2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

On Opening Day 2005, the Red Sox wore these during the pre-game ring ceremony:

pMLB2-1940911dt.jpg

Then they changed into their regular jerseys for the actual game. I like the commemorative jerseys, but they seemed pretty pointless to me.

I wanna say the Patriots are the only NFL team who've actually worn a Champions patch to open the season following a Super Bowl win.

09raiders.jpgPatriotspatch_275.jpg

Does the city of Boston do this just to show off? -- Because nobody else does this.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Opening Day 2005, the Red Sox wore these during the pre-game ring ceremony:

pMLB2-1940911dt.jpg

Then they changed into their regular jerseys for the actual game. I like the commemorative jerseys, but they seemed pretty pointless to me.

I wanna say the Patriots are the only NFL team who've actually worn a Champions patch to open the season following a Super Bowl win.

09raiders.jpgPatriotspatch_275.jpg

Does the city of Boston do this just to show off? -- Because nobody else does this.

To make a little extra coin, I imagine. I think the Sox jerseys got auctioned off for charity or something, too.

It's pretty neat that it's become kind of a Boston thing, though... the gold trim, anyway.

IUe6Hvh.png

Actually, that does ring a bell now. I don't get why they didn't wear them but I'm sure they were auctioned off for charity, like everything else in this organization. (not really) But apparently the Red Sox ditched it for Opening Day '08 because IIRC those were just regular jerseys.

Typical. I think the critics of the Boston sports fan base are getting just as abrasive as the Boston fans themselves.

That wasn't a shot at you Curty.

Typical. I think the critics of the Boston sports fan base are getting just as abrasive as the Boston fans themselves.

That wasn't a shot at you Curty.

I honestly don't see how its "showing off". I mean they earned it right?

Why not commemorate the victory? Yeah it probably sells more jerseys, but if we are going down THAT road then we can attack plenty of other teams for putting things or making completely unnecessary adjustments to their jerseys in an attempt to sell more merchandise.

I think if it had been done by any other team then it would be accepted...but because the Pats, Sox, and Celts did it then people are finding fault with it.

I don't fault any team for doing it - I rather like it.

I fault the Red Sox for not having the guts to actually wear them in a game, though. Nothing burns me more than trying to be all things to all people.

Can't recall if the Cards pulled the "only in the pregame" stunt, but if they did then they were equally silly.

Initially when I saw OKC's colors I thought of Burger King, but their logo looks too much like Dairy Queen....

http://www.nbisonline.com/images/dq_logo_rgb.jpg

I have to admit that they did somehow avoid looking like the Warriors with their uniforms, even though they look just like the Knicks and 90's Pistons and they uniforms do not match the rest of their advertising.

267-IMG00225.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

The logo would be perfect....if it were for an All Star Game in NY or LA. What's with the spotlights, Dallas isn't exactly "Big city, Bright lights" like Hollywood or Broadway. The logo doesn't match the host city. They should have gone the "Western" route...

And I also agree about the similarities to the Houston ASG 06' logo. I believe the Dallas logo is using the same font...

NYCdog.png

Archived