Players in the "wrong" uniforms

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

And I have no idea what you are going for with Rooney.  Even an Everton fan cannot claim that the United shirt is the "wrong uniform" for him, as he is entering his 13th season there.

I'm pretty sure it's Juan Mata... (Though I could be wrong there)

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Crabcake47 said:

I'm pretty sure it's Juan Mata... (Though I could be wrong there)

Oh, right you are!  Thanks for the correction. I guess I was fooled by the captain's armband.  I didn't know that Mata had ever skippered the team.

Anyway, Mourinho's moves yesterday sure proved that the United uniform is the wrong uniform for Mata!

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 8/2/2016 at 0:20 PM, UncleJunior said:

Would have been nice...but those hideous Sixers uni's :wacko: :rolleyes:

YbPmGdR.jpg

If the Utah Jazz score three more points in their 1983-84 season finale against the Clippers, that could have been a reality:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/1984-nba-draft-rockets-sixers-hakeem-olajuwon-michael-jordan-charles-barkley-pat-williams/19sfisl6mefzq1xk8aov4t7yf9

@MCM0313: Bob Sanders, better known for his years with the Colts. I thought it was Antonio Cromartie (until a quick Google search determined it wasn't Cromartie), but an argument over whether has a "right" uniform can exist in his case, as well.

• Like 2

UBwef0L.png

8 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

@MCM0313: Antonio Cromartie.

Does he have a "right team" I know he had two stints with the jets, one with the cardinals, and he could have possibly spent more time with the Chargers than he did the jets, I really don't know

image.jpeg

Edited by dont care
This one could be a wrong uniform (old jersey, wrong number)

^ Yep. His rookie season (2006) was the only season he wore the 1990s-style Chargers jersey pictured. It was also the only year he wore #25, as he switched to #31 the following year (coinciding with the logo/color/uniform change).

UBwef0L.png

Is Texas any star players right uniform? Lots of guys have passed through, or finished up there, but nobody seems like a Ranger. 

Even Nolan Ryan only finished up there, and had pretty much all of his great accomplishments elsewhere. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

federko_june.jpg

He may be the face of the St. Louis Blues, but this is Bernie Federko wearing the Detroit Red Wings uniform in 1989-90.

Fun Fact #1: He played exactly 1,000 regular season games in his career.
Fun Fact #2: He was also a part of the last (as of 2016) Detroit Red Wings team to miss the playoffs.

UBwef0L.png

Those Kings were perfect. Timeless. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 hours ago, dont care said:

So wouldn't the 49ers uni be his wrong uniform

Dont care,

Prior to his short NFL stint and playing with the Titans, Hayne had played 176 games in the NRL with the Parramatta Eels between 2006-2014, so both the 49ers and Titans uniforms could be considered the "wrong" uniform.

0535365f7fa702500d08d38e611fc0e4.jpeg

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is Texas any star players right uniform? Lots of guys have passed through, or finished up there, but nobody seems like a Ranger. 

Even Nolan Ryan only finished up there, and had pretty much all of his great accomplishments elsewhere. 

Josh Hamilton 

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Adrian Beltre. Pudge Rodriguez?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

15 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

CpXacvyVUAANdfL.jpg

He doesn't look bad in it (though, few would, that is a great looking sweater). But, yeah, so close to the trade and having been a Predator for over a decade, it just feels wrong.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Michael Young

XM4KeeA.png

15 hours ago, johnnysama said:

federko_june.jpg

He may be the face of the St. Louis Blues, but this is Bernie Federko wearing the Detroit Red Wings uniform in 1989-90.

Fun Fact #1: He played exactly 1,000 regular season games in his career.
Fun Fact #2: He was also a part of the last (as of 2016) Detroit Red Wings team to miss the playoffs.

That's a double, because he's being checked by Larry Robinson on the Kings.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

15 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Hmm.  As a Ranger Nolan Ryan had two no-hitters -- at ages 43 and 44! -- and notched his 300th win and his 5000th strikeout.  It was as a Ranger that Ryan became a truly larger-than-life national phenomenon, known to people beyond baseball fans.  And then there was the fight with Robin Ventura!  (An interesting reconsidering of which is found here.)  

Despite Ryan's long career before he went to Texas, and despite the fact that the Rangers are the only team of his with whom he did not reach the post-season, I would say that he is best known as a Texas Ranger.  Of course, this does not make any of his other uniforms "the wrong uniform", as Ryan, like Rusty Staub, is a guy who made a mark with all his teams.  But if the question is "does anyone seem like a Ranger?", then the answer is "Nolan Ryan".

Other players who make you think "Rangers" first and foremost are Rafael Palmeiro, Jeff Burroughs, and Jim Sundberg.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png