Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Right player, right team, wrong uniform example #35752425:

4856-253Fr.jpg

Let's be honest, you don't associate Tim Kerr with those Broad Street Bullies era uniforms (his first two seasons, last two seasons of that uni):

This was before they changed their uniform to the white numbered version he's most well remembered when he had those 4 straight 50-goal seasons

34 minutes ago, bwburke94 said:

He is associated with the post-rename team, so I guess this falls under "right team, wrong uniform" for now. If the Rays become an afterthought in his career, it will be a more traditional example.

I know he just led the Cubs to their first championship in over a century, but his time in Tampa will never be an afterthought as long as he is the only manager to take the Rays to a World Series appearance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Right baseball team, wrong baseball uniform

Joe Carter... : News Photo

Joe Carter's last season with the Blue Jays was their first year after they ditched their classic unis

And when you think of Joe Carter, you don't associate him with THAT uniform

I don't think anyone is associated with that being their "right" uniform

21 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I know he just led the Cubs to their first championship in over a century, but his time in Tampa will never be an afterthought as long as he is the only manager to take the Rays to a World Series appearance.

His Tampa days are certainly an afterthought.  Nationally, nobody thinks about Tampa - ever.  There's a lot of people who have only seen him with the Cubs, that his brief run there has already been more memorable than his run with the Rays, despite how much they overachieved there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."