College Football 2023

Rixaroo

A few more Pac-12 uni combos for this week.

Utah going white/red/red vs. Weber State:

spacer.png

Wazzu going gray/crimson/gray for the 2nd week in a row, but this time with the traditional lighter gray:

spacer.png

Cal busting out the navy pants and going mono-navy vs. Idaho:

spacer.png

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Navy/Memphis looks great. Good distinct looks on both sides. 

Agreed. Contrast contrast contrast. As much as you can. Enforceable by law. No whiteouts, no blackouts. You got a cool colorway? Lemme see that 🤬

• Like 3
Midway.png

The uni reveal videos are so out of control. Best way to describe the phenomenon is how EVERY SINGLE team in baseball does a May 4th Star Wars promotion, or at least something. It's an obscure idea that some teams originally did for fun, that has now become so standardized that you have failed as a marketing dept if you don't post some dumb Star Wars meme or run a Star Wars promotion that week. 

Same thing here. It's evidently a requirement for every team to put a heavy lift into filming, graphics, concepts to do their uniform reveals. I'm not saying don't, in fact I appreciate the creativity, let these people do cool things! 

But it gets really stale really fast. I am so exhausted by waiting through 30-60 seconds of annoying frames just to see a combo, not to mention it's always a player doing the same hilariously lame poses (likely with a ridiculous looking t-shirt sticking out, ruining the look)

The PROBLEM with this trend is that now it is almost a necessity, especially for smaller schools, to wear a different uniform week-to-week. Many don't have the resources of an Oregon, so the tweaks are random things like changing the facemasks, altering the helmet decals, etc. This has put us in a place where the majority of CFB teams don't have a set identity. Because there is a NEED for CONTENT every week, there's an unintended consequence of not having a uniform anymore. 

It makes me sad. In fact, I miss the 2000s when  you really didn't know if the team was gonna wear something new until they came out for warmups, and new looks were usually a surprise sprinkled in once or twice a season. 

• Like 5

Arizona State going white/maroon/white with large Sparky face decals on the helmets:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don’t really care for the big Sparky face decals (just use the regular Sparky), but they’re still better than any of the million different pitchfork decals they use.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Arizona State going white/maroon/white with large Sparky face decals on the helmets:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don’t really care for the big Sparky face decals (just use the regular Sparky), but they’re still better than any of the million different pitchfork decals they use.  

The giant floating Sparky head is pretty bad. The classic full body Sparky and the Pitchfork are the only helmet decals they need. The head only feels tacky, like this.

2019-7-minn-at-rutgers.png?1602097301

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

This level of mix and match should be beneath Florida State. Leave it to the directional schools. You’re garnet and gold. Play around with garnet pants, white pants on the road, even the occasional all black. But this looks totally wrong.

As a matter of technicality, you are right and I agree—this particular m&m combo should be beneath Florida State. That white helmet really should not even exist—unless they switch the white parts of the spear to gold, then maybe we can talk. HOWEVER...considering they're playing a team with pretty much the exact same colorway and regular combo (gold helmet/pants), I think I can see why they chose to go this route today.

(None of that explains why apparently BC is going WAH today...or is something else going on today I'm missing???)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This level of mix and match should be beneath Florida State. Leave it to the directional schools. You’re garnet and gold. Play around with garnet pants, white pants on the road, even the occasional all black. But this looks totally wrong.

On the other hand, players like to mix and match, and arguably the best game to do so is against the school that wears the same colors as you

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Yeah, especially when the color they’re replacing is gold, it just looks like a washed out version of their classic set. I can see why they’re doing this against Boston College though, as they have an essentially identical color scheme, although the Noles wearing garnet pants would’ve provided even better contrast. 

28 minutes ago, tBBP said:

(None of that explains why apparently BC is going WAH today...or is something else going on today I'm missing???)

It’s their annual “Red Bandana” game, which honors BC lacrosse player Welles Crowther, who died saving others in the September 11th attacks. 

Why the “Red Bandana” jersey is white though, I’m not entirely sure. 

27 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Yeah, especially when the color they’re replacing is gold, it just looks like a washed out version of their classic set. I can see why they’re doing this against Boston College though, as they have an essentially identical color scheme, although the Noles wearing garnet pants would’ve provided even better contrast. 

It’s their annual “Red Bandana” game, which honors BC lacrosse player Welles Crowther, who died saving others in the September 11th attacks. 

Why the “Red Bandana” jersey is white though, I’m not entirely sure. 

Because the bandana pattern didn't work as well when using red jerseys. To change the pattern to make it work for red jerseys, it'd be the white bandana instead. 

Trailer: 'Man in the Red Bandana' Will be a Feature Film | Inside Lacrosse

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png