Rockets to unveil new alternate uniforms/logo.....

NYCdog

Teams generally put their team name on the alternate jersey and not the location, but just in case, you get to see both.

There are plenty of teams that put the location on the alternate if the home and road only have team name. See: Heat, Clippers, Bulls, Hawks, Celtics.

You're right, but there are six teams (GSW, LAL, MT, NOH, P76, and TR) that use the team name on all three uniforms.

Save the slugalo.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expanding on what Tazz031 started, and barring any Black-alt bans by the NBA, I came up with this:

HoustonRockets_PropAlt.jpg

I added White dropshadows around the numbers and letters, and used Silver (actually in this case, Gray) inside of those loop-things on the shoulders and shorts.

It still might be too hard to read; I don't know.

Teams generally put their team name on the alternate jersey and not the location, but just in case, you get to see both.

There are plenty of teams that put the location on the alternate if the home and road only have team name. See: Heat, Clippers, Bulls, Hawks, Celtics.

You're right, but there are six teams (GSW, LAL, MT, NOH, P76, and TR) that use the team name on all three uniforms.

Not to mention the Knicks, who use "NEW YORK" on all of theirs.

Sorry to say (Not Really) I dont think the Houston Rockets are getting an alternate uniform, at least this season. I think you would have hear a little more about it other than just this forum. Maybe like a local Houston Newspaper. That surprise at they were talking about was probably something else.

Sorry to say (Not Really) I dont think the Houston Rockets are getting an alternate uniform, at least this season. I think you would have hear a little more about it other than just this forum. Maybe like a local Houston Newspaper. That surprise at they were talking about was probably something else.

It's surprising how stupid it was to trade away Rudy Gay for Shane freaking Battier.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

nyk, you may want to look at post #1 on page #1. That looks to be an official Houston Rockets email or posting on their webpage, looks pretty official to me, something will get done eventually.

nyk, you may want to look at post #1 on page #1. That looks to be an official Houston Rockets email or posting on their webpage, looks pretty official to me, something will get done eventually.

You could also e-mail the merchandising dept./pro shop and see what's up. I did the same back in '03 before the Patriots unveiled their silver alts. Although it was fairly common knowledge that they would unveil silver alts, the fine people at the Pats Pro Shop also gave me the heads up as to when exactly they'd be unveiled.

So my suggestion would be to e-mail the Rockets merchandising dept. or proshop -worth a shot right?

Archived