2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

Part of that AFC streak was also the fault of the Browns. In at least 2 of the 3 Browns v. Broncos AFC Championship Games, the Browns were the better team but blew it. 

Browns would've played better against the 49ers but probably lost. Against the Giants and Washington? Browns beat the Giants. Probably beat Washington.  Broncos got complacent in that game going up 10-0. Browns team at the time wouldn't have (especially if it was the year after the Drive still happening). 

In the end, the AFC was the more competitive conference top to bottom but the top end wasn't nearly as good as the NFC champions. 

Then you have the upsets. The Chargers, Patriots 2x, Broncos, etc where clearly the better team lost in the AFCCG and the underdog couldn't put that chemistry back on the field with usually two weeks to plan. 

No one was beating the 49ers in sb29 but the Steelers would've made it closer. The Bills? Eeked out A Wide Right but their 2nd and 3rd trips were hot garbage. The 4th had a slim chance at halftime but the second half was ALL Cowboys. 

Thing about it was everyone exalted Elway for winning the game against the Packers but they let TD score to get the ball back instead of letting the clock run out and a chip shot FG. Broncos lose that game I think the future would've been much different

Elway wouldn't have shaken the loser stigma and I don't think the next year goes nearly as good for them. They'd be like the 28-3 falcons. Shell shocked the next year. Meanwhile packers would be the preeminent dynasty of the time winning two straight instead and I honestly think the packers would've never drafted Rodgers with a former two time back to back champion that would be untouchable at that time later on. Jets and vikings don't happen. After that the butterfly effect would be too massive to contemplate. 

But with the loss in that game Favre's wild gunslinger persona wasn't as ironclad and GB was willing to explore his replacement a lot earlier

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Part of that AFC streak was also the fault of the Browns. In at least 2 of the 3 Browns v. Broncos AFC Championship Games, the Browns were the better team but blew it. 

Browns would've played better against the 49ers but probably lost. Against the Giants and Washington? Browns beat the Giants. Probably beat Washington.  Broncos got complacent in that game going up 10-0. Browns team at the time wouldn't have (especially if it was the year after the Drive still happening). 

I don't think the Cleveland Browns beat the New York Giants in 1986. But I'm pretty sure they beat the 1987 Washington (Commanders). And if they did win one of those two Super Bowls, a new stadium gets built and they never leave in 1996.

• Like 5

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

OMG, 11 might be the worst number in that silly-ass gimmicky-ass dumb-ass font.  Not sure I've ever seen it before today.

How can anyone defend that style?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

^ Who’s this?

Someone that was dumped by his helmet one year, his shorts the next, and then his jersey.

He should stick to church and overcompensating for his small penis.

3WGWLBSKQJAQDICQFN3GS3M4RQ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, BBTV said:

Someone that was dumped by his helmet one year, his shorts the next, and then his jersey.

He should stick to church and overcompensating for his small penis.

3WGWLBSKQJAQDICQFN3GS3M4RQ.jpg

Take away the crossbow and see who wins. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Not sure where to put this, but uhh…

former OL Michael Oher and inspiration for the Blind Side film is claiming the Tuhoys never adopted him and simply tricked him into signing a document that made them his conservators and getting all the money

https://x.com/espn/status/1691128231229902857?s=46&t=0jXPYtvS0Gmu8zJyrKx0hA

Not surprising considering the way they were portrayed in the movie wasn’t much better. Their always seemed to be an ulterior motive with them