NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

groupthird_100808_top.jpg

they seem excited

The jersey itself isn't too terrible. Like I said before, I really dig how the contour of the sleeve striping matches the shoulder logo. And despite the disproportionally small wordmark and large front numbers, the front of the jersey still looks decent, for an Edge-era shirt. The socks, however, still suck. And, as others have said, there's something to be said for consistency, or in this case, Atlanta's abundant lack there of. For cripe's sake, Thrashers, just pick something.

Also: 4 alternate captains? Maybe Anderson's holding out on the C until he can sign Steve Maltais. :D

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And, as others have said, there's something to be said for consistency, or in this case, Atlanta's abundant lack there of. For cripe's sake, Thrashers, just pick something.

perhaps the thrashers are the new ottawa senators?

And, as others have said, there's something to be said for consistency, or in this case, Atlanta's abundant lack there of. For cripe's sake, Thrashers, just pick something.

perhaps the thrashers are the new ottawa senators?

...Is it just me or are the sock striping Vertical? Anyone have a picture of the full set?

they seem excited

The jersey itself isn't too terrible. Like I said before, I really dig how the contour of the sleeve striping matches the shoulder logo. And despite the disproportionally small wordmark and large front numbers, the front of the jersey still looks decent, for an Edge-era shirt. The socks, however, still suck. And, as others have said, there's something to be said for consistency, or in this case, Atlanta's abundant lack there of. For cripe's sake, Thrashers, just pick something.

Also: 4 alternate captains? Maybe Anderson's holding out on the C until he can sign Steve Maltais. :D

Actually there are 5 Alternate captains...

And the socks are absolutely ridiculous, I can't pull the picture of them but it's on the Thrashers 3rd gallery.

Here's roughly what the Thrashers alt should look like-

thrashersalt.png

It should look horrible? :P

they seem excited

...and the Thrashers are the only team who haven't put up a video of the ceremony. Probably so we don't hear the boos from the fans.

Fans? :rolleyes:

untitled-6.jpg

When viewed up close, the collar appears to have been taken from a jersey or a team with a completely different color scheme. (Think: Predators) I have never been a fan of the "Blueland" thing. I found it pretentious to treat it like a tradition considering how recently it was introduced, however it's now apparent that the Thrashers themselves don't consider it much of a big deal. It should be "Welcome to brickland" during games where this mess is on display. Two of you had valid comments as well. This jersey without a number will look idiotic indeed. And the ULTRA valid comment by HabsFan1 was almost right. I think he mis-typed the following phrase: "There is no video online so you can't hear the boo from the fan. "

BroncosSig.jpg

they seem excited

This jersey is close to being really good. Unfortunately it looks like two jerseys sewn together.

I like the sleeves. It reminds me a bit of a Red Wings / Flyers hybrid. Has the bottom parts like the Flyers pre-edge jerseys had. The white sleeves on the dark jersey reminds me a bit of the red sleeves on the Wings white jersey. That concept looks nice.

The main jersey looks fairly nice. Can't see the side panels much in that picture, but from the others, I like the color and design of it. The wordmark/number is not executed nearly as well as the Stars did it. Points off for that.

However the combination of the main jersey and sleeves just doesn't fit. I think maybe they needed to make the bottom of the sleeves navy to flow better with the rest of the uniform.

Maybe something more like:

Thrash1.jpg or Thrash2.jpg

Are the Thrashers and Falcons going to have an exhibition game soon? :rolleyes:

With the big white band on the sleeves, the maroon part of the body and shoulders really does look like a football jeresey. Like a maroon Baltimore Ravens almost...

Not a fan

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I dont mind the jersey, baby blue seems to be the "team colour" and I would love to see a concept of how it would look on the jersey. I dont know if it would improve the jersey though. One thing is for sure, the Thrashers never shy away when creating new jerseys...

beLEAF

The fronts still look cluttered with the "A" and "C" patches. And if they were to have a Stanley Cup Finals or any other patch, then it would even look more cluttered.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Thrashers AND SCF in the same breath AND sentence? Wow, just wow.

*Note: I will eat these words if Captain Canada's remarks come to fruition.

it looks like they have their jerseys on backwards...really weird looking. This "Number/Name on front" trend needs to end before it gets out of hand. but at least Dallas has a nice sweater to go with the name on front, this atlanta jersey is a complete mess.

Have these been posted yet?

kPZrzreDd4_thumb_lightningthird.png

wKZ50j5ZN8_thumb_flyersthird.png

TAMPA: Nice looking jerseys, but the BOLTS is just ridiculous. (Again, please stop the name on front, NHL) If they replaced that with the logo, they would be the best jerseys they've had to date.

PHILADELPHIA: Thats more like it! Great! (though the rounded bottom look weird)

Reebok's really pushing that Calgary-style "piping to nowhere" this year, aren't they?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived