the asterisks. missed opportunity

• LOL 2

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

42 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Astros should have a trash (can) collecting company as jersey ad.

"This patch announcement also all but assures that the team will not wear a 2022 World Champions patch on their uniforms this season"

Exactly, this whole jersey ad thing also interferes with jersey patches and ruins just about everything.

On the Gold program jersey as well??

On that jersey there is always a patch saying "World Series champions, year, and team logo" ..........on the other sleeve is a gold star and roman numerals indicating how many times the team have won the WS......... so one of these things will be gone as well?
Just ridiculous!

Always? The Dodgers (2020) and the Braves (2021) are literally the only teams to have done that. (And the stars weren't gold)

2 hours ago, McCall said:

I don't think government agencies are gonna be using taxpayer money to buy ad space on baseball jerseys. Or I would hope not.🤨

Of course not, they're too busy injecting beagle pups with cocaine, watching roided up hamsters fight, and studying parrot love.🤑😂😭🤪

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If I was to hazard a guess, the Blue Jays red alternates are on the chopping block. There’s currently none in stock inside the official store at the Rogers Centre.  Most of the major retailers around the city aren’t stocking it or have very little inventory left.  Could  the new City Connect jersey be replacing it? 

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Oxy is officially the jersey sponsor on the Astros uniforms for the next 7 years. For those who dont know, its an oil company (Occidental Petroleum)

What a bunch of oxymorons.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

24 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

These MLB ads make the jerseys look like what I wore in rec league as a kid lol. You will never convince me this is anything but greed. Makes the game look cheap. 

bUt BuSiNeSs Is BuSiNeSs ThInK aBoUt tHe SaLaRy CaPppPp...

Those guys drive me insane.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

10 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

When the ad is bigger than the hat logo or a team sleeve patch then you have a serious problem.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

bSLCtu2.png