NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

There is really only one bad one of the bunch... and it is definitely going to be the winner.

I won't say anything misogynist about the designer, but I will say that Tiktok is a very powerful tool and I'll give her props for that.

Her work in general for the most part isn't awful. It isn't always my cup of tea, but she's done some nice work. There was a cool Lions logo that isn't particularly practical, but it was well done.

I guess all I have to say on that end is that it's the world of concepting. I think her work is better than what many people put out, but at the same time, it's clear that she isn't as experienced or knowledgeable as other people who have been in the field longer or do it for a living at a high level. I think her Browns dog logo has some interesting ideas, but the linework isn't as smooth and it doesn't incorporate the idea of hidden elements as smoothly or effectively as @Htown1141 does, with them being subtle enough not to interfere with the look's natural flow, but also noticeable enough if you know what to look for.

• Like 7

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

@SSmith48 put it perfectly.

Additionally, I think that she is doing great work for sports logo design and its presence with young people. Tik Tok is a fantastic way to reach wide audiences of young people who may not have known much about logo design or had any interest in it. Are her logos on par with that of professional designers who have been in the industry for decades? No. But they don't need to be.

Her ability to drum up interest in this particular field can show thousands of new people that this is a real hobby, and something to be passionate about. I really hope that creators like her find success online and bring about a batch of new designers who can create thoughtful designs. The concepts section has shown me that there are many young adults passionate about sports design who are capable of translating their ideas into logos and uniforms seamlessly. While it's good to see that already happening, it's even better to open the door for more and more people from different backgrounds to have the same opportunity. Not everyone finds a place like the CCSLC to express their designs, so the more ways to introduce sports design, the better.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

11 hours ago, bbush24 said:

Screenshot-2023-05-08-112841.png

I could do without the stripe on the foreheads (I'm fully aware my avatar has the same thing going on. I dislike it there too), but either dog on left side is a winner in my book.

The center and top right dogs look like one of the designs you'd see at a tattoo parlor. Trying way too hard for an aggressive logo with those two. Just not feeling the one on the bottom right at all

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Hannah McNair, Texans CEO's wife, talked about the new uniforms at a team charity golf tournament the other day.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/houston-texans-uniform-change-oilers-blue-approval-18086465.php?oeid=16052323&fbclid=IwAR0kdqVcmYErmjZChYtrbqGCmqbra6EtgVY6c2f4WozDvkLEB5YfDzl7Z74

"You'll have your blue, your white and ... you know ... the other," Hannah said, careful not to reveal what the other color might be.

Including any Oilers nostalgia — like say some Columbia Blue — in the new designs could be tricky, because Amy Adams Strunk, the daughter of the late Bud Adams and owner of the Tennessee Titans, owns the rights to everything having to do with the Houston Oilers, including the colors, logo and uniforms. The Titans, in fact, plan to wear Oilers throwback uniforms at some point this season, possibly against the Texans.

The earliest the Texans could debut any sort of redesign is 2024 because changes require the NFL's approval. Hannah alluded to some issues the team's redesign ran into as it worked with the NFL, although she didn't specifically mention the Titans.

"We’re trying to meet all the deadlines," said Hannah, referring to the NFL's approval. "We did get paused there for a minute with the NFL. We had to renegotiate some things, but we’ll get through it and I hope the fan base will be really happy."

The winner with the most fan votes of the Browns Dog logo goes to Emily Morgan. However, the  official Top 5 voting starts tomorrow at this site: Make Your Vote Count! (witcontests.com)

spacer.png

Design Your Ideal Cleveland Browns Dog Logo Winners - Wit Webapp (witcontests.com)

I thought this was the worst one of the Top 5. The CLE feels forced and those teeth are awful. 

• Hurl 6
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, nuordr said:

The winner of the Browns Dog logo goes to Emily Morgan: 

Design Your Ideal Cleveland Browns Dog Logo Winners - Wit Webapp (witcontests.com)

spacer.png

I thought this was the worst one of the Top 5. The CLE feels forced and those teeth are awful. 

That's what TikTok influence will do for ya...I guarantee that plus the forced-in CLE is what won it for her. 

• Like 10

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 minutes ago, nuordr said:

The winner of the Browns Dog logo goes to Emily Morgan: 

spacer.png

I honestly hate to say this, but I believe it to be because of the designer’s rather large following on Social Media she’s garnered in the last month. She gained national attention for her Vikings redesign.

While it is good, it doesn’t fit the style of the team as well as the other finalists.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Hannah McNair, Texans CEO's wife, talked about the new uniforms at a team charity golf tournament the other day.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/houston-texans-uniform-change-oilers-blue-approval-18086465.php?oeid=16052323&fbclid=IwAR0kdqVcmYErmjZChYtrbqGCmqbra6EtgVY6c2f4WozDvkLEB5YfDzl7Z74

Amy Adams Strunk, the daughter of the late Bud Adams and owner of the Tennessee Titans, owns the rights to everything having to do with the Houston Oilers, including the colors, logo and uniforms

This is BS, right? How can the Titans prevent the Texans from using light blue?

3 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I would think so. I'm skimming through the current trademarks associated with the Oilers and nothing seems to keep another Houston team from using those colors. Now, the league may be wanting to protect the Titans ownership of past Oilers history and doesnt want the Texans to get too close to that just to avoid the owners fighting it out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

"You'll have your blue, your white and ... you know ... the other," Hannah said, careful not to reveal what the other color might be.

Including any Oilers nostalgia — like say some Columbia Blue — in the new designs could be tricky, because Amy Adams Strunk, the daughter of the late Bud Adams and owner of the Tennessee Titans, owns the rights to everything having to do with the Houston Oilers, including the colors, logo and uniforms. The Titans, in fact, plan to wear Oilers throwback uniforms at some point this season, possibly against the Texans.

The earliest the Texans could debut any sort of redesign is 2024 because changes require the NFL's approval. Hannah alluded to some issues the team's redesign ran into as it worked with the NFL, although she didn't specifically mention the Titans.

"We’re trying to meet all the deadlines," said Hannah, referring to the NFL's approval. "We did get paused there for a minute with the NFL. We had to renegotiate some things, but we’ll get through it and I hope the fan base will be really happy."

Blue white and other, eh? 🤨

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

All you have to do is add a little red or green and you have a new blue color that they can't veto. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Blue white and other, eh? 🤨

Guy on Reddit told me it's going to be Oil Black, Texas Orange, and Houston County Copper, since Arizona bailed on Copper at the last minute.  They, too, plan on putting Copper watches in their teaser videos.

Just teasing @TruColor

• LOL 11

RE:  Commanders Rebrand

Washington Post writer lobbies Harris group to move on from Snyder legacy:  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/05/04/washington-commanders-name-josh-harris/

Radio host agrees:  

https://www.audacy.com/thefandc/sports/washington-commanders/danny-rouhiers-impassioned-plea-for-a-commanders-re-brand?utm_campaign=www.audacy.com%2Fthefandc&utm_content=1683333140&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_term=WJFK-FM

Will this gain momentum?   Harris has the money and the NFL would get to sell all new merch again.  

Personally, seems like a no-brainer to me, as long as they get it right.

• Like 8
  • Yawn 2

5 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

RE:  Commanders Rebrand

Washington Post writer lobbies Harris group to move on from Snyder legacy:  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/05/04/washington-commanders-name-josh-harris/

Radio host agrees:  

https://www.audacy.com/thefandc/sports/washington-commanders/danny-rouhiers-impassioned-plea-for-a-commanders-re-brand?utm_campaign=www.audacy.com%2Fthefandc&utm_content=1683333140&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_term=WJFK-FM

Will this gain momentum?   Harris has the money and the NFL would get to sell all new merch again.  

Personally, seems like a no-brainer to me, as long as they get it right.

The NFL thought they got it right last year.  The name’s not going anywhere IMO. Maybe the jerseys get updated. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.