Players in the "wrong" uniforms

And when he played for the Cardinals, they were in the old NL East. So technically speaking, you can add this to your NL East list for him...

$T2eC16R,!zcE9s4g3JJwBQbzklhCE!~~60_35.J

I'd probably like the Cardinals uniforms a lot more now if this wasn't the first image (though in blue or white) that pops in to my head when I think of them. I wish teams like them and the Red Sox had kept their (now current) looks since their inceptions, instead of going with pullovers, sansabelts, and obnoxious stripes for a while.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does Olli Jokinen have a wrong uniform? If he just got traded to St. Louis, he's now been on three teams this year. His longest tenures are with Florida and Calgary. I'm not even sure what to think:

cropped_jokinen.jpg?ts=1402068609

439435115ef64f25378ff34b9c67c-orig.jpg

483642165-olli-jokinen-of-the-winnipeg-j

Olli_Jokinen_Trade.jpg

10817885.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I would like to follow the approach taken by some posters, namely right team wrong uniform. And there is no better source of such pictures than the All-Star Weekend Shooting Stars contest when it comes to NBA. At the beginning I wanted to complain about the legends wearing former uniforms but while searching for the pictures from the early editions I realized that the things were wild from the very beginning.

In the first edition (2004) Magic, Kerr, Cummings and Salley wore uniforms that would have throwbacks while they played in the NBA (I would call them double throwbacks from this step on).

2004.jpg2004_Magic.jpg

In 2005 Majerle, Dantley and English wore double throwbacks while Magic appeared in a current Lakers uniform.

2005.jpg

In 2006 Kerr, Drexler and Majerle wore correct uniforms (by which I mean from the time period they actually played) but Magic stayed as the odd man out with the current jersey.

2006.jpg

In 2007 all legends wore current uniforms, which makes it correct for Pippen only and wrong for Cooper, Gervin and Laimbeer

73357715.jpg

2007.jpg

Some throwbacks returned in 2008, which was a correct choice for Eddie Johnson. B.J. Armstrong, however, left the Bulls before they introduced pinstripes. The Admiral was fine, Laimbeer again wearing modern uniform.

2008.jpg

From 2009 only current uniforms were in use, which means wrong uniforms for Cooper and Laimbeer again. Majerle has worn it only for his last season.

2009.jpg

2010: Brent Barry, Kenny Smith, Steve Smith, Chris Webber

barry.jpgkenny.jpgsteve_smith.jpgwebber.jpg

2011: The Smiths again (Kerr and Fox are fine)

2011.jpg

2012: The Smiths and Dennis Scott (Houston is fine)

2012.jpg

In 2013 and 2014 there were no jerseys, just shooting shirts, which brings us to 2015: Nique, Penny, D. Curry (he stayed in a shooting shirt during the contest) and Pippen (fine).

2015.jpg

f178e0c59e47566f3a3c15ce4d289258_crop_no

Marsh and Tebow exchanging jerseys again, I see.

When did the jets have a 5 that looked like that with the line coming down from the top right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From 2009 only current uniforms were in use, which means wrong uniforms for Cooper, Laimbeer and Majerle.

2009.jpg

Actually, Majerle did wear that jersey during his last season. Though it's still not what he wore for the majority of his career.

danbio2.png