NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

As a Zoomer born after the Oilers move, I would love to see Houston get their colors back. It's like if Minnesota had an NFL team without purple and gold. We're still salty about losing the Northstars tothepoint that the reverse retros are the most popular wild thing I see so I totally get it. Bring back love ya blue                       

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 1

On 1/27/2023 at 4:20 PM, Maximus89 said:

Life long Houstonian and that's one of the things i wrote in about- i'd rather us be Houston centric than a 2nd/wannabe Texas team pretending we could ever surpass the Cowboys. It's the Clippers in the Lakers shadow on a statewide scale.  I welcome H-Town branding and the H logo, but i can see where other's wouldn't. The H admittedly looks more like a classic Baseball logo than a football teams logo, but i like it.   Luv ya blue/white with or without red looks clean and the simplicity of the H logo works with the colors(i also really like the blue and white).

I'm good with red helmets with simple clean (not as dark as steel blue) blue jerseys with bold white numbers like the practice squad. Red for the Texans chest wordmark and red swoosh. Tweeks to add sharp details like the logo. White pants, bold blue side stripe coming to sharp point like the stripe through the logo. I think RWB looks striking. RWB with white or red as primary pops. Blue as primary like Team US Dream Team/Redeem Team Aways and it looks dull. Even Michael Jordan couldn't make blue primary with red and white look cool. Blue/Red without a third color looks better.

Plus side: Red helmets stand out outside of KC. May look like an opposite Giants but i, along with most fans here are bored and tired of the deep steel blue dominance.

AP22211621362498.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=

AP22211624824320.jpg?w=3768

I agree that Houston should adopt the red helmets.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, mafiaman said:

I think they should go with silver.  And put the oil derrick back on there while they’re at it. 

It’s over. Get over it. I miss the Oilers too, but there is no way to bring them back with Tennessee Titans CEO not budging. It does belong to the franchise. 

Just be happy football is back in Houston.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

It’s over. Get over it. I miss the Oilers too, but there is no way to bring them back with Tennessee Titans CEO not budging. It does belong to the franchise. 

Just be happy football is back in Houston.

Wake me up when it’s PROFESSIONAL football and not the Texans.  

• LOL 7

20 hours ago, Shumway said:

Lots of rumors about the Lions possibly getting new uniforms, but I guess this confirms something at least

I mean, I'm sure we ain't finna just skip past this, are we?? 

Let the speculation run rampid! I know this much: that darker gray got to GO.

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 1/28/2023 at 2:13 PM, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

As a Zoomer born after the Oilers move, I would love to see Houston get their colors back. It's like if Minnesota had an NFL team without purple and gold. We're still salty about losing the Northstars tothepoint that the reverse retros are the most popular wild thing I see so I totally get it. Bring back love ya blue                       

The North Stars seem like a fair comparison to the Texans in this case. Metro area loses beloved team, gets an expansion franchise, but fanbase still pines for the old look. 

I don't know much about the Houston market: in terms of local popularity, are the Texans the most popular? Like, have the people of Houston over the past 20 years fully embraced the franchise? 

I ask because teams seem to make these rebranding moves as a means of re-energizing a fanbase. If the community isn't fully engaged with the Texans as-is — and it wouldn't be surprising considering the on-field performance of late — then returning to a color scheme steeped in nostalgia would seem like a low-risk/high-reward move, the benefits of which could carry forward for decades.

It's a much more controversial topic in Minnesota, where the community has enthusiastically embraced the Wild, but the tug of nostalgia remains strong. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, tBBP said:

I hope the gray jerseys and white pants go in the trash. Also dreading a potential return to a black jersey 🤮. I've heard rumors of a return to Sims/Sanders era look, which I'm a thousand percent on board with

• Like 11

North Stars had a near perfect look. Even with the slight addition of black their look remained tops. The Wild look is really good too, but the name is awful.  

Similarly, the Oilers had great and unique colors. The oil derrick was iconic.  Then you bring in the Texans which I consider the worst nickname in the league. But they have a pretty nice logo. The colors at the time were bland, but it was acceptable. Now with so many teams in navy they’re just lost in the mix and don’t stand out much. There’s nothing wrong with them other than being dull. Had they won some Super Bowls they would be less dull. I’d honestly prefer them to stay as is. The Titans should embrace powder and red. The Seahawks should go back to silver, Royal and green.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

With that, the Eagles bringing back the Cunningham/Reggie era jerseys as an alt…would be awesome if Nike could figure out metallics for once.

Get some actual silver pants.

• Like 7

On 1/27/2023 at 4:20 PM, Maximus89 said:

I'm good with red helmets with simple clean (not as dark as steel blue) blue jerseys with bold white numbers like the practice squad. Red for the Texans chest wordmark and red swoosh. Tweeks to add sharp details like the logo. White pants, bold blue side stripe coming to sharp point like the stripe through the logo. I think RWB looks striking. RWB with white or red as primary pops. Blue as primary like Team US Dream Team/Redeem Team Aways and it looks dull. Even Michael Jordan couldn't make blue primary with red and white look cool. Blue/Red without a third color looks better.

Plus side: Red helmets stand out outside of KC. May look like an opposite Giants but i, along with most fans here are bored and tired of the deep steel blue dominance.

AP22211621362498.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=

Lone Star Glory – Sector Six Apparel

Something like this then? I think a shoulder cap designed like the 2020/2021 Olympics basketball shorts could work too.

RARE NWT Nike 2021 Team USA Limited Road Basketball Shorts XL Sold Out |  eBayReading FC 2022-23 Macron Home Kit - Football Shirt Culture ...Or like Reading's sleeves from this year, but probably less diffusion in the striping patterns. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, Shumway said:

I hope the gray jerseys and white pants go in the trash. Also dreading a potential return to a black jersey 🤮. I've heard rumors of a return to Sims/Sanders era look, which I'm a thousand percent on board with

I’d love to see something along the line of a slightly updated 1990s Lions look. Keep the updated logo but port the rest of the 1990s set to the current template. Silver and Honolulu blue pants+jerseys and nothing else.

I didn’t like the black jerseys, but didn’t hate the minimal black trim either. Is that an OK opinion to have?

• Like 7

On 1/30/2023 at 9:54 AM, tBBP said:

My obvious concern here is the love for “all blue” as suggested in the video game.  The Lions in all grey, all blue, and all white is straight-up dumpster fire.  The sooner this unicolor trend dies in the NFL, the better.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mafiaman said:

My obvious concern here is the love for “all blue” as suggested in the video game.  The Lions in all grey, all blue, and all white is straight-up dumpster fire.  The sooner this unicolor trend dies in the NFL, the better.

It won't. It's here to stay, and I've pretty much resigned myself to it. That said, for what it's worth, it still appears, for now, that less teams go dark mono than don't, so we have that, at least. And while I'm not completely opposed to dark mono, it doesn't work for the Lions—well, unless they design their next set specifically for that...

• Hurl 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, TreyEight said:

Lions literally only need to make the facemask blue 

And to make the numbers on the home jerseys more legible. The dark grey is hard to read on TV, should be white outlined in grey

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 11:49 PM, DustDevil61 said:

I’d love to see something along the line of a slightly updated 1990s Lions look. Keep the updated logo but port the rest of the 1990s set to the current template. Silver and Honolulu blue pants+jerseys and nothing else.

I didn’t like the black jerseys, but didn’t hate the minimal black trim either. Is that an OK opinion to have?

You mean 1975-2001 Lions look?

• Like 1