NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

51 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I love this, although there is something quite college-y about it. Not big on the helmet, but don't love their current helmet either.

Even with the gold, my mind went right to TCU when I saw it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Typhoon said:

All that Rams hype for nothing 

No kidding. This seems like a bad use of social media. By hyping up the post with a date on it, you’re telling people something tangible will be announced or released. Instead, they use this post to do a collab with the Breaking Bad guys to show that “they’re cooking in the Draft Lab”? Weak.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

No kidding. This seems like a bad use of social media. By hyping up the post with a date on it, you’re telling people something tangible will be announced or released. Instead, they use this post to do a collab with the Breaking Bad guys to show that “they’re cooking in the Draft Lab”? Weak.

SEAN! WE NEED TO COOK!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

rAUPGPZ.png

43 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

This seems like a bad use of social media.

This is actually a great use of social media engagement-wise. Through speculation, conversation, and anticipation, they probably more than quadrupled the engagement they would have gotten if they didn't post a vague teaser and instead posted just the video.

Not great for this board, but great for the marketing team.

• Like 7
  • Meh 1

Yeah, @jerrylawless3 hit the nail on the head. 

The easiest way to get fans to engage with a promo of any sort is to be vague and make them think it's uniform related. They all know what they are doing. 

I want to see a team pull the reverse of this and just update their wikipedia page one day with the new MS paint uniform graphics each team has and just wait until someone notices.

• LOL 7

33 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

This is actually a great use of social media engagement-wise. Through speculation, conversation, and anticipation, they probably more than quadrupled the engagement they would have gotten if they didn't post a vague teaser and instead posted just the video.

Not great for this board, but great for the marketing team.

I disagree. They surely pissed a lot of people off who were expecting a real announcement, and while they surely got a lot of people's attention this time, they may not be so successful next time the try this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Yeah I’d be okay with that. The logo never needs to change. I’d rather see Philly ditch the black and charcoal and ride with midnight green and silver. That would probably necessitate more than tweaks to the uniforms, though. 

Hahahahaha, a team ditching black! The Swoosh is laughing so hard it’s hyperventilating. Everyone knows anything black is 🔥 🔥 🔥

(For the record, I agree with you - either shade of green, silver as the secondary. I just think the design landscape will need to shift before a look like that becomes likely.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is why I've come to hate any Ravens concept that includes the Maryland flag and any Texans concept that makes the state flag the biggest element. You're a pro team who has fans outside of the state, why stick to that as a main element? 

While being a valid point about it possibly limiting fans from out-of-state, I don't think the Texans have been successful in getting any fans outside of the Houston metro. The Cowboys are so ingrained as THE NFL team of choice for the rest of the state that it will take the Texans winning a Super Bowl or two to actually get any fans from beyond Houston.

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Just a full switch to jelly green with the current template would be the best option for Philly. Because if they dig into new logos who knows what will get approved?

And a good number font.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Shoutout to whoever predicted Cheech yesterday 😂

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Both the Lions and Rams managed to bamboozle us

I guess?

I’m not sure that if you’re not a uniform nut like all the members of this community, would your first reaction team announcements like this really be “hey, must be a new uniform coming!”? 

Most fan’s’ thoughts probably don’t go straight to that assumption. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I guess?

I’m not sure that if you’re not a uniform nut like all the members of this community, would your first reaction team announcements like this really be “hey, must be a new uniform coming!”? 

Most fan’s’ thoughts probably don’t go straight to that assumption. 

Most of the replies on Twitter went straight to a new uniform assumption. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:38 AM, WSU151 said:

For 2023, the Vikings and Jets will have “tribute” helmets (not labeled alternate helmets), which means - as far as I can tell without seeing an actual image - they’ll be the current helmet finishes with throwback decals and facemasks (also likely means the black Jets helmet is sticking around at least one more year). 

I’m assuming that means 80s throwback jerseys for the Jets, and either 1970s or 1998 throwbacks (25 years since 15-1) for the Vikings.

Bit of an old quote, but bumping it because been quite a lot of talk and rumors in Vikings circles online about a Throwback Uniform coming in 2023. There's been rumors of either the 1970-1995 Uniform or the 1996-2005 Uniform returning as an alternate this year. Myself, I much prefer the 1961-1969 Uniform, which is just the 1970-1995 Uniform but with Gold trim. But I'd be happy with either one returning in some ay, shape, or form. As long as the 2006-2012 Reebok monstrosities never come back, I'm fine. I feel like they'll go with the '70-'95 Uniform, as they already wore that one as a Throwback from 2007-2011 and that's usually what fans think of when "Vikings Throwbacks" are mentioned.

• Like 6

da0Lbhs.png

2 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Bit of an old quote, but bumping it because been quite a lot of talk and rumors in Vikings circles online about a Throwback Uniform coming in 2023. There's been rumors of either the 1970-1995 Uniform or the 1996-2005 Uniform returning as an alternate this year. Myself, I much prefer the 1961-1969 Uniform, which is just the 1970-1995 Uniform but with Gold trim. But I'd be happy with either one returning in some ay, shape, or form. As long as the 2006-2012 Reebok monstrosities never come back, I'm fine. I feel like they'll go with the '70-'95 Uniform, as they already wore that one as a Throwback from 2007-2011 and that's usually what fans think of when "Vikings Throwbacks" are mentioned.

I could see them going this route also...

spacer.png

The white with the UCLA stripes is well remembered, and hasn't been thrown back to yet.

• Like 10

23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

There’s an alternate version of the new template that has horizontal seams on either side of the collar instead of the ‘V’ shaped seam that sits below the collar. The Ducks used it on their 2020 “Ohana” uniform and it’s also what Seahawks players used when testing the template in late 2020:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I would imagine this^ is what the Jets will get if they make the switch to the new template. 

Ahh, thanks for bringing that up. You'd hope this it was they'd go with.

19 hours ago, IceCap said:

FoDPwMZ.png

hes-back-harry-potter.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Sad 1

IbjBaeE.png

I just got to say, between this and the Cardinals topic, we've been absolutely BLESSED with hilarious posts. Like, some of the best I've ever seen on these boards. 🤣😂

Very intrigued to see what these Jets and Vikings "tribute" helmets are, and the new (presumably) uniforms they will be matched up with.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Yeah, @jerrylawless3 hit the nail on the head. 

The easiest way to get fans to engage with a promo of any sort is to be vague and make them think it's uniform related. They all know what they are doing. 

I want to see a team pull the reverse of this and just update their wikipedia page one day with the new MS paint uniform graphics each team has and just wait until someone notices.

Yeah, until people stop caring and now you don’t even drive engagement for actual announcements. 

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins