2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

1 minute ago, BadSeed84 said:

Is this like their new Walmart jersey or something?

What do you mean they're wearing this walmart daffy duck lookin thing?

I hereby christen that as the Waffy Duck...

• LOL 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I cannot believe they have "EST 2006" on the sleeves. Forget the fact that words don't belong in sleeve stripes, that's not when the team was established. Unbelievable failure from what should've been an easy slum dunk.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

56 minutes ago, tBBP said:

They need to quit playing around with people and just bring back the original [Mighty] Ducks sweaters and be done with it already....

56136552.jpg.jpg

246893.jpg.0.jpg

1438034_333784-AP_03051404128.jpg

Ish ain't difficult, Anaheim...stop tap-dancing/pussyfooting around with folk and give us all what we REALLY want back!

We want the version in the 3rd picture, not the one with the plain eggplant gear and most certainly NOT the one with the placeholder black gear though!

That is JUST the update that logo needed. Now bring back the eggplant and jade full-time and put that on the shoulders.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

The :censored:'s the point of having the Webbed D there at all if it's going to be so small you'd need a microscope to see it on TV?

I could see the thinking being they wanted to include both logos and just had it there without considering how it would look on tv or it being a little detail that doesn't have to come across on tv. Plus, I'm sure it'll show up fine on on tv anyways when it's not the broadcast angle like any other small details in logos.

Why'd they hop on the roundel train so late?

Technically they didn't hope on the roundel train late because this is clearly inspired by the old shoulder patch which was a roundel.

How do you not at least fill the cuffs to match the hem?

Because it's going off the orange alternate where the sleeves and hems are different.

Why do you not even have the Mighty Ducks logo on the jersey as a shoulder patch?

Because it's an anniversary jersey and they have both logos in the chest logo. They really should have put the Mighty Ducks logo on one shoulder and the Ducks logo on the other.

Note: I am not meaning to defend the jersey decisions with the above, as I don't like some of the choices, more just trying to explain possible thinking.

HOWEVER, I do think people on the internet need to calm down (as if) and really think about these jerseys as being anniversary jerseys. They were never going to be straight up Mighty Ducks throwbacks and they aren't intended to be Mighty Ducks throwbacks.  It's an anniversary jersey and you may not like the decisions made, but anyone was wrong to think that this was going to be straight throwbacks or a straight up rebrand like some people on the internet may think.

3 hours ago, CDCLT said:

I cannot believe they have "EST 2006" on the sleeves. Forget the fact that words don't belong in sleeve stripes, that's not when the team was established. Unbelievable failure from what should've been an easy slum dank.

I will defend the jersey on this point though because it is wrong.

One sleeve says "Mighty Ducks est 1993" and the other sleeve says "Anaheim Ducks est 2006". 

• Like 6

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

It’s fine. Perfectly adequate.

It could be better, but the 25th anniversary one proved it could be worse.

I think the 25th anniversary one was a couple moves away from being really great. Namely getting rid of the jade shoulders and finding a way to use more eggplant.

IbjBaeE.png

I'm conflicted. I'm happy that the classic colours are back and I dig the more traditional take on the original striping design. Bringing back the old shoulder patch of all things as the crest is certainly a choice, almost giving the impression of a Winter Classic-esque jersey circa 2009-ish, or something like the Panthers or Blue Jackets jumping onto the trend around that time. That said it's my main point of contention; if it was just the original Mighty Ducks crest this would have been perfect. As is, it's kind of just okay I guess. And yet it's still better than the home and roads.

We already got a straight up throwback for the 20th Anniversary, a throwback-inspired look for the 25th, and even the orange thirds and last year's Reverse Retro with that original logo on it, so I can appreciate that maybe they wanted to try something different this time. But this is more than likely replacing the orange third jersey at least for this year, meaning that particular logo isn't even going to be on the front of a jersey for the 30th Anniversary, never mind that the thirds being retired yet again - even if it's temporary - further kills any hopes I had for an overhaul.

As a faraway fan I've yet to attend a game in Anaheim and never got to see the original eggplant and jade look in person. Ironically I was in Ottawa while the Ducks were playing the Sens for that one Throwback Night in 2013. I'd meant to plan a trip in 2018-19 but regrettably never got around to it. Depending on their plans for the 30th I was thinking of finally taking the plunge for my once in a lifetime chance to see them in something reminiscent of the original uniforms - and now I'm not sure if I want to 😅

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I'm surprised by the amount of hate the Ducks Jersey is getting. I really like it. I prefer the mask on the original logo, but otherwise, I like the subdued look of these horizonal stripes and I think the loss of the crossed sticks behind the mask is an improvement. Forgetting the advertisement (which I can't, but, you know...) I think this is my favorite Ducks jersey. I do agree with the poster(s) that mentioned that the tiny little webbed-D is pointless but it's also small enough not to detract.

I really like this jersey.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 6/28/2023 at 11:29 AM, SFGiants58 said:

While I’m not for oversimplification, the trend of double outlines looks very out-of-date, even tacky now. 

The Centennial crest is nearly perfect. Perhaps add a black outline?

gpxWPk2.png

It's jarring when you see the Centennial crest next to the "current" crest. There's no way they go back to the "current" crest, right?

RDMECDW.png

• Like 5

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

4 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I'm surprised by the amount of hate the Ducks Jersey is getting. I really like it. I prefer the mask on the original logo, but otherwise, I like the subdued look of these horizonal stripes and I think the loss of the crossed sticks behind the mask is an improvement. Forgetting the advertisement (which I can't, but, you know...) I think this is my favorite Ducks jersey. I do agree with the poster(s) that mentioned that the tiny little webbed-D is pointless but it's also small enough not to detract.

I really like this jersey.

I think if the duck mask was less quirky I would dig it. It's like the entire jersey is serious, clean, and classic looking but then the duck mask is cartoony. I like all of the pieces of the jersey, but somehow they just don't fit together. 

It also just seems like they want to do anything BUT bring back the originals. They just keep dancing around it hoping the clamor for the original set goes away. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I will defend the jersey on this point though because it is wrong.

One sleeve says "Mighty Ducks est 1993" and the other sleeve says "Anaheim Ducks est 2006". 

Your defense makes sense, but it seems like a weird decision to make for a professional organization. The jersey is almost completely inspired by pre-2006 jerseys and anything included from post-2006 seems forced, including the "est 2006". They are supposed to be celebrating 30 years as a franchise in the NHL, not splitting hairs and isolating specific events. Did current ownership really need the pat on their own back that bad?

• Like 4