College Football 2023

Rixaroo

18 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I wonder, given the surprise nature of the Buffs' uniforms today, will we see them styled similarly to how Jackson State was under Deion? Multiple new jerseys/styles over the course of the season? 

The new set today wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, especially in regard to number visibility. I suppose the black outlines helped with that.

I'd expect them to look similar to how they normally do, rather than 5-6 jerseys and helmets. But seeing how Nike is more than happy to treat Minnesota with uniform options I could see them doing the same for Colorado. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 9/2/2023 at 12:56 PM, Cujo said:

Not a WFWS fan, but these unis were incredibly crisp.

Are those numbers the same as the ones found on the Miami Heat jerseys?

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

As they showed off at Pac-12 media day and in preseason photo shoots, UCLA is still wearing the Vapor Untouchable this year. Mildly surprising since the other Jordan Brand schools all got upgraded and LSU (plus the Colts & Patriots in the NFL) is wearing the shoulder stripe version of the FUSE template. While the jerseys and pants are the same, last night the Bruins wore about as much gold as possible without wearing gold jerseys. As far as I could tell, all of the players wore gold socks, tights, and cleats. Plus, they’ve added gold front and back helmet bumpers and gold chinstraps:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Completely off to the side, but a/ that is one of the absolute best colorways in sports, college or otherwise; and along with that b/ there was (may still be?) a time when I dreamed of the Snatit adopting that scheme...

50 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Are those numbers the same as the ones found on the Miami Heat jerseys?

Do you mean the font itself? If so, then yes...of course Colorado has had them since the late '90s, and part of me wants to see them reinstate the inlines they used to have back then, but yes, ITC Machine italic. 

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 minutes ago, walkerws said:

So pant stripes for this alternate, but no the regulars? WTH

I said the same thing on their X page, except I said why put stripes on the ugliest uniform and not on the blue and white pants? 

• Like 3

spacer.png

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

This uniform is so close to being perfect for my tastes. I really need them to switch back to the Clarendon font for the numbers.

• Like 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

57 minutes ago, Chawls said:

This uniform is so close to being perfect for my tastes. I really need them to switch back to the Clarendon font for the numbers.

I’d go a step further and say lighten the blue just a touch as well. Otherwise, it doesn’t get much better in CFB.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Arizona has changed their navy uniforms from the catalog version of the Vapor Untouchable template to the catalog version of the FUSE. They’ve also changed the stripes to red/white/red instead of matching the helmet stripes. I don’t mind the stripe change as long as the white jerseys and pants still match the r/w/b helmet stripe. The number font on the new jerseys appears to be a slightly altered version of standard block (noticeable on the 1, 4, and 7) and is also very  skinny. The placement of the Pac-12 patch and captaincy patches is also quite awkward.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They just had to go and ruin their perfect uniforms...

• Like 1

some thoughts I haven't seen mentioned:

1. Kansas always looks bad with inclusion of the Jayhawk.  Perhaps as a Mizzou fan I'm biased, but if they insist on having that stupid looking bird on their helmet (with so much yellow) they really need yellow elsewhere.  IMO they looked great in the "NY Giants" phase - just don't mix red/blue jerseys/pants.  Also unpopular I guess: I thought Trajan looked good.  Looking at the history of their "circus" font that seems even more superior; I would never have them in block since they have two superior alternatives that feel much more unique to them.  I don't even need to say how dumb the BFBS is - damn they're only 20 years late to the trend.

2.NAU mountain range pant stripe is really cool.  That's the sort of unique element that teams need without going over the top on cheesy gimmicks.

3.  UCLA always looks good but it's funny that they now emphasize metallic helmets and cleats BUT STILL HAVE THE KHAKI PANTS.  IT IS THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2023 AND WE STILL CAN'T GET TEAMS TO WEAR GOLD PANTS?  I am once again asking that the pendulum swing from "flat pants" to "metallic pants" - God bless the Raiders and Cowboys.  Florida State is obviously a huge offender too.

20 hours ago, nuordr said:

Kansas Jayhawks Blackhawks uniform: 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Change the beak to silver since it's a neutral color (get rid of yellow on all school branding), make the bird smaller on the helmet, change helmet to blue, facemask to white, jersey to blue with white numbers and red outlines, pants to white or silver, and you have a winner. The current Jayhawk with huge shoes and tons of yellow needs to go.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

🧡🖤

F5Lhc8-X0AA3xxk?format=jpg&name=large

F5Lhc9KXcAAJICR?format=jpg&name=large

Not sure how to feel about these to be honest. I am a huge fan of the original Smokey grey alternates and as a whole I think that this works pretty well (albeit worse than the original). Still, there's a mismash of elements with the smokey mountains remaining on the helmet while only the dark grey is present throughout the rest of the uniform. The face mask change was necessary I guess with it being black before, but I am not sure that the vintage grey was the right way to go either. Overall, streamlining the colors would go a long way.

• Huh? 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Lumbergh said:

Change the beak to silver since it's a neutral color (get rid of yellow on all school branding), make the bird smaller on the helmet, change helmet to blue, facemask to white, jersey to blue with white numbers and red outlines, pants to white or silver, and you have a winner. The current Jayhawk with huge shoes and tons of yellow needs to go.

You don't change the Jayhawk because it is one of the most recognizable mascots in the NCAA behind the Irish Leprechaun. You do take it off the helmet though and just go with KU, particularly on blue helmets. You could monochrome the Jayhawk on the helmet and make it all white and blue and it might work. 

• Like 4