NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Center Ice...and I love these Calgary unis...the patch sucks, but they're GREAT unis. No muddled mess with 500 different directions of piping with different colors and black muddling it all. Just splendid.

My fiancee glanced at the game and had to avert her eyes. For the detail and brightness of the HDTV era, there's just too much red in too vibrant of a shade. I'd love to see this style eventually replace the current cluster of Calgary's primary uniforms, but that red would have to be darkened, much like it has been with their other unis. Adding black breezers and some black detail to the jerseys and socks, as mentioned previously in this thread, would go a long way. But kudos to Calgary for nailing down the details. They even remembered the top serif on the 5s.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I will be picking up one of these very soon!

ad15446f052bd4c42fa4cc7e699e22e6-getty-90952984mr002_canucks_v_flames.jpg

If only that patch blended in with the color of the jersey and the numbers we're white then that patch wouldn't suck so much.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but did anyone catch the VS scorebug?

I don't have a screenshot, but it looks like the one they used in the playoffs. I loathe it. It looks so amateurish... like someone who got Photoshop for the first time and started tinkering with it and mastered 1 or 2 of the worst features.

What, no memorial logo for Fred Cusick for the Bruins? FAIL!

They are going to honor him on Saturday during a media timeout in the 2nd period. It doesn't sound like a memorial logo is going to be incorporated into the uniform, which is sad.

Cusick to be honored

The Bruins announced this morning that they will posthumously honor legendary play-by-play voice Fred Cusick during the second period of the team’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes this Saturday, Oct. 3.

During the first media timeout of the second period, the club will dedicate the home television broadcast booth to him by renaming it the “Fred Cusick Broadcast Booth.” The club also plans to place a silver microphone encased in a black and gold frame on the TD Garden’s level 9 façade beneath the home TV broadcast booth, which will permanently displayed.

It will be similar to the microphone that is already displayed in homage to Celtics legendary broadcaster Johnny Most.

Cusick, who called Bruins games on radio (1952-'70) and television (1971-'97) for 45 years, died Sept. 15 at age 90.

I will be picking up one of these very soon!

ad15446f052bd4c42fa4cc7e699e22e6-getty-90952984mr002_canucks_v_flames.jpg

If only that patch blended in with the color of the jersey and the numbers we're white then that patch wouldn't suck so much.

But the rest of the jersey makes up for it. It's a no-brainer to use these (or something like it) over the Edge-y ^_^ look, unless you're in the Board of Governers or your name is Gary Bettman.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

It has long been the worst kept secret in town that the current Sabres third jersey will become the primary, and be matched with a road white for the team's 40th Anniversary. But it was also believed that the current home blues, with everyone's favorite Reebok-imposed limp excuse for a logo, would become the third jersey. But that now seems like it may not be the case.

If you skip all of the excuses, half-truths, and pandering spin in the latest interview with The Lawrence himself, Larry Quinn, you'll hear him confirm that a new white uniform is coming next year for the 40th. But that's not all.

Heactually says that we're making a permanent uni switch, complete withan all-new third jersey. What does that mean for the ol' sluggaroo?

Could we really be completely slug-free next year?

Let's hope so.

http://sabresnotslug...g-is-toast.html

IeHVybT.png

It has long been the worst kept secret in town that the current Sabres third jersey will become the primary, and be matched with a road white for the team's 40th Anniversary. But it was also believed that the current home blues, with everyone's favorite Reebok-imposed limp excuse for a logo, would become the third jersey. But that now seems like it may not be the case.

If you skip all of the excuses, half-truths, and pandering spin in the latest interview with The Lawrence himself, Larry Quinn, you'll hear him confirm that a new white uniform is coming next year for the 40th. But that's not all.

Heactually says that we're making a permanent uni switch, complete withan all-new third jersey. What does that mean for the ol' sluggaroo?

Let's hope so.

It probably means...

Future Home Jersey: The current alt

Future Road Jersey: A white version of the current alt

Future Alt Jersey: What we saw during the Winter Classic

There was a story tonight during intermission of the Penguins game about Signature Flags in Ambridge, who makes all the banners for Mellon Arena including the new one. It also said they sew letters and numbers for the team, which was kinda confusing. Their game worn set tags for several years running now say the customization is done by Cutting Edge Sports in Woburn, MA. Would they really sew numbers and nameplates outside Pittsburgh and then have them put on the jerseys several states away? Do they only sew jerseys for retail?

1zgyd8w.jpg

Let's hope so.

It probably means...

Future Home Jersey: The current alt

Future Road Jersey: A white version of the current alt

Future Alt Jersey: What we saw during the Winter Classic

I'm holding out hope that the "permanent uniform change" includes dropping the side piping and weird armpit stains from the current third if they're going to make that the new home jersey.

A future alt jersey that was primarily yellow could look great if done right (see: Sweden) but, knowing the Sabres (and Buffalo in general), they'll F that up. The best we can hope for is the original white jersey.

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Ottawa has new socks. They are no longer the edge design but a traditional design with black, red, black pattern for the hoops. Think of Team Canada's socks that they wore for the 2002 Olympics.

I don't understand the love of the flames replicas jerseys. Yes they're a nice clean looks and aren't covered in piping. But way to much red and yellow; the flames need black, or they just remind me of McDonalds.

I don't understand the love of the flames replicas jerseys. Yes they're a nice clean looks and aren't covered in piping. But way to much red and yellow; the flames need black, or they just remind me of McDonalds.

HAY GUYS RED AND YELLOW MEANS MCDONALDS TO ME AMIRITE?

Seriously, this line of thinking more than played itself out in the Rockets alternate thread. Knock it the :censored: off.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived