NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 1/30/2023 at 12:57 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Something like this then? I think a shoulder cap designed like the 2020/2021 Olympics basketball shorts could work too.

RARE NWT Nike 2021 Team USA Limited Road Basketball Shorts XL Sold Out |  eBayReading FC 2022-23 Macron Home Kit - Football Shirt Culture ...Or like Reading's sleeves from this year, but probably less diffusion in the striping patterns. 

Wait.

Are you actually advocating for this type of gradient striping on an NFL uniform?

To each their own, but…c’mon man.  You’ve got better taste than that!

• Like 12

On 1/30/2023 at 12:57 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Something like this then? I think a shoulder cap designed like the 2020/2021 Olympics basketball shorts could work too.

RARE NWT Nike 2021 Team USA Limited Road Basketball Shorts XL Sold Out |  eBayReading FC 2022-23 Macron Home Kit - Football Shirt Culture ...Or like Reading's sleeves from this year, but probably less diffusion in the striping patterns. 

Wait.

Are you actually advocating for this type of gradient striping on an NFL uniform?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Just now, Volt said:

Wait.

Only on the sleeves, not anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Only on the sleeves, not anywhere else.

I wouldn’t necessarily mind it being contained inside a stripe even. Especially if done like the Arizona ones  shown in the thread.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Not a terrible idea. Could work in the right context. We give a lot of leeway to the Astros Tequila Sunrise.

anu-solomon-ncaa-football-gildan-new-mex

usa-today-8206557.0.jpg

The key there is right context. I wouldn't be opposed to something like that, but it'd have to make sense for the team's overall brand identity and not just because OOH LOOK TEQUILA SUNRISE STRIPES!!!54321 or something like that.

Right off hand maybe only one or two NFL teams could get away with something like that...three if they play it right...but none of those teams are the Lions.

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

19 hours ago, McCall said:

The Texans are not (and probably never will) switch to columbia and red. A. It's the Titans's (former Houston team) colors and B. They're named the "Texans" with the state flag in their logo. A flag which is colored navy, red and white. It ain't ever happening.

I hope to live long enough to see them rebranded as the Houston Oilers. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 2/1/2023 at 6:39 AM, McCall said:

The Texans are not (and probably never will) switch to columbia and red. A. It's the Titans's (former Houston team) colors and B. They're named the "Texans" with the state flag in their logo. A flag which is colored navy, red and white. It ain't ever happening.

It's happening. I'm 99% certain at this point. If at least only for an alternate set, but it's going to show up. The owners wouldn't have spoken about it specifically and they're pushing merch with the colors pretty hard. JJ Watt who always wanted to wear the throwback Oilers, is wearing the new H-TOWN merch with columbia blue pants and Chicago flag beanie in an Instagram post today.  I bet he still has connections and knows what's coming. 

Fn-g7SOaUAA4nno?format=jpg&name=900x900

47 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

It's happening. I'm 99% certain at this point. If at least only for an alternate set, but it's going to show up. The owners wouldn't have spoken about it specifically and they're pushing merch with the colors pretty hard. JJ Watt who always wanted to wear the throwback Oilers, is wearing the new H-TOWN merch with columbia blue pants and Chicago flag beanie in an Instagram post today.  I bet he still has connections and knows what's coming. 

Fn-g7SOaUAA4nno?format=jpg&name=900x900

Well there you have it...about the most inadvertent leak of all time. (Well except for the whole Jacksonville Airport fiasco.)

And are my eyes fooling me, or is that a brighter shade of light blue...something more along the lines of the Panthers' blue, with a lil more green in it, rather than the softer luv-ya blue?? IF that's what they're doing, that could be a viable workaround to the IP issues (unless my previously-spoken conspiracy theory becomes true, that is)...and in truth, I wouldn't be mad about seeing that bright a colorway in the NFL or in Houston.  (At that/this point, though, they may as well change the nickname since it's so obvious the direction they're going in.)

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

4 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Well there you have it...about the most inadvertent leak of all time. (Well except for the whole Jacksonville Airport fiasco.)

And are my eyes fooling me, or is that a brighter shade of light blue...something more along the lines of the Panthers' blue, with a lil more green in it, rather than the softer luv-ya blue?? IF that's what they're doing, that could be a viable workaround to the IP issues (unless my previously-spoken conspiracy theory becomes true, that is)...and in truth, I wouldn't be mad about seeing that bright a colorway in the NFL or in Houston.  (At that/this point, though, they may as well change the nickname since it's so obvious the direction they're going in.)

I wouldn't read into the shade of blue based on that picture. JJ might be sending signals, but it's not like he's a team executive. Not sure I'd even call this a leak. It's more suggestive of being a clue than proof of anything. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I wouldn't read into the shade of blue based on that picture. JJ might be sending signals, but it's not like he's a team executive. Not sure I'd even call this a leak. It's more suggestive of being a clue than proof of anything. 

Don't ruin my fun, man!! 😄

• LOL 3

18 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

At DeMeco Ryans’ introductory press conference, the Texans put 2 helmets on tables behind him.

BOTH WERE BATTLE RED

could be nothing….. unless….

A lot of uniform things we dissect around here are nothing, but deliberately choosing the red helmets for the background of the first photos taken of your new head coach is very easy to believe as a more of a something than a nothing. 

• Like 7