2009 Frozen Four Logo

jkrdevil

I thnk it's nice. And at least nobody will be able to have home-ice advantage in DC.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like it. Speaking of this, who's the host school for next years Frozen Four? There's really no school nearby DC

Dont quote me on it, but I had heard Navy was the host institution. Is this correct?

How can they use photographic elements in a logo? How will that translate to any printed material, let alone the ice? Lame

2009_Frozen_Four.gif

Doesn't have any photographic elements. Not lame. :P

Looks like clip art. Lame.

Too much detail in the dome, especially in contrast with the simplicty of the font. Lose the flag, simplify the dome, and you have a winner.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

How can they use photographic elements in a logo? How will that translate to any printed material, let alone the ice? Lame

2009_Frozen_Four.gif

My mistake. Wow, someone knows how to use live trace. Congrats to them. Still looks a little too detailed, they could lose some of the columns on the dome.

2009_Frozen_Four.gif

Looks like clip art. Lame.

Too much detail in the dome, especially in contrast with the simplicty of the font. Lose the flag, simplify the dome, and you have a winner.

washington independent frozen four committee?

:-)~

I believe Tampa will be hosted by Alabama-Huntsville since they're the southernmost school with a D1 hockey program.

You are correct. For the past 2 years, Tampa has been strumming up interest in college hockey by hosting the Lightning College Hockey Classic. Teams such as Army, Air Force, Alabama-Huntsville, Notre Dame, Rensselaer Tech, Colorado College and UMass have all came down and played a tourney.

I believe Tampa will be hosted by Alabama-Huntsville since they're the southernmost school with a D1 hockey program.

You are correct. For the past 2 years, Tampa has been strumming up interest in college hockey by hosting the Lightning College Hockey Classic. Teams such as Army, Air Force, Alabama-Huntsville, Notre Dame, Rensselaer Tech, Colorado College and UMass have all came down and played a tourney.

About 10 years ago the Frozen Four was at the Pond in Anaheim - I believe one of the Alaska schools was the host. The thought back then was the PAC 10 schools that play hockey (which is more than you think) would use the Frozen Four as an impetus to move en masse to Division I. Never happened.

There's also an annual holiday tournament in Estero, Florida - usually Maine, Cornell and other northeast schools play in it.

Archived