MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, Ark said:

I wish the A's would go all-in on the White Elephant identity. The franchise is kind of a white elephant again right now

The A’s are gifting their franchise at a company Christmas party. I can’t wait until it’s Portland’s turn and they steal the franchise from Vegas.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The A’s are gifting their franchise at a company Christmas party. I can’t wait until it’s Portland’s turn and they steal the franchise from Vegas.

Portland will never get another pro sports team. They make Oakland look safe. 

• Huh? 3
  • Facepalm 2
  • Eyeroll 3

Anubis.png

4 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Cherry blossoms and un-clippable wings. Coming soon.

I like this, and I hope we see more of it. Obviously, not all the designs are great, and not all matchups would work, but it would be cool to see some intracity/intastate rivalries bust out their City Connects against one another once or twice a year. A few possibilities:

Lone Star Series:

81471549-C59-C-44-C0-8497-DB6-E593-EFB29

Crosstown Classic (Cubs would probably have to pair their jerseys with their home pants for contrast):

ECBB29-EB-2-C9-B-4-BCB-96-B0-4-BE1-BFC43

Citrus Series:

A8-A322-DB-17-A1-47-E6-B7-F2-60-DF25-FA0

Vedder Cup:

1-A1-A0-C7-E-3202-4559-A90-F-C97-B17-BC8

Freeway Series:
B9651043-6-A19-488-B-90-C3-556-D4633-C74

The Dodgers vs. Giants would also work, although that would be a matchup of two of the worst designs in the whole program. That being said, I'm really curious to see what L.A. does for their new design in June. 

• Like 9

Cherry blossoms and un-clippable wings. Coming soon.

Interesting.  This makes sense with the relationship between the cities.

Then why the heck are the Rays wearing theirs against the Cardinals'?  There's no relationship there that I know.

3 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I wish Washington's city connect has something other than WSH on the front because I really like the rest. I actually think I like it better than any other uniform in their current set. 

On the plus side, WSH will possibly be gone next year when they likely unveil a new one.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not sure if it was discussed after we found out the cherry blossom CC was on its last breath this season, but is there any guy feeling they could re-color the jersey instead? I could see the Nats sticking with the cherry blossom theme, but maybe try a cream or off-white base & gray script for their 2025 version.

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

46 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Not sure if it was discussed after we found out the cherry blossom CC was on its last breath this season, but is there any guy feeling they could re-color the jersey instead? I could see the Nats sticking with the cherry blossom theme, but maybe try a cream or off-white base & gray script for their 2025 version.

Faux marble would be sick too. I don't think the DC Defenders even described their helmet finish as that (I think it's supposed to be a. camo pattern), but it's what my brain sees it as and it looks nice. 

1477327548.0.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/2/2024 at 1:29 PM, coco1997 said:

Tigers City Connect socks leak:

Detroit Tigers City Connect Socks Appear Online (uni-watch.com)

spacer.png

Looks like it'll be a very dark navy and royal blue with "Motor City" across the front. 

Could that royal blue actually be Honolulu Blue for the neighboring Lions next door? Even if that’s the case, we still need red for the Wings and Pistons. 

NYCdog.png

On 4/29/2024 at 6:07 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Teal hats have been spotted

GMW5a6zW0AELNOk?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like I’ll be buying my first Rays hat. This may be the the best City Connect hat in the entire series, even if it’s not an on field product. 

• Like 2
NYCdog.png

Since the uniform is referencing the cherry blossoms, they need to embrace pink more. Although I'd like to see them do something other than "WSH," even taking the current jersey and giving it a pink base would be an immediate upgrade.

• Like 3