2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

54 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t know, giving the Super Bowl an earlier kickoff, no matter where it’s being played, seems like a win in my book.

Also, regarding Arizona’s QB question- Why not trade for Kirk Cousins?

1. Cousins won't waive his no-trade clause... especially to go to a clown show like Arizona.

2. Has a mid-season QB trade worked out?  Not that the playbook rocket science (despite what these workaholic coaches would have you believe), but I'd imagine it'd take a few games to get the "feel" of the receivers and their tendencies, and to (again, for lack of a better word) get the "feel" of how the line plays, etc.

49 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Because Kyler is back in one month.

and he's never going to win anything... but trading assets for another QB who's also not capable of wining anything  is a net loss for AZ.   Probably best for them to part ways and absorb the dead money (or whatever the penalty is) and hope there's someone in the org that can develop into the next Purdy, or hope they're in position to draft a true franchise QB that values winning over video games.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Who even likes this London thing? It can't make that much money for the league. The NFL couldn't put down solid roots in Toronto, Why am I supposed to believe they've done so in London? It's like Bettman and any humid city with too many freeways. 

Me. Football on Sunday morning is great and I like seeing the sport played in other cultures. The Germany and Mexico games are also fun.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

2. Has a mid-season QB trade worked out? 

Jimmy G was a mid-season trade for the Niners in October 2017. The team won out after putting him at starter in week 13. It wasn't enough to save the season at all, but it was a solid turnaround.

• Like 1

Let's put games in Germany and Mexico and England and Tokyo and Moscow and wherever else.

Just don't make them regular season games. Why do those games have to count?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Let's put games in Germany and Mexico and England and Tokyo and Moscow and wherever else.

Just don't make them regular season games. Why do those games have to count?

Because that was one of the reasons the NFL went to 17 game season. Wanted that extra game so teams weren't giving up their 8th home game to play overseas.

Pretty sure the 17 game season is only because Goodell sees lubing up the players for an 18 game season gradually works better than forcing it from the start. 

2025 is the earliest that transition can take place and I don't doubt for a second that that is when it will happen. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So when is it time for Taylor Heineicke in Atlanta?

It’s gotta be now. Playcalling did the team no favors but no way we should have lost that game, especially since Washington’s offense was giving us chance after chance to take it. 

As far as the London thing goes, it’s obviously a small sample size, but I interviewed some UK fans for a school project and they LOVE it.

They swear the NFL is huge down there, and it’s even bigger in Germany. All of them credited the NFL’s trips over there as strengthening their/the country’s fandom. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

In the words of Dean Smith, glad I'm not living and dying by this, because the Bears would have made me a zombie years ago.  Do I wish they won?  Yes...am I gonna mope all night and all Monday?  No.

Far as the bonus coverage, I'm gonna call it: if the Whiners lose this game, Kyle Shanahan will be the next Dumb Decisions episode. 😂

EDIT: Kyle Shanahan...welcome to Dumb Decisions 😆😆😆😆😆

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

16 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

At least I can take solace in the Forty Whiners imploding like a supernova at the end of their game. 😆

Um. Not so fast there. Refs aided the Browns on their final drive and the Niners are in GW FG range as I type this.

Also, Cleveland gave $230M to an alleged rapist and and nearly beat the mighty 49ers with an XFL washout.

6uXNWAo.png

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Um. Not so fast there. Refs aided the Browns on their finals drive and the Niners are in GW FG range as I type this.

Also, Cleveland gave $230M to an alleged rapist and and nearly beat the mighty 49ers with an XFL washout.

Beat them with XFL MVP P.J. Walker.

• Love 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png