NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's Calgary's definitive look. No doubt.

The worst part about their use of the black is that it's the frickin' C! Use it as trim on a white or yellow C and it's already 100% better.

Calgary is the NHL's version of Kansas City, Mets, Reds as a black-for-black's-sake user.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Ottawa has new socks. They are no longer the edge design but a traditional design with black, red, black pattern for the hoops. Think of Team Canada's socks that they wore for the 2002 Olympics.

243ccf4b36f9405639f3155.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The uniform the Oilers are using as the home one this season is terrible. I know it's their classic look and all but imo they're awfully dated and that color scheme is horrid. Their other sets aren't anything to write home about but man, those orange and blue colors just scream "minor league" to me.

Really? I love it.

Different strokes I guess.

-Dan

Just too garish and mismatched to me. If you're going to have a true two color hockey uniform, one of those colors has to be white, imo. Detroit and Toronto do it well. Edmonton and those Calgary ones? Not so much. At least the colors aren't screaming on Calgary's.

The Blue Jackets made a couple very small changes this season. First, they replaced the wordmark on their helmets with the C-Flag logo. Downgrade in my opinion. Second, they removed the John H. McConnell patch from the jerseys. I love JHM, but I was worried they would try to make that a permanent part of the uniforms.

I love that Ottawa got away from those terrible socks, but couldn't they have matched the striping scheme to their barberpole shoulder logo or the stripe on the pants? This stripe looks out of place. I think I also saw that Calgary changed their edgified socks, but I could be wrong. Can somebody confirm this?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think I also saw that Calgary changed their edgified socks, but I could be wrong. Can somebody confirm this?

81a8d515c26baa2ff79e53827e6114a6-getty-90960865jj207_flames_oilers.jpg

Seems like Tampa is the only team left with edgified socks. Concerning Ottawa, I going to say...........downgrade. On this rare occasion, the curved socks looked good becaused they blended in with the rest of the curves from the jersey. It gave the team a complete but tasteful edgification. Now the socks are just bland.

Concerning Ottawa, I going to say...........downgrade. On this rare occasion, the curved socks looked good becaused they blended in with the rest of the curves from the jersey. It gave the team a complete but tasteful edgification. Now the socks are just bland.

Agreed, I always felt the jersey alone wasn't so great for Ottawa, but the uniform as a whole looked good.

Hi, how are you?

I think I also saw that Calgary changed their edgified socks, but I could be wrong. Can somebody confirm this?

Seems like Tampa is the only team left with edgified socks. Concerning Ottawa, I going to say...........downgrade. On this rare occasion, the curved socks looked good becaused they blended in with the rest of the curves from the jersey. It gave the team a complete but tasteful edgification. Now the socks are just bland.

German National Team socks?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

German National Team socks?

My thoughts exactly.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Really? I love it.

Different strokes I guess.

-Dan

Just too garish and mismatched to me. If you're going to have a true two color hockey uniform, one of those colors has to be white, imo. Detroit and Toronto do it well. Edmonton and those Calgary ones? Not so much. At least the colors aren't screaming on Calgary's.

I count three colors on the Oilers set, one of them being white.

i have confirmation of a full time islanders switch to royal blue for 2010-11 season. i went into the islanders team store today looking for a fitted navy hat and the guy said he hasnt gotten them in since last season and said he wasnt surprised either because theyre switching colors next season. the store was loaded with royal blue. the only thing navy was the authentic jerseys on the wall and a hoodie. the guy also said he doesnt know if the navy will be a third next season or if the team will be using a different navy or a new color.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I think Ottawa's socks look terrible.

Also doesn't Carolina have a weird edge style socks on their 3rd jerseys?

They do, but they also have V-shaped sleeve stripes on the jerseys, so the sock striping kinda ties into it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

HAY GUYS RED AND YELLOW MEANS MCDONALDS TO ME AMIRITE?

Seriously, this line of thinking more than played itself out in the Rockets alternate thread. Knock it the :censored: off.

QFT

Not to mention:

Yellow = Mustard, Urine

Lime Green = Barf

Red = Ketchup

Brown = Poop

It's either human waste or hot dog toppings. Really, folks. It's painfully childish to dislike certain colors because they remind you of something.

Grow up already.

Archived