Lions uniform changes

Proc

Hopefully they work the new wordmark into the end zones, and trash the copperplate nonsense.

That might also involve changing a lot of, if not all of, the signage around the outside of Ford Field. Good luck with that one, Lions brass.

(For some reason, the Copperplate seems to work real well inside PNC Park, though.)

I don't think that the end zone has to match all the other signage. Lincoln Financial Field uses a lot of copperplate (quite well IMO), and the Eagles have their wordmark in the end zone, and IMO it looks fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to vectorize it best I could from that small picture, so we could see a clearer picture of it. Of course it is not exact, but you get the idea.

BubblesNew.png

I don't know about it yet. Up close, when you are looking at nothing but the logo, it looks good, but from far away, when it is on a helmet or something, I don't think it looks too good. From far away, the white lines clutter it, and seem randomly placed, but up close, you can tell what they are.

Let the concepts begin. I know just about everybody has done a Lions concept, or so it seems, but I imagine we will see a lot more in the coming week or two.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The Detroit News is all over this. The people who sent in a logo for the contest earlier this year was sent and email. The email had a picture of this new logo and said please give us your thoughts on this Lions logo. We may use your thoughts in an upcoming article.

So yeah, I'm just as surprised as the rest of you guys are that the Lions have a really good logo.

Detroit Free Press is also all over this as well. I personally love the logo, but the only thing I can live without is the swooshes that are supposed to represent the mane. As a Lions fan I am impressed

I tried to vectorize it best I could from that small picture, so we could see a clearer picture of it. Of course it is not exact, but you get the idea.

BubblesNew.png

I don't know about it yet. Up close, when you are looking at nothing but the logo, it looks good, but from far away, when it is on a helmet or something, I don't think it looks too good. From far away, the white lines clutter it, and seem randomly placed, but up close, you can tell what they are.

Let the concepts begin. I know just about everybody has done a Lions concept, or so it seems, but I imagine we will see a lot more in the coming week or two.

Nice job with the mock up, DP!

Honestly, if that's even close to how it looks when it's not magnified 400x, then I'll be thrilled. :D

Paraphrased from the comments section on UW:

"the white swooshy lines make it look like Bubbles just took a money shot to the face"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

BubblesNew.png

Nice job with the mock up, DP!

Honestly, if that's even close to how it looks when it's not magnified 400x, then I'll be thrilled. :D

grey facemask would look better

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Hmm...

p5820917dt.png

The Lions have gotten so bad that Bubbles has turned to drugs.

The vector versions make it clear what the white space between the chin and leg are, but from a distance, it looks like Bubbles is smoking a joint or a cigarette.

Archived