2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may sound mean, but I'm more then sure a certain New Jersey goalie is probably laughing his ass off at Avery's misfortune.

That, and it's not like he's done anything in this round. Might as well go ahead and throw in the towel because the Penguins are that much better.

This may sound mean, but I'm more then sure a certain New Jersey goalie is probably laughing his ass off at Avery's misfortune.
I disagree, I doubt Brodeur is happy, or even laughing at this injury. Sure he doesn't like him, but I'm sure he doesn't hate him to a point that he's glad Avery has a ruptured spleen.

Both goalies looking amazing tonight in Phila.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That 37-second span in the 3rd period sucked <_<

One more win....one more win....

With that in mind, I made a correct desicion by turning off my TV when the 3rd began. Good luck against Pittsburgh guys, you deserve it.

Good to hear Avery's okay. Still in ICU, but apparently fine.

The possibility of a Pittsburgh-Philly Conference Final is so awesome. So incredibly awesome.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Why are folks tossing in their fan towels when their team gets to three losses in the series?

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

I'm not tossing in a towel, I'll still watch the next game and cheer for them. It's just that, realistically, they are huge underdogs so there's no reason to scream and shout, WE'RE GOING TO WIN 3 STRAIGHT BABY, FLYERS ARE GOING DOWN!!!!! I hope the Habs win, but there's no reason to be surprised if they lose.

Why are folks tossing in their fan towels when their team gets to three losses in the series?

I'm not tossing in a towel, I'll still watch the next game and cheer for them. It's just that, realistically, they are huge underdogs so there's no reason to scream and shout, WE'RE GOING TO WIN 3 STRAIGHT BABY, FLYERS ARE GOING DOWN!!!!! I hope the Habs win, but there's no reason to be surprised if they lose.

At least you're exceptionally more reasonable than most Habs fans I've seen. I'm not confident that the series is over, especially with back to back games coming up. If the Flyers don't close it out Saturday I'll be worried because they could take the momentum, jump right into game 6 less than 24 hours later and then suddenly it's 3-3.

At least you're exceptionally more reasonable than most Habs fans I've seen. I'm not confident that the series is over, especially with back to back games coming up. If the Flyers don't close it out Saturday I'll be worried because they could take the momentum, jump right into game 6 less than 24 hours later and then suddenly it's 3-3.

Why thank you Capn. With the riots that happened after the first round, I wasn't expecting any positive comments about me or any other Habs fans...ever. And don't forget the 6th player will be there in our next game...the 21 000+ loud ass Habs fans.

Was this a joke?

And I find it odd how so many fans are declaring the series over as well. You never know what can happen.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Was this a joke?

And I find it odd how so many fans are declaring the series over as well. You never know what can happen.

well considering the habs haven't been out of the 2nd round since 1993. yeah the series is pretty much over considering the flyers are the far superior team.

which is sad because i've been pulling for the habs since the playoffs started. but i suppose its on to the flyers when the habs are eliminated in game 5.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Well, that game was more or less two things I really feared. A crappy game by the pens combined with a good performance by the Rangers. If it werent for Fleury, it wouldve been worse.

However, theyre coming back home sunday (and I'll be there). Hopefully they'll close the series then.

oBIgzrL.png

7-1 Detroit still not finished w/ the 2nd period, OMG!

Taking lessons from the Nuggets I see.

Damn those refs!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived