College Football 2023

Rixaroo

More info coming out of Colorado

"Uncle Neely (@theepregameshow) says Coach Prime and Colorado will rival Oregon in terms of uniform combinations 👀 #SkoBuffs🦬"

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8BtqYkY4T6o

• Huh? 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Facepalm 1

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

5 hours ago, roxfan00 said:

"Uncle Neely (@theepregameshow) says Coach Prime and Colorado will rival Oregon in terms of uniform combinations 👀 #SkoBuffs🦬"

All the Buffs need is a template upgrade. They have done a good job with having traditional uniforms that still allow for a bunch of combinations. I would even argue they execute the gray uniforms better than anyone else in college football even though it's completely unnecessary.

And this is just perfection. Please don't ruin it Coach Prime.

usa_today_10252801.jpg

• Like 16

7 hours ago, roxfan00 said:

How long have teams been comparing their upcoming uniform nonsense to Oregon? Has it been forever? It may as well be.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, roxfan00 said:

Really throw a curve ball -- bring back the powder blue!

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • LOL 2
  • WOAH 3
  • Dislike 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

How long have teams been comparing their upcoming uniform nonsense to Oregon? Has it been forever? It may as well be.

Kind of funny too given the conservative direction Oregon has taken with uniforms and uni combos the past 3-4 seasons

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BigDmo said:

Kind of funny too given the conservative direction Oregon has taken with uniforms and uni combos the past 3-4 seasons

Agree. And I'll add that Oregon has a color palette that made it work.

Colorado's earthy tones do not provide the splash of color needed to pull it off. All they can really do is use different finishes on their helmets to try to give it some pizzazz, but I don't think it's nearly enough to compare to what Oregon has done.

Guessing this all means we'll see a gold chrome helmet, which will look cool and all, but it doesn't make them Oregon.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

22 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Really throw a curve ball -- bring back the powder blue!

spacer.png

Time out...what's up with this here? Blue??? What'd I miss?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Before your time, young whippersnapper.  😛

https://static.cubuffs.com/custompages/football/2017_Info_Guide/569-570_logo_uniform_evolution.pdf

May 28, 1981—Blue officially adopted as the primary uniform color in place of black after a Board of Regents mandate at its January meeting. Originally suggested to be “the deep blue Colorado of Colorado’s sky at 9,000 feet” by then-Regent Jack Anderson, jerseys were officially an “Air Force Blue” though different than the blue the Air Force Academy’s sports teams wore. Numerals were silver or yellow-gold, depending on the sport, and outlined in white. The football pant remained gold, but with a blue stripe, for both home and road. Football helmets remained gold but with blue logos. Other programs switched to blue, ranging from road basketball jerseys to golf bags. CU’s trademark south end zone is painted blue, the first color change since it was created after the track was removed in 1966.

April 24, 1985—“Black is Back” read the release announcing that athletic director Bill Marolt would allow head coaches of all CU sports teams (then 14 in number) the option of returning to black as the primary jersey color. McCartney’s throwback efforts the previous season were the impetus for the change; the football jersey had a blue stripe on the arm for the 1985, 1986 and 1987 seasons before it was dropped altogether in 1988.

I was always of the impression that Chuck Fairbanks demanded the change when he was the football coach at Colorado.  However, multiple articles that I found suggest that he has been unjustly accused.

• Like 5

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

On 4/26/2023 at 8:09 PM, roxfan00 said:

I just hope he doesn't do what he did at Jackson State and have 3 black jerseys, 3 white jerseys, and who knows what else. I do expect a chrome helmet or two though.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 4/28/2023 at 3:54 AM, tBBP said:

It’s CU—LA

• Like 3

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

It’s CU—LA

Pretty much.

New field design for Louisville.

I wonder if this is foreshadowing new uniforms. Otherwise, it would be very odd to move away from that font which has been so closely associated with the athletic program. Maybe they’ll keep the regular bird on the helmet.

I do not like this change. Louisville has a nice Cardinal head logo and its font was very distinct (at least the wordmark, I never liked it when applied to numbers). Moving to the full body logo feels very retro, something you’d love to see on a throwback ball cap at the bookstore, but past its time for a main logo. This feels similar to the Maryland change that I discussed a few pages ago.

Louisville’s problem isn’t the logo or the wordmark, it’s the hideous way they apply their logos and uniform styles. The on field uniform should use your logo in its intended colors.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Louisville looked best with the classic white helmet, full color logo, stripes, and the drop shadow block numbers. They later released a version with the modern number font. I’d take that now, if they’d at least fix the helmet and stripes.

spacer.png

• Like 8

11 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I wonder if this is foreshadowing new uniforms. Otherwise, it would be very odd to move away from that font which has been so closely associated with the athletic program. Maybe they’ll keep the regular bird on the helmet.

I do not like this change. Louisville has a nice Cardinal head logo and its font was very distinct (at least the wordmark, I never liked it when applied to numbers). Moving to the full body logo feels very retro, something you’d love to see on a throwback ball cap at the bookstore, but past its time for a main logo. This feels similar to the Maryland change that I discussed a few pages ago.

Louisville’s problem isn’t the logo or the wordmark, it’s the hideous way they apply their logos and uniform styles. The on field uniform should use your logo in its intended colors.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Louisville looked best with the classic white helmet, full color logo, stripes, and the drop shadow block numbers. They later released a version with the modern number font. I’d take that now, if they’d at least fix the helmet and stripes.

spacer.png

I can hope Adidas will help make the change from these atrocities the last few years to something along the Schnellenberger/Strong eras. Those were the classics. John L. Smith stripped them down to basics and Petrino 1.0 put a little pizzazz but they outdated themselves after a while. Brohm can keep adding to the positive hype by getting unis back down to basics. When he played, the unis were vibrant and classic.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

12 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

This does bring the football field in line with the logo and wordmark Louisville currently uses on its basketball court.

gettyimages-1236727465-2.jpg

• Like 4

6fQjS3M.png

Nice job, Louisville. Hopefully Adidas gives them a very minimal uniform now to compliment this retro vibe. If only more college teams realized the value of matching fonts across all fronts - endzones, unis, field numbers, etc.... i.e. brand cohesion. I just don't understand how so many marketing departments at that level of play think a bunch of mismatched typefaces look acceptable in this day and age.

1 minute ago, solvetica said:

Nice job, Louisville. Hopefully Adidas gives them a very minimal uniform now to compliment this retro vibe. If only more college teams realized the value of matching fonts across all fronts - endzones, unis, field numbers, etc.... i.e. brand cohesion. I just don't understand how so many marketing departments at that level of play think a bunch of mismatched typefaces look acceptable in this day and age.

I’ve always liked cohesion between football and basketball (most of the time), but it’s cool when the baseball teams have something a bit different.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/1/2023 at 9:07 PM, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Bridgewater era unis are great, but I don't mind the current set with the Oregon-esque wings, they just need to put the full color logo on the helmets, and then it should be good. That and probably stick with more traditional combos (i.e. w/r/w. w/w/r)

• Like 2