2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

Preseason patches not reserved to just Europe.

Warriors and Bucks wearing some Chinese character patch, anyone know what it says/means?

It's some sort of variation of this thing:

NBAChinaGames_PRM_2008_SOL_SRGB.gif

Weird. I'm a bit surprised they went with the traditional Chinese characters on the patch, when China predominately uses the simplified representations for everyday stuff.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The home jersey is considerably better than the road.

Honestly those Thunder home jerseys are really sharp IMO. Don't match the team name, but otherwise their team colors work kind of interestingly.

Then again, I like the orange Bobcats jerseys too and was disappointed to hear the rumors of swapping them with the blue. Both are fairly unique.

new Latin Nights jerseys that hadn't been seen before:

newLatin.gif

I'm probably reading too much into this, but is there any significance to the number 46? or is it acknowledging the year the NBA began in 1946 (or was it '47, I forget)?

Why not this, Chicago?

2947480307_007388075c.jpg

Yeah, I don't get why they don't go all in. Adding "Los" to the beginning of everything just doesn't do it. Unless maybe, there could be trademark problems w/ putting the Los Toros on a jersey? I don't know. Maybe they're trying to reinforce name recognition?

If I wasn't a diehard Lakers fan, I totally be scooping up that Celtics jersey. The green and gold work so well together. As a hereditary Irishman... I LOVE the colors and the jersey... Hate the team... Love the Jersey...

And what does it say about the OKC jerseys that I think they look a lot worse in action than they do on paper?

I feel the same about the New Orleans roads. Stick to one color pinstripes not tri-color pinstripes and you've got a winner.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

all this negative talk about the Latin Nights jerseys reminds of a certain concept :P

[/shameless plug]

anyways, here are some jerseys we havent seen the full view of:

nola_bucs.gif

wash_zeph.gif

for some reason, i like that "belt" look of the Zephs jersey's waist, and damn that Bucs jersey and its many stripes.

The NBA's Latin Nights remind me of an idiot's attempt at Spanish, where everything is "El (English language noun)-o." Pathetic. Does anyone really believe that this somehow honors the Latino community, or encourages Latinos to partake in the NBA?

Next up: NBA Polish Nights, where every team simply has "-ski" tacked on to the end of its name, and drinks at the stadium will be served without ice, because they lost the recipe.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

all this negative talk about the Latin Nights jerseys reminds of a certain concept :P

[/shameless plug]

anyways, here are some jerseys we havent seen the full view of:

wash_zeph.gif

for some reason, i like that "belt" look of the Zephs jersey's waist, and damn that Bucs jersey and its many stripes.

And this one is for the wizards....

just in case anyone was wondering

Los is so stupid it's even insulting I wonder how they never got sued yet. However, it's true that in some spanish speaking countries they say "el" before the name of the teams like "el Madrid juega contra el Barcelona manana" (Madrid plays vs Barcelona tomorrow). A bolder step like Nueva York is excellent because the city is somehow a latin capital. Toros would look good too but they must fear people might not understand or get confused with Austin.

The home jersey is considerably better than the road.

It might be because a team called the THUNDER has a jersey that is SKY BLUE.

Also, I hate the "Los" thing in front of the name. Milwaukee (Cervezeros) and San Fran (Gigantes) got it right.

Why not this, Chicago?

2947480307_007388075c.jpg

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that the Bulls are called "Los Bulls" when on the radio in Spanish. I think that they just don't translate the proper noun into Spanish.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of this, I'm not, that's just why I think they do it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Los Mavs have never been worn, have they?

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Archived