Lions uniform changes

Proc

I wish Dallas returned to their old away jerseys... the ones that were actually a reflection of the home jerseys. To be honest, I've never minded the different shades Dallas uses. It's kind of unique to me. :)

I'm just wondering... if the Lions have just a tiny bit of black striping on the uniform, would it still count as an "official" color? Kind of like the Dallas Cowboy's sleeve striping. 4 lines of black, but Dallas doesn't consider that an official color.

It may be unique, but it's also inexcusably piss-poor design. Same with the black on the sleeve stripes - it doesn't tie-in to anything else on the uniform, and clashes with the blue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish Dallas returned to their old away jerseys... the ones that were actually a reflection of the home jerseys. To be honest, I've never minded the different shades Dallas uses. It's kind of unique to me. :)

I'm just wondering... if the Lions have just a tiny bit of black striping on the uniform, would it still count as an "official" color? Kind of like the Dallas Cowboy's sleeve striping. 4 lines of black, but Dallas doesn't consider that an official color.

It may be unique, but it's also inexcusably piss-poor design. Same with the black on the sleeve stripes - it doesn't tie-in to anything else on the uniform, and clashes with the blue.

And you know what the funn(ier) thing about all that is? That the Cowboys actually went so far as to paint their midfield star AND the endzones royal blue.

Either go with the royal or go with the navy, but pick a blue, pick a silver, sprinkle in the black if you absolutely must, Dallas...but standardize the damn palette (and jersey designs) already!!!

[/RANT]

So...about those new Lions getups... ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh my God, the Lions did something right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Have to say that I'm impressed with both the Logo and the new Wordmark. Will withhold full judgement till we can see a close up of it along with the full uniform package, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing.

I wonder how much should be put into the fact that the new Wordmark isn't outlined in black?

Could be a good indicator of just how much black they left in the uniform. (Hopefully as little as possible)

Overall though, the Lion's might have done something right for a change. :D

I was hoping for something a little more "classic" looking for the wordmark, not something italicized and tough looking. That being said, it looks really nice. I'm less of a fan of the new Bubbles than most on here. I really don't think they needed to "cartoon" him up by adding those white swooshy lines and the outline around the front leg. It certainly doesn't look bad, but again, I was hoping for something a little less. Overall, can't complain though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Edit: Not too bad. I actually like the wordmark. New logo looks cool too. Not a lot, but just enough.

1-15 in 2009

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'll just echo everyone else and say so far, so good.

I really hope they can pull this off perfectly. I know everyone craps on the Lions, but I would like to see them succeed at something. If they can't win, at least they can look good losing.

I was hoping for something a little more "classic" looking for the wordmark, not something italicized and tough looking. That being said, it looks really nice. I'm less of a fan of the new Bubbles than most on here. I really don't think they needed to "cartoon" him up by adding those white swooshy lines and the outline around the front leg. It certainly doesn't look bad, but again, I was hoping for something a little less. Overall, can't complain though.

Those are my thoughts. I liked it as a silhouette and even these changes take away a bit. But given what I was afraid of (another NFL "cat head" logo or something over-detailed), I'll take it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Keeping the full cat, eh? Well, at least the front paws look like he's attacking now. The old one looks like he's "making biscuits" (that thing kittens do get milk from their mothers).

I am curious about the bold part above? Were you hoping for a Jags/Panthers cat head?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am curious about the bold part above? Were you hoping for a Jags/Panthers cat head?

Not so much hoping. It's just that the full cat versions of all the other teams are such downgrades. Even the Bengals full takes away from the face and kind of out the action.

Seeing Bubbles in full makes him seem distant. And while we all view football from a distance, wouldn't you want an identity that gave conveyed the impact of the game?

Archived