Pre-season new uniform thoughts

seahawk9

Anybody else digging the Rams white pants. I know we have discussed this before but I like the Rams with the white pants home and away. The White pants provide a nice clean,crisp and sharper look as opposed to the dull Gold pants. I don't mind the Blue pants either but you know what my complaint is with those......They must be paired with a white striped sock.

I think the Rams look perfect in solid gold pants. They're the only NFL team I can think of right now that can pull off the non-striped look.

I get what you mean about them looking dull, but I think that's just because they play in a lousy dome. When they wear the dark jerseys and gold pants outside, they look great. I also think that the gold pants are the best option for their white jerseys too.

The blue pants would work well with the white jerseys, but they should have a solid gold stripe either bordered by thin white stripes, or have one solid gold stripe with one thin white stripe (so it'd look like the shoulder design on the navy jersey.)

I agree with pretty much all this. Not only do I dislike the white pants because they make no sense with the gold numbers, I hate the stripe they use. weirdly thick gold bordered by weirdly thin navy? Whaaaa?

technically, it could be argued that the stripe reflects the horns on the helmet, but yeah - it doesn't look good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a00aea78e57a721b089975eb8b5eda28-getty-88187254db020_jacksonville_.jpg

This is Wayne Weaver's idea of emphasizing teal in his team's look. Consider that, and you start to understand how the rest of the history of the Jaguars franchise has come to pass.

Which is why I can hear the moving trucks backing up to Jacksonville Municipal Stadium sometime in the Spring of 2010 or 2011 to take the Jags to the other end of Interstate 10--Los Angeles. :P

While not as bad as I originally thought, they're still terribly bland (at least colorwise) to the point that relocation rumors should only be perpetuated (at least to those who have taste other than in their mouths); those unis are a perfect case of a team losing the identity that it's trying to find.

a00aea78e57a721b089975eb8b5eda28-getty-88187254db020_jacksonville_.jpg

This is Wayne Weaver's idea of emphasizing teal in his team's look. Consider that, and you start to understand how the rest of the history of the Jaguars franchise has come to pass.

Which is why I can hear the moving trucks backing up to Jacksonville Municipal Stadium sometime in the Spring of 2010 or 2011 to take the Jags to the other end of Interstate 10--Los Angeles. :P

While not as bad as I originally thought, they're still terribly bland (at least colorwise) to the point that relocation rumors should only be perpetuated (at least to those who have taste other than in their mouths); those unis are a perfect case of a team losing the identity that it's trying to find.

Los Angeles Jaguars doesn't sound bad, and when I visited there I saw a TON of jaguars.

jaguar.jpg

B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Man, that Jags number font looks worse in action than it did on the models.

Y'all know how I feel about updating uniforms and moving forward, but man... that ain't how to do it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the lions look pretty good on the road.

lions-2.jpg

lionsA.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the helmet stripes look way too thin on the new Lions' helmets?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Los Angeles Jaguars doesn't sound bad, and when I visited there I saw a TON of jaguars.

jaguar.jpg

B)

Careful, that got 'em sued the first time they tried it... ^_^

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just a note on the helmet sparkles - I was at the Hall of Fame a few months back and noticed that almost every team's helmet had sparkles in them. I thought it was odd, but definitely gave them a "pop" under the lights.

I actually like the Jags one - helmet looks black with the white uni's and teal with the teal uni's.

Rob

Wow, the Jags really dropped the ball. I hadn't really taken a good look at them until this thread. The teal ones aren't too bad, but they white is just awful. The Lions, on the other hand, look great. The black facemask could go, and I'm still not entirely sold on the number font, but they look good otherwise. The little black stripe on the sock is so incredibly awesome, for some reason.

Lions look good, they just need a bit thicker center helmet stripe.

The 49ers look just... just fantastic. I really love how their set came out.

Jaguars... hmmm....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Lions look good, they just need a bit thicker center helmet stripe.

The 49ers look just... just fantastic. I really love how their set came out.

Jaguars... hmmm....

Naw, folk...you just like how those facemasks came out. Don't try to play with us... ^_^

Now that I've gotten a better look (and more looks, period) at the Lions, I will say that at least the sets look more cohesive now than their previous iteration (though if it were left to me, the black wouldn't be in there, period--but that's fighting a losing battle at this point). I still ain't too hot about (what will heretofore refer as) those "teardrop" numbers...but overall, the set might grow on me, just a little.

To me, it's the Niners that kinda dropped the ball here. I don't mind the shade of red they (went back to?) this year...that's all right. But all that space on those armholes and they decide to stick the stripes that far down to where they may as well not even be there in the first place. And that helmet logo REALLY bugs me. I think if they eliminated the inner gold, it'd probably fix that issue somewhat, because right now it really jumps out as looking out of place.

Another thing...with today's technology, especially for a pro team, I'd think it'd be a little easier for the 'Niners to match the gold on their pants and the gold on their helmets. (May as well mention the Saints in this breath, as well.) I mean hell...even D-1AA HBCUs can get their golds to match. I submit, as proof, the Alabama State Hornets:

jaypeck_092807.jpg

large_alabamastate.jpg

315409.jpg

(Bit of bonus trivia: the guy you see in the last photo here is none other than current Minnesota Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson, from 2005, the year in which he led the Hornets to the SWAC Championship Game.)

I've already made my opinions on the Jag-offs known in this here forum...no need to waste any more keystrokes on that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Thank God they fixed the sleeve stripes! The thing that bugged me the most about the last set was that they looked like cheap electrical tape on the sleeves.

detroit-lions.jpg

And does anybody else think that the NFL needs to set a standard sleeve length?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

the lions look pretty good on the road.

lions-2.jpg

lionsA.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the helmet stripes look way too thin on the new Lions' helmets?

Nope. I agree. I'm also not too crazy about the number font. Still, not the worst "update" I've ever seen. Not great but hardly awful like Jacksonville's.

BB52Big.jpg

Just watched the Green Bay - Buffalo replay on NFL Network... man, have the Packers' TV numbers always been so large?

ed28d2d199d3b3b6b9ab18347b390514-getty-88192368sb028_bill_packer.jpg

Funny you should say that because I've seen several teams this year that seem to have bigger TV numbers. Unfortunately I can't remember which ones off the top of my head but I'll start watching for it and list them.

Saw the Giants roads with the new jerseys...meh. They're awful. The name is about an inch above the number, which looks ridiculous, and in play, the names and numbers get all askew. Seems odd that a league so anal about uniform rules will let a team look that crappy.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived