2024 NFL Changes

1 minute ago, CreamSoda said:

how did Denver see this:

and decide to go with this instead?!

just an all time head scratcher.  Such a miss on so many levels. 

Even if they wanted to save the throwback for special occasions, they could've swapped navy for the royal blue. I think that would've helped bring some life into this set.

• Like 5

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Denver not being able to wear the blue jersey without the white helmet is really holding the set back.

So here's my question about alternate uniforms now....

It's been made clear that an alt helmet can only be worn with an alt jersey.... What I'm wondering though is can a team opt to wear their primary helmet with an alt jersey? For example, could Denver choose to wear their primary navy helmet with their navy alt jerseys? Or is that a complete no-go under the alt helmet rules?

2 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

how did Denver see this:

Simple- because it’s a throwback for a reason

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

1 minute ago, Gobbi said:

It's been made clear that an alt helmet can only be worn with an alt jersey.... What I'm wondering though is can a team opt to wear their primary helmet with an alt jersey? For example, could Denver choose to wear their primary navy helmet with their navy alt jerseys? Or is that a complete no-go under the alt helmet rules?

I’m sure they could request a waiver. It’s just a weird situation. Why couldn’t they wear the navy jersey with the navy helmet? As long as they don’t wear the white helmet with either of the other two jerseys, it should be okay.

• Like 1

Dov Kleiman is an aggregator, not a source, and potentially not a person. Take it with a salt lick.

• Like 5
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

8 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

I think teams can do that. The Texans did that in 2022 with the CR jerseys. The red helmet was only worn with the red jersey that year. While they did wear the red helmet with the CR uniform, that may have just been a style choice or a test run for a combo with the new set.

The Ravens may answer that question for us if they are getting a new helmet. The new helmet is supposed to be purple shell, gold facemask. That could work with CR, but the black jersey should stick with the black helmet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

how did Denver see this:

The 1968-1996 throwbacks are special occasion. They did say that the academy blue and orange is their third helmet and 4th jerseys.

They are not bad until you look at the side of the pants. That's when you just want to cry and tear the pants up.

• Huh? 1

I said earlier that the pants and helmet would make or break the Broncos look. Well, they didn't help. Nothing about this new look really improves on what it's replacing, it's just new and somewhat different. Take out the 5280s and the Broncos wordmark, and you're looking at the new University of Virginia uniform from Nike's "eh, whatever" level of design.

Also, boy do those mountain features on the sleeves get uncomfortably close to looking like lightning bolts.

The throwback is acceptable. Not the greatest of uniforms or logos, but it brings Bronco fans back to the days of a guy wearing a barrel and the team getting its teeth kicked in at the Super Bowl every few years, so they'll dig it. Five years from now they'll replace them with throwbacks from when the franchise actually won Super Bowls, and we'll spin around again.

• Like 5
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.