2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree, that logo is beautifully done, but doesn't quite fit the city. I'm dying to get my hands on that vectorized so I can chane the colors to Lakers and Clippers colors. Anyone know if either of them was in the running for 2010? Maybe they just made a somewhat generic logo that could work for all teams but would be really fly with certain teams? That would be fun to figure out. Either way this is superb.

The logo would be perfect....if it were for an All Star Game in NY or LA. What's with the spotlights, Dallas isn't exactly "Big city, Bright lights" like Hollywood or Broadway. The logo doesn't match the host city. They should have gone the "Western" route...

And I also agree about the similarities to the Houston ASG 06' logo. I believe the Dallas logo is using the same font...

I think if they did that it would be too similear to the Phoenix All Star Logo. The Dallas logo seems pretty generic but I like the colours.

267-IMG00225.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

The logo would be perfect....if it were for an All Star Game in NY or LA. What's with the spotlights, Dallas isn't exactly "Big city, Bright lights" like Hollywood or Broadway. The logo doesn't match the host city. They should have gone the "Western" route...

And I also agree about the similarities to the Houston ASG 06' logo. I believe the Dallas logo is using the same font...

I have to say that I completely disagree with EVERYTHING you said here. Sorry, but I do.

The All-Star game is the big stage for all of the best basketball talent in the world. The spotlights are very appropriate for an event of this magnitude for the NBA. Its the NBA's equivelent of one of Hollywood's or Broadway's biggest event. Works for me.

Not to mention the fact that Dallas might not be New York or LA but its definitely more than big enough to sport a logo baring a star made of spot lights. I could understand your criticism if Indianapolis or Milwaukee did something like this. In that case I'd agree with you. But not with Dallas.

Also, regarding the whole "western" theme.....I'm getting pretty tired of cities like Dallas, Houston, and Oklahoma City being relegated to having to use the overdone and stereotypical "western" fonts, imagery, and names. These are modern cities that do indeed have old routes from the "old west" but they don't have to reference the "old west" with everything they do.

I think by now we all get it. The rich western history is there, but there's also a modern thriving big city with diverse cultures and prominent city skyline history as well. Its not all cowboys and cattle ranches anymore...in case anyone is mistaken.

I'm thrilled that they went away from the overly done, way too easy, "western themed" logo. I hope we see more logos like this one as opposed to beating the dead horse that is the "western theme".

I have to say that I completely disagree with EVERYTHING you said here. Sorry, but I do.

The All-Star game is the big stage for all of the best basketball talent in the world. The spotlights are very appropriate for an event of this magnitude for the NBA. Its the NBA's equivelent of one of Hollywood's or Broadway's biggest event. Works for me.

Not to mention the fact that Dallas might not be New York or LA but its definitely more than big enough to sport a logo baring a star made of spot lights. I could understand your criticism if Indianapolis or Milwaukee did something like this. In that case I'd agree with you. But not with Dallas.

Also, regarding the whole "western" theme.....I'm getting pretty tired of cities like Dallas, Houston, and Oklahoma City being relegated to having to use the overdone and stereotypical "western" fonts, imagery, and names. These are modern cities that do indeed have old routes from the "old west" but they don't have to reference the "old west" with everything they do.

I think by now we all get it. The rich western history is there, but there's also a modern thriving big city with diverse cultures and prominent city skyline history as well. Its not all cowboys and cattle ranches anymore...in case anyone is mistaken.

I'm thrilled that they went away from the overly done, way too easy, "western themed" logo. I hope we see more logos like this one as opposed to beating the dead horse that is the "western theme".

I agree with you. If this game was being played in Fort Worth - well, maybe a western theme would be OK. But Dallas - it's definitely a modern city...not as much of a western theme going on there anymore.

I went to school near there (North Texas) and lived there for a total of 12 years, and it certainly wasn't a "cow" town then, and it isn't now.

I like the usage of Blue and Green - the City of Dallas colors.

I agree with you. If this game was being played in Fort Worth - well, maybe a western theme would be OK. But Dallas - it's definitely a modern city...not as much of a western theme going on there anymore.

I went to school near there (North Texas) and lived there for a total of 12 years, and it certainly wasn't a "cow" town then, and it isn't now.

I like the usage of Blue and Green - the City of Dallas colors.

Actually the game's being played in Arlington.

I totally agree with you.

What's with the different colored NBA logo (flipped colors) in the background of this pic?

Wow - great catch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Im almost 100% happy with the new hornets uniforms... except for the aways. Here's what I'd do ( and I've read others mention this too). They look sooo much better with white wordmarks! Hopefully they change this next year.

hornetsaway.jpghornetsaway2.jpg

Reminds me of the Charlotte Hornets.

Im almost 100% happy with the new hornets uniforms... except for the aways. Here's what I'd do ( and I've read others mention this too). They look sooo much better with white wordmarks! Hopefully they change this next year.

hornetsaway.jpghornetsaway2.jpg

I disagree, I used to dislike the yellow, but now that I see that it gives it some life, it would be boring without it IMO.

Also, regarding the whole "western" theme.....I'm getting pretty tired of cities like Oklahoma City being relegated to having to use the overdone and stereotypical "western" fonts, imagery, and names. These are modern cities that do indeed have old routes from the "old west" but they don't have to reference the "old west" with everything they do.

Streaking guitar picks with basketballs and Berthold City truly demonstrate modernity.

I understand your frustration, but I feel like you need to have some sort of geographic nod if you're not an established team in a major city. A Miami team should look like it represents Miami, a Seattle team should look like it represents Seattle, and yes, a team from Oklahoma City should look, to the rest of the country, like it represents Oklahoma City. I've never been there and I don't want to be there, so I can't vouch for how modern and cosmopolitan Oklahoma City truly is, but for those of us who are far, far, away, we think of it as a dusty old Western town.

FWIW, Dallas transcends Western imagery, and Houston does too, even more so. Their only problem is slapping Texas on everything.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived