2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

It might be a little early for a '22-'23 season thread, but Bill Foley recently confirmed that the Knights will be getting a new jersey for next year.

https://vegashockeynow.com/2022/01/15/bill-foley-confirms-golden-knights-to-get-new-third-jerseys-soon/

According to Foley, “We do have a new jersey coming. We do. I don’t have one handy but we sent it back for a couple of modifications but it’s a good one and you’re gonna like it."

The gold alternate has only been around for 2 seasons, so I'd be surprised if it gets replaced already. This most likely is going to be part of the Reverse Retro 2.0 program. I'd expect a black jersey.

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

That or the gold alternate becomes the primary, and they ditch the grey jersey…

The wording Foley used doesn't imply it's a pre-existing jersey, though; you'd think he'd have one handy if it were. Most likely, it's either RR 2.0 or some new specialty jersey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

The wording Foley used doesn't imply it's a pre-existing jersey, though; you'd think he'd have one handy if it were. Most likely, it's either RR 2.0 or some new specialty jersey.

Well what I meant was, they’re ditching the grey, updating the gold to primary, and coming out with another third.

But it’s most likely the new Reverse Retro line

I wonder how many teams will keep the same reverse retro, and how many will have new ones…

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

47 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Well what I meant was, they’re ditching the grey, updating the gold to primary, and coming out with another third.

But it’s most likely the new Reverse Retro line

I wonder how many teams will keep the same reverse retro, and how many will have new ones…

That was mentioned in the article, and considering how much Foley loves the gold jerseys I'm sure it's been suggested. It seems like it'd be a divisive move though. People either love or hate them.

For the RR, I'm sure the league is going to force teams to come up with something new, even if it's just a recoloured version of the old ones (i.e. burgundy Nordiques/Avs, green Wild Stars, white Peyote Coyote).

2 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

For the RR, I'm sure the league is going to force teams to come up with something new, even if it's just a recoloured version of the old ones (i.e. burgundy Nordiques/Avs, green Wild Stars, white Peyote Coyote).

Honestly, I could see a second round doing more of what Vegas did and using other historical teams from the team's market as references for a design. It'd be a fun spin on the concept of "Reverse Retro" by taking it to it's literal extreme; new jerseys based on retro teams rather than just inverting retro jerseys.

• Like 1

Just now, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, I could see a second round doing more of what Vegas did and using other historical teams from the team's market as references for a design. It'd be a fun spin on the concept of "Reverse Retro" by taking it to it's literal extreme; new jerseys based on retro teams rather than just inverting retro jerseys.

Perhaps...but the NHL is clearly aware that 80s/90s designs are in peak demand.  

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I want this jersey in current Blues colors OR this jersey with the same colors, but the eagle is replaced with a blue note. 

I'm picturing the ST LOUIS text in a navy, yellow, royal pattern instead of red, white, red. 

So you want a Tampa jersey with a Blues logo slapped on it?

St. Louis should go with a yellow jersey for the next RR.

• Like 3

I got kind of flamed for my take a while back in the 21-22 thread (at least I think it was that thread) for not being too super hot about a second go-around at the Reverse Retros because I was questioning where some teams would be able to go with a second jersey that would still fit under the "Reverse Retro" banner.

I'm still interested in what will come of RR 2.0, but my hot take is that I think it'll be worse/less well received for the majority of teams.

• Like 1

IEI5Tg1.png

19 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

I realize that's just a mockup...but it does look better without the white outline that was on the original version. Also, it looks like the mockup has the horn shading reversed. 

2002-03 Miroslav Satan Buffalo Sabres Game Worn Jersey - All Star Season -  Team Letter: GAMEWORNAUCTIONS.NET

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

081yl3Z.png

C'mon Columbus. You know you want to. (For those of you that might not know)

• Like 4

AmPJ0Ty.png