NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

11 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Is there a world where the new colors not used in major sports is simply Red-Yellow-Blue? As in the state flag?

there are plenty of teams that use 2/3 but no team uses all 3 besides the avalanche/blues/devils alternates…??? Real Salt Lake but idk if that counts to TruColors hints?

Plus he has said that they can "own it." It has to be something with the flag. 

27 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Is there a world where the new colors not used in major sports is simply Red-Yellow-Blue? As in the state flag?

there are plenty of teams that use 2/3 but no team uses all 3 besides the avalanche/blues/devils alternates…??? Real Salt Lake but idk if that counts to TruColors hints?

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

On the brilliance of Nikola Jokić

• Like 2

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

This is basically what I am imagining based on all the hints. Except maybe more of a maroon, copper, navy blue? In my head is a uniform with some desert cardinal ideas and some gradient-y Arizona sunset ideas. 

spacer.png

Am I on the right track @TruColor?

Oh lord, what if we get hit with the “Cactus Green” color rush alternate

I’m still interested in knowing the official color names that had @TruColor so perplexed that a Google search was necessitated as a response.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

These are the three best combos of this set in my opinion.

Which is exactly why I posted those three specific combos...if they keep it to those (which they won't, since they re-designated the teal jerseys as the official primary darks), the uniform set actually becomes pretty solid in spite of how stripped down it is. But of course "icy" and "blackout" and "allTeal" (which I'm not exactly against...but not in that guise), so, you know...

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Teal Jersey:  Gold trim.  No black

TdgaSv9.png

White Jersey:  Teal Trim around GOLD numbers.  No black.

cSH5dzf.png

I'd have to see a photorealistic mockup of that to gain a better idea, but I don't completely hate that concept...

2 hours ago, jags1828 said:

Most fans want the 95-2008 uniforms with the updated logo, but I'd go this route with the Jaguars uniforms. I'd be cool with the 2013 font like I have on the teal, or the current font like on the away and alt. Both fonts are solid.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

...Now THIS...this I could get behind. They wouldn't even need the gold trim in the numbers; just that bit of trim on the sleevecaps and collars makes all the difference in the world.

2 hours ago, MDGP said:

I love when we get close to a reveal on this site because someone will spitball something like "this color scheme would look good for the cardinals"

Women in the College of Cardinals: A modest proposal for a more equal (and  prophetic) church | America Magazine

Which immediately is followed by five pages of people treating the post like a leak and genuinely debating whether they'll wear uniforms inspired by catholic cardinals.

The truly ironic thing is that the above would be a nice color scheme for the football Cardinals 😄...and I bet it's pretty close to what we're actually getting.

1 hour ago, FiddySicks said:

I could 100% get behind something that has strong ASU Desert Fuel vibes to it. 

spacer.png

The very last Sun Devils game I attended as a student they worse these and beat Notre Dame.  Nostalgia is a big reason why, but these are top 5 for me all time when it comes to football uniforms. 

No cap...on its own, I thought that specific uniform was 🔥 the first time I saw it; I still think so. It'd look better with white pants, but still, that gray/copper/white color scheme was 💣

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Alright Josh Harris & Company. There is only one way any new name change should go....

HOGS!!!!!!!🐷🐖🐽

In the mean time, gold pants for the Commanders would be swell.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Alright Josh Harris & Company. There is only one way any new name change should go....

HOGS!!!!!!!🐷🐖🐽

In the mean time, gold pants for the Commanders would be swell.

"Washington Hogs" feels a little lacking. "Washington Warthogs" sounds better as an official name, while obviously allowing for "Hogs" to be the shortened nickname. And while I would love for them to have a better name, I give this about a 0.1% chance of happening. I just don't see the NFL allowing yet another name change in such a short timeframe. New logos and uniforms would be allowed (and are desperately needed), but I think we're stuck with this dud of a name.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Commanders changing their name and branding after the sale would be very MiLB-ish.

As a fan of the Mud Hens and the Washington [insert name here]: How dare you besmirch MiLB by suggesting that Washington could rise to their level of respectability!

• Like 4

spacer.png

1 minute ago, burgundy said:

"Washington Hogs" feels a little lacking. "Washington Warthogs" sounds better as an official name, while obviously allowing for "Hogs" to be the shortened nickname. And while I would love for them to have a better name, I give this about a 0.1% chance of happening. I just don't see the NFL allowing yet another name change in such a short timeframe. New logos and uniforms would be allowed (and are desperately needed), but I think we're stuck with this dud of a name.

As a fan of the Mud Hens and the Washington [insert name here]: How dare you besmirch MiLB by suggesting that Washington could rise to their level of respectability!

TBF, the Mud Hens are more respectable than their parent franchise 😉😝

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, Gary said:

He’s being hypocritical, what he would do. 

It would still make much more sense to unveil them before  the draft and then have new jerseys at the draft. Cardinals fans aren’t going to skip the draft just because they know what the jersey looks like. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think that causes a problem though, because then you need to present the helmet, pants and etc at some point, which would need to be before the draft, because just presenting the jerseys is going to leave a lot of what we want to see

• Like 1

It's the 13th, and tomorrow is Friday; if a media reveal was scheduled for Monday the 17th, wouldn't media invites have gone out already?  And if the reveal was going to be on Monday the 17th, I'd suspect some type of leak would come out this weekend, either via merch in-store or a Jags or Commanders-esque facility graphic installation...unless they're going to pay those teams to install on the weekend, which I suppose is possible.

The draft makes no sense as a uniform reveal location. The pick isn't gonna wear the pants and helmet. At most he will hold up the jersey or put it on. And it would completely overshadow the pick (or vice versa) when you could just make them both big events that get full media coverage. 

• Like 7