MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

"Diamondbacks" is a little too long for the chest, imo. But it's definitely better than "D-Backs"... then again I have an admittedly somewhat irrational hatred for informal nicknames on uniforms (looking at you Senators, Lightning, and Hurricanes of the NHL).

• Like 3

oBIgzrL.png

I'm preaching to the choir saying they should've brought back the purple/teal era but these aren't terrible.

I'm glad they decided on a colour scheme but overall it's just a meh set. Not great, not horrific, just middle of the road.

The black uniform is easily my fave.

24 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

How did you feel about the original D-Backs uniforms? Those were off-white too, but purple and turquoise wasn't exactly a traditional color scheme. 

mlb_g_johnson1_1296x729.jpg

Still feel like off-white was unnecessary, as were vest jerseys. 

16 minutes ago, Guy with Machete said:

Feel like the headspoon and piping looks way to narrow which gives the jersey a slight knock off-ish appearance.

My thoughts exactly. Getting your first ever headspoon just as Nike introduces a narrower placket. Not what I'd call quality strategic planning. And perforated numbers are just bloody stupid. How much weight did you remove from the jerseys? Certainly less than you added with the sponsor patch. Ugh. 

2 hours ago, AJM said:

Very nice. The piping is beautiful.

If the only versions of this uniform were the two on the right, this would be an even better set.

And if the road grey had a front number (preferably in contrasting colours) and if it used the same hat as the home  uniform, then this set would be just about perfect.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

13 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

And if the road grey had a front number (preferably in contrasting colours) and if it used the same hat as the home  uniform, then this set would be just about perfect.

I argued that they should have added front numbers to all the jerseys in this set. The more I look at the new home jersey, the more naked it looks without them. 

• Like 1

Probably the best you can hopefor without the purple and teal. They seriously need to bring that back. I love AZ architecture when it's colorful with teals and purples. The red and black and sand just screams "suburban sprawl." The worst of AZ is found in the sandy, lifeless suburbs, the best is found in the small nooks and crannies people have used to survive this desert for centuries. AZ needs to embrace color as a whole state.  just the perspective of an outsider who's spent the past 4ish years in AZ and is preparing to go back to the Midwest

• Like 5

The new color scheme is surprisingly nice, but the uniforms themselves are still too plain for my liking. I still truly believe they were on to something with the snakeskin pattern a few years ago and just needed to figure out a more tasteful way to incorporate it rather than getting rid of it altogether.

Reverting back to the old D-snake is also an odd decision. I don't see what was so bad about the updated one.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

I have the opposite reaction, I like that it's back. They finally have a good consistent look again.

Also the first new uniform set in the new Nike cut is off to a good start.

How does having a second-primary hat mark that has nothing to do with the other primary-hat mark lead to a "consistent" look?  It's literally the exact opposite.

Would be a decent refresh if not for one of the worst logos that's ever graced an MLB cap.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow! I’m not a fan of the headspoon (although I don't think it looks quite as thin as I had feared), but everything else is an upgrade. The biggest relief is that "D-Backs" is no longer a part of the set, hopefully for good.

Although I've personally started to sour on the turquoise, as oppposed to sand, I am glad they finally settled on one color scheme, even if it's maybe not the one I would've chosen. On the positive side, it makes the City Connect stand out as more unique, while still keeping sand in the set to a degree. 

Making the home uniform off-white was a great move. I also appreciate the heavier emphasis on sedona red, as the previous set was too black-heavy (adding sedona red caps to the road jersey was a huge upgrade). I think the full "Diamondbacks" looks a little too condensed for my liking, but it's honestly not as bad as I would've expected. 

I’m honestly halfway convinced the team saw my concept for them & ran with it, but I’m not complaining:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

How did you feel about the original D-Backs uniforms? Those were off-white too, but purple and turquoise wasn't exactly a traditional color scheme. 

mlb_g_johnson1_1296x729.jpg

That uniform is beautiful, the A is one of the best in all of sports and I dig how the teal and the black is bordered by the copper, as oxidization of copper produces teal and black compounds. And the off white worked too.

• Like 3

I'm glad they leaned into the turquoise look, and I like almost this entire set with the exception of the off-white home jersey. The black piping gives the whole thing a generic teamwear feel, and it's the one set in which the turquoise feels forced. The contrast of bright turquoise outlining the logo next to off-white is unpleasant. 

• Like 1