2024 NFL Changes

26 minutes ago, BBTV said:

You're referencing a design that came out 5ish years ago, when the more recent non-throwbackish designs are the Texans and Broncos, which very few would consider "minimalistic".

Everything goes in cycles, and I think contemporary sports design is past "minimalism", but unfortunately, it may have overcorrected. 

For the "minimalistic" argument I would point to the Cardinals

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Denver's helmet & numbers are an upgrade, as is the uniform overall, but in totality, it stinks.

The sleeves, collar, and pant stripes are bad.

Throwbacks are the answer.

I don't like the helmet finish. I could hardly tell if there was a stripe. The 5280 on the front bumper is ginormous. Was it announced that the logo was smaller on the helmet - it looked that way.

The uniform badly needs some orange on it.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

44 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

They look nothing like the Jaguars. They have actual stripes that are visible on TV.

I also kinda thought they did.

To clarify -  neither team has enough of their secondary color sufficiently visible to identify them at a glance (like when flipping channels or watching on Red Zone).

It's where I sit.

In a brandless vacuum, the Broncos new unis are inoffensive, I guess. But nothing about them reads as the Broncos, and I even wonder if the number font they just replaced would've helped some.

• Like 16
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, schlim said:

In a brandless vacuum, the Broncos new unis are inoffensive, I guess. But nothing about them reads as the Broncos, and I even wonder if the number font they just replaced would've helped some.

Not only does nothing besides the helmet seem "bronco-ish", but it seems Charger-ish.

A uniform doesn't have to be "Mascot-ish" or "City-ish" at all, but when they're clearly trying to do that, they should do better.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

These will be replaced in 5 years.  Guaranteed.

Helmet & numbers are fine, though the front bumper is absurd.  They just don't look like the Broncos.

I feel like if the Broncos ran a longer orange stripe from the bottom of the pant to the center, and left a white notch in the center, it would better convey the replication of style with the jersey while both looking more complete and being more colorful. 

It's just so awkward as a little orange stripe on the hip -- again, the first thing I thought of when I saw these is it looks like they are flag football players. Drives me nuts. 

Overall, I am just so disinterested in uniforms right now. Everything is so predictably bland, white from head-to-toe, players wearing ridiculously dumb undershirts. The uniform to me kind of feels like something of the past. The NFL to me just feels like....helmets. Like the helmet is the only core piece of the uni, everything else is just washed out garbage. 

• Like 2

"They don't look like the Broncos" huh? Look, I know these aren't the best uniforms (I find them average) but in 1997 everyone probably said the same thing especially when you consider the insane leap they made. I find that they look enough like the Broncos here but fresh and new which is something I wanted, I didn't care for the last look at the end so I'm just happy to see something new for them.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 3

bSLCtu2.png

I'll say this much for the Broncos' now-current roadies: at least they have more visible orange. That in itself is a win considering the previous road set barely had any.

The number font may grow over time...I'd have rather they kept what they had (that and the NOB font), but I don't hate the now-current stuff. The rest of this just looks like it was designed too much as an NFL "city" uniform. (And as a side note, can teams seriously quit with the unnecessary uniform/color nicknames? That's straight from dointoomuch.com.) From a wide angle shot, I suppose the Broncos' uniforms ain't terrible—they're still better than the Snatit, Falcons and Commies—but somehow, as I said before, they/Nike managed to somehow cook up the most unnecessarily overdesigned and underdesigned uniform at the same time

Or, as the kids say these days: the Broncos' unis are about as mid as mid can get.

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

After seeing them on field. I don’t mind them. I would have preferred they used orange or blue pants, but it isn’t bad. Give them an actually helmet stripe and it would be significantly better.

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The NFL to me just feels like....helmets. Like the helmet is the only core piece of the uni, everything else is just washed out garbage. 

I would have agreed with this statement a couple years ago, but even some helmets are washed out garbage these days:

566980f569c5c2d8700608331073332a

GPY5zmfXEAA-c-e?format=jpg&name=large

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

• Like 7

This is going to be a great mix with the black uniform. I feel like they will look too much like the browns if they were it with the white. Unfortunately I think we all know that they are going to use this with the orange uniform. Which means they now have an all black look, and all white look, and an all orange look...

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1