2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for a longer post. This is the worst jersey design put out so far in the 'Edge era'. My previous candidates were the Preds, the Islanders and the Panthers. But even though they ended up on the fugly side of decent, these Tampa ones are worse. They reduced one of the simplest designs in the leauge, removing the shoulder and hem designs and settled for blue patterns on the arms with white wrist stripes. The new logo is basically a more 'futuristic' version of probably the worst logo in the league except for the slug, sadly this redesign did nothing to make the logo more interesting, they seem to think a new font and bolder lines would do the trick. Add to that they put huge versions of the secondary on the shoulders, basically the same as the crest only missing the 'cool' new wordmark. Argh. They really couldn't come up with anything more inspiring? After two years? Heads need to roll.

Florida at least went in a new direction and merged the old with the new. The piping sucks but hey, they tried. The Preds tried to retain part of their previous unique design elements (arm patterns) but it ended up looking like a t-shirt put on a white jersey, but they didn't go the Lightning way and dumb down their jerseys to practice outfit level. Even the Pylon'd Isles set is creative compared to this. Ottawa uses a similar template but they have vertical elements down the sides of the jersey and different colors on the jersyes and pants which makes horizontal stripes unecessary. A black jersey with black pants with nothing to separate them will look odd. Kind of like a one-piece baby outfit.

I don't like ugly logos but i dislike lack of vision and imagination combined with a TWO YEAR design process resulting in this even more.

I would say I imagine they gotta be hot in those being outdoors in tampa bay, but im sure its wicking away the sweat, lmao

Its not that hot, its only 91* outside.

* - feels like 105 with 63% humidity (courtesy of The Weather Channel)

I saw, I came, I left.

img42321cp9.jpg

p1000554mi1.jpg

I can definitly vouch that the 2 in the lower pic are media personalities from our news stations (Blonde is from Fox 13 WTVT and the guy in #28 is from ABC 28), The top pic is a bit hard to figure out, but I assume they are from Bay News 9 and WTSP CB -10.

From the Flames teaser video:

FlamesScreenCap.jpg

Quad City:

capnFLA2.jpg

Flames mockup based on the QC jerseys:

capnFLA1.jpg

The QC Flames site just started promoting an event where season ticket holders can buy replica jerseys on Sept. 10 -- and says

The picture of the jerseys they use have photoshopped out all stripes to make them blank red and white jerseys, unlike the leak above (from the announcement of the team name, correct?).

So, the logical conclusion is that their jerseys are identical to Calgary's otherwise they'd have no reason not to show the jerseys they already revealed to the public. That's been the theory from Day 1, but it seems their packpedal all but confirms it.

The pic is part of some rotating graphic that can't be posted here, but it's nothing special to see:

http://www.qcflames.com/

why doesn't almost anyone realize that there are several different elements to the hockey uniform. What do the socks look like? Do the pants still have the lightning bolt down the side?

Fixed that for ya.

Yep, gotta see the whole uniform before they get the official thumbs up. The Caps and Sens looked solid to me too, before I saw how bad their socks were. But what we've seen so far from the Bolts is pretty decent. The increased use of blue was sorely needed, and the bland clip-art logo admittedly looks better on the jersey. But I think the pants and socks are going to make or break this set.

"Inferior college hockey team?" I haven't a clue who you're talking about, sir, as I'm not a fan of St. Cloud State. :grin:

QFT!

And that's all I've got.... Hey, if the Sens and Leafs fans can do it, why can't the Gophs get it the mix?

What's so bad about hem stripes, many of the new looks have eliminated them.

The Lightning haven't gotten rid of my biggest pet peeve ... stripes so low on the sleeve, they simply disappear into the glove. Why even bother. The original Caps sweaters had the same problem.

marson1.jpg

and

TampaBay_71973754-300.jpg

You can't even tell the Lightning shirts have a blue stripe and the end of the sleeve and the Caps have a blue & white.

I don't understand the hate for the new logos, they're better than the old ones, and the one with Florida in it is better than any they've used IMO.

The jerseys, however, are a downgrade. Very boring and still mainly black. Blue with stripes would've made this look, but unfortunately teams seem to be getting rid of stripes rather than using them.

They replaced one boring font on the logo with another, and then made the bolt even more ungainly in perspective with the weird darkblue trim. In other words, they totally took the worst aspects of the original logo and made it even more garish.

And the old one looked like a clip art bolt on a silver circle with some text forced onto it. So, in reality, they both suck. But at least the latest one doesnt seem as busy and not quite as...tacky.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

why is it that most negative comments about the ottawa designs are about it being plain and boring, yet designs like the red wings are looked at in a much more favorable light?? What isn't plain and boring about those jerseys?? They are just red with a white stripe on the sleeve and at the waist for home, opposite colours for the road.WOW!!OH MY GOD!!! WHAT BRILLIANCE!!!

Archived