New Edmonton Oilers secondary logo

undead

I liked this logo when it came out,

hockeystickoiler.png

but I feel it's time for an update. I used one of the oilers' current wordmarks and "borrowed" the gear in the background from their dark blue and silver logo. The oilers need to go back to blue and orange and ditch the unnecessary red. Here it is. Let me know what you guys think.

oilerswebcopy-2.png

And while I'm at it, here's a new tertiary logo.

elogobigwithwatermark.png

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

its good but doesn't scream "wow" to me

why the orange and blue? i think the oilers colors now are the best they've had. Good but not great.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

The third and the tertiary both look very good. The ripped guy pulling the wrench would definitely need a nickname. One issue I have is the lack of anything to indicate that its a logo for a hockey team. Now I am not saying that all good hockey logos need a stick or puck or something but I would like to see something hockey related in one of the two. Overall good work, I think its an improvement.

mets.png

If you're going to all this work to make a logo, you may want to get the anatomy correct at some point. Dude's got no triceps or elbows. That may be why he's straining so hard to turn that wrench.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm a comic-book artist, so I draw people for a living, man. Welcome to the boards. :)

Sigs are for sissies.

The orange skin on the dude is really throwing me off, especially with the orange background and the orange lettering. For contrast's sake, I think it would better if you replaced the orange there with white.

Also, the blue look a little too purpley in that logo. If you replaced it with the shade you used in the E-gear logo, I think that would look better.

I like what you've done, but maybe my comment is more about me thinking too much. I'll let you decide.

He's taking the wrench and wrenching the "E". We don't know why. Looks in place to me. The idea I have makes sense, but perhaps could make this too busy. Print your art and doodle with a pencil to see if it has merit.

maybe there could be some nuts on the letters. Opposite corners for simplicity, or one at top and bottom. He could be tightening the "E"'s bolt. The good news if you play with this idea is that you just have to add the bolts and reorient the wrench.

Just an idea. Don't like? No problem.

I like what you've done, but maybe my comment is more about me thinking too much. I'll let you decide.

He's taking the wrench and wrenching the "E". We don't know why. Looks in place to me. The idea I have makes sense, but perhaps could make this too busy. Print your art and doodle with a pencil to see if it has merit.

maybe there could be some nuts on the letters. Opposite corners for simplicity, or one at top and bottom. He could be tightening the "E"'s bolt. The good news if you play with this idea is that you just have to add the bolts and reorient the wrench.

Just an idea. Don't like? No problem.

that was my exact thought.

What is he doing to that "E"?

Maybe it'd be cool if the "E" that he is wrenching was the one that is the tertiary logo. Like he's trying to make the E stand out to stand for Edmonton or something?

Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I'm working on a version with the current oilers' colors. I'm also playing around with the "E" that he's wrenching on. Keep a look out for the update.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Archived