NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

From a reliable collectible site that has never let me down in the past:

Placeholders for "2023 Alternate helmets" are Broncos, Browns, Colts, Eagles, Lions. Maybe more to come (such as Seahawks and Bucs).  Have to assume Eagles is the throwback but no mention of that in the description.  Hoping the Broncos is the throwback and not a white or orange option. 

Mods can DM me to validate; just don't want to get this seller/company in trouble. 

Wonder when we’ll hear about the Eagles’ petition for more than two helmets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Placeholders for "2023 Alternate helmets" are Broncos, Browns, Colts, Eagles, Lions. Maybe more to come (such as Seahawks and Bucs).  Have to assume Eagles is the throwback but no mention of that in the description.  Hoping the Broncos is the throwback and not a white or orange option. 

Mods can DM me to validate; just don't want to get this seller/company in trouble. 

I'd imagine the Colts and Browns are both to fully match their respective throwback sets. The Browns' wore white helmets in 1946, the year the uniform set is supposed to emulate. The Colts throwbacks are for 1956, but if they go one year back to '55, they could bring back the Manning-era throwback set that I remember them wearing the day Austin Collie was almost paralyzed against the Eagles. 

• Like 4

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

38 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

they could bring back the Manning-era throwback set that I remember them wearing the day Austin Collie was almost paralyzed against the Eagles. 

Remembered for that hit, and also that Indy wore those on the road when the home Eagles were dressed in their regular modern unis. At the time where throwbacks and alts were less common, that choice felt super weird.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The only one that's surprising is Lions.  We know about Eagles, and the Colts and Browns have logical throwback elmets to pair with existing uniforms.  I guess the Broncos is a bit surprising since they currently don't have a throwback jersey to go with a pale blue helmet, so maybe they're doing the "icy" thing (god please no).  In fact... oh know... that's probably what Detroit is doing :puke:

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The only one that's surprising is Lions.  We know about Eagles, and the Colts and Browns have logical throwback elmets to pair with existing uniforms.  I guess the Broncos is a bit surprising since they currently don't have a throwback jersey to go with a pale blue helmet, so maybe they're doing the "icy" thing (god please no).  In fact... oh know... that's probably what Detroit is doing :puke:

Gotta match the "clean" all white pants. I'd bet money that's what the Lions are doing.

We will have gone full Big 12 if the Lions come out with something like this for real. 

816UDjRkDVL._SX425_.jpg

BUTT!

• Like 2
  • Hurl 4
  • Dislike 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, Gary said:

If the Lions go alternate helmets, better be just the classic Bubbles or just the silver blank helmets 

They don't need an alternate helmet to go with the blank throwbacks.

I'd bet a decent amount of money it's going to be a white alt helmet for their ugly all-white jersey/pants/socks combo.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'd bet a decent amount of money it's going to be a white alt helmet for their ugly all-white jersey/pants/socks combo.

If that’s the case, I wouldn’t mind white with a blue Lion, I know they’re unveiling new uniforms and I honestly don’t mind what they had, but I want to see more traditional uniforms 

17 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm definitely gonna lose my mind if it's black or white... They rightfully kicked black out some years ago and I really fear they're gonna pull a Mets.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 10:05 PM, PERRIN said:

I'd imagine the Colts and Browns are both to fully match their respective throwback sets. The Browns' wore white helmets in 1946, the year the uniform set is supposed to emulate. The Colts throwbacks are for 1956, but if they go one year back to '55, they could bring back the Manning-era throwback set that I remember them wearing the day Austin Collie was almost paralyzed against the Eagles. 

Unfortunately I don't think Cleveland kept the throwbacks.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Volt said:

So up to this point, no team has confirmed new logos or uniforms for the 2023 season, correct? 

Officially, we can expect new alternate helmets and throwback/alternate uniforms?

Agreed with the first, as I've only seen speculation here.

I'm not sure that officially is the right term for the second. We can expect new alternates, throwbacks, or regular uniforms and/or helmets.

It's where I sit.

5 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Are the Browns gonna get a brown helmet to pair with their Color Rush? I certainly hope not.

There's no reason for that to happen. A white helmet makes sense, but only if it were paired with their throwbacks, which I don't believe they'll retain. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Do you think the browns just may be doing an alternate helmet with numbers on the side again? I think any departure from an orange helmet will be too much of a culture shock. Their helmet logo is no logo and their graphics usually is the helmet. I mean how many people actually know they wore a white helmet? I can see them reviving their throwbacks cause the bengals had to revive their old color rush to use their white helmet. I don’t see so much a brown helmet, but who knows. Maybe they go brown with an orange grill.  The nfl made this helmet rule weird.  I think the saints and panthers both wanted a blackout, one got it and the other got a Franken-throwback 

KISSwall09.jpg