Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

26 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s weird, we’re entering an era of redesigns where it seems like home and away uniforms don’t exactly line up design wise with each other. First the Rams (pre-white), then Washington, and now Arizona. Although at least the Cardinals have relatively recent precedence.

Speaking of the latter two, can’t wait to watch the Washington Cardinals vs Arizona Commanders game this season.

I'm not sure how much of a trend it is. The Rams have already walked it back by making the whites their road look and relegating the bone to alt status. The Cards have precedent for it, as you pointed out.

And the Commies? It wouldn't surprise me if Dan Snyder saw three different mockups for three different uni sets and just said "yeah all of those are good"

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

39 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Reddit was where the "Rams are going highlighter yellow and grey," "Broncos are going grey and orange," and "Cowboys are going with chrome helmets" came from.

Remember the guy who said the Jags would have gold helmets with "Jags" in a UCLA style script? Reddit. 

The guy who lied about the Bengals' helmet? Reddit. 

Stop believing leaks/news from Redditors. 

I kinda wonder if this is all just a single pathological liar.

• Like 5

Just now, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I kinda wonder if this is all just a single pathological liar.

A few of the Reddit guys who have come by here were dinged for being the same guy. BradyIsMyHomeboy/TheSoundofThrowingPennies and a few other nicks.

The others weren't linked to that guy but that doesn't mean they aren't him 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's possible. I feel for @TruColor though. Guy got taken on a ride, and he doesn't deserve that given all he's done for the online sports logo community.

• Like 9

I’d be less annoyed with the Cardinals new uniforms if they were totally and irredeemably bad, like full of gradients or some other bs gimmick. I could just write those off as being sucky and move on, but they came so close in so many ways but still missed the goal pretty badly IMO. There are just so many odd decisions made. The shiny silver :censored: is the biggest head scratcher for me. Why not just make it black? Silver doesn’t really fit. Hell, even a sandy gray/brown desert cardinal color makes more sense. The red pants are desperate for a double stripe and ARIZONA is waaayyyy too big. The BFBS uniform is tired and boring. Going with the desert cardinal theme for the alternate would have at least been more interesting. Simple can be great when it’s thoughtful and deliberate. The Cardinals are simply boring. 

• Like 6

Just now, 8BW14 said:

I’d be less annoyed with the Cardinals new uniforms if they were totally and irredeemably bad, like full of gradients or some other bs gimmick. I could just write those off as being sucky and move on, but they came so close in so many ways but still missed the goal pretty badly IMO. There are just so many odd decisions made. The shiny silver :censored: is the biggest head scratcher for me. Why not just make it black? Silver doesn’t really fit. Hell, even a sandy gray/brown desert cardinal color makes more sense. The red pants are desperate for a double stripe and ARIZONA is waaayyyy too big. The BFBS uniform is tired and boring. Going with the desert cardinal theme for the alternate would have at least been more interesting. Simple can be great when it’s thoughtful and deliberate. The Cardinals are simply boring. 

That's the thing. I really like the INTENT behind these, but the execution is off just enough to keep me from liking them.

• Like 1

Team looks like Team is starting to become such an incredibly old and unoriginal take. I feel like this board should start taking measures against it or something. Yeah congratulations, they wear red and have stripes, unbelievable what a concept guys. 

Nobody in sports owns anything. This is not copyrighted, trademarked, whatever. It is colors and stripes that date back decades. You're going to see common themes no matter what.

Please stop.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Huh? 1

bSLCtu2.png

6 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Team looks like Team is starting to become such an incredibly old and unoriginal take. I feel like this board should start taking measures against it or something. Yeah congratulations, they wear red and have stripes, unbelievable what a concept guys.

I'd rather ban Reddit and all Reddit-related discussions then ban a single sort of criticism that you personally find annoying. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

“Hey guys, can I copy your homework real quick?”

”Yeah sure, just don’t make it obvious.”

The homework being copied-

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don’t get the comparison to the 49ers…the Cardinals don’t have a drop shadow (pretty big difference) and the Cardinals historically wore red numbers with black outlines and sleeve stripes. The new white jerseys look more like the Timm Rosenbach than anything the 49ers have worn. 

And I’d say, if anything, WSU copied the Cardinals’ classic home look.  The Cards were wearing white helmets with cardinal jerseys/pants 20 years ago. 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Full disclosure-

I do like this set. I don’t love it though. It’s definitely lacking in a a couple areas, but much like the newest Jacksonville set, with the right combinations it’s a really good set overall.

I feel as though we collectively see it as “meh” or “mid 🙄” because we watched all 9 players come out in monochrome looks and the team didn’t offer any insight into mixing and matching.

• Like 1

My new Bottom 10 Uniforms in the league after this unveiling: 

32) Jacksonville Jaguars - Loathe the plain uniforms

31) Washington Commanders - Loathe the plain pants on different templates for home/away/alternate

30) Tennessee Titans - They went from the best pants in the league to the 3rd worst. 

29) Atlanta Falcons - Not a fan of the uniform, should have added gray pants to tie in the facemask. 

28) New York Jets - Bad stripes, the black is not needed. 

27) Denver Broncos - Not a bad uniform, but they need to change it up and do a modern Elway set. 

26) Arizona Cardinals  - Like the white & black uniform, loathe the red uniforms since it doesn't match the other two. 

25) Detroit Lions - Like their uniforms, except I loathe the plain gray & white pants. 

24) New Orleans Saints - Just need to fix the gold color throughout the uniform and get rid of the plain black & white pants. 

23) LA Rams - Lose the bone and make the pants stripes uniform on across the board. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, heavybass said:

Someone mentioned that they are the modern take on the old Phoneix Cardinals uniforms?

Personally I would like a modern take on the Pat Tillmans.

The modern take would be that he was killed via friendly fire and his unfortunate death was covered up and rebranded to sell the NFL as the most American-y thing to ever American.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

8 hours ago, mahnkej said:

You could argue the Seahawks are iconic. That was Nike's flagship, the first ones they made after taking over from Reebok (I think). That was 10 years ago already though, practically a different era. Chargers and Bengals are the only really good ones I can think of.

As you mentioned, half their "rebrands" have just been corrections of previous rebrands that they butchered (Bucs, Browns, Jags. Jags still aren't even good). That's not great. Lol.

The Vikings belong in the group with Chargers & Bengals.

These Cardinals uniforms suffer the same issue as the Commanders, neither feels curated and look like they threw 3 teamwear unis together.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SCL said:

The Vikings belong in the group with Chargers & Bengals.

These Cardinals uniforms suffer the same issue as the Commanders, neither feels curated and look like they threw 3 teamwear unis together.

The Cardinals white and black uniforms at least have some cohesion. I expect a w/b/w/b combination at some point

• Like 2