Players in the "wrong" uniforms

mr_t-yearbook-high-school-young-1970-foo

Lawrence Tureaud, Dunbar High School

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

ap97011002447.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...

59015e39aab18d5b3aaa4b72e685290a.jpg

Argentine international Osvaldo Ardiles was contracted to Tottenham Hotspur when the Falklands War between England and Argentina started in 1982.

He spent some of the 1982-83 season with French side Paris Saint-Germain, playing 14 games before returning to Spurs after the political situation between the two countries had settled down.

• Like 1

56634412-marian-hossa-of-the-atlanta-thr

Marian Hossa- Atlanta Thrashers (2005-06 was also the last year of THAT specific Thrashers uni. His other full season, they made the blue uni the primary home

Hossa's spent so much of his career as a "hired gun" since he left Ottawa, I'd be hard-pressed to name which uniform for him is "right?" Ottawa? Atlanta? Pitts? Detroit? Hawks?

Hossa's spent so much of his career as a "hired gun" since he left Ottawa, I'd be hard-pressed to name which uniform for him is "right?" Ottawa? Atlanta? Pitts? Detroit? Hawks?

While true for a few seasons, that's not really the case. Hossa's in his seventh season with Chicago and has won three Cups with them. He's a Blackhawk.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

56634412-marian-hossa-of-the-atlanta-thr

Marian Hossa- Atlanta Thrashers (2005-06 was also the last year of THAT specific Thrashers uni. His other full season, they made the blue uni the primary home

Senators and Blackhawks.

3023449_display_image.jpg?1296585932

I give you.... Roberto Alomar, as a Diamondback in 2004.

I've said it before, but I love this uniform.

OFF TOPIC: I just realized this, but these uniforms were the baseball equivalent of the 1996-2000s Utah Jazz. Almost the exact same colors, in almost the exact same order of emphasis (purple, black, teal, copper for D-backs; purple, black, copper, teal for Jazz). It's a good "desert"-style color scheme, I'll admit.

3023449_display_image.jpg?1296585932

I give you.... Roberto Alomar, as a Diamondback in 2004.

I've said it before, but I love this uniform.

Agreed. Better than the current ones (of course, that's not saying much, but still :P)

spacer.png

there is no question what the right uniform for Hossa is... it's not even a matter of his right team, because his right "uniform" is worn by 2 different teams.

dude won 3 cups with the chicago blackhawks and a memorial cup with the portland winterhawks.

Hossa+with+cups.jpg

• Like 3

857ba2cce53865950e8e6e178bb355da.jpg

Speaking of Jaws..... here he is as a Dolphin.

Here's Jaws in the wrong uniform (his first team) and the wrong number (just like above as a Dolphin).

ron_jaworski_1976_10_17.jpg

857ba2cce53865950e8e6e178bb355da.jpg

Speaking of Jaws..... here he is as a Dolphin.

Here's Jaws in the wrong uniform (his first team) and the wrong number (just like above as a Dolphin).

ron_jaworski_1976_10_17.jpg

You know, looking at this beautiful uniform, I'm thinking you could post a picture of the current Rams team photo and make an argument that the team is in the "wrong uniform" (meaning they should switch back to these classics full time).