Minor League Hockey Defunct Redesign

dgnmrwrw

YES! I'm so glad you continued this series, I loved it and still do.

I love how well you executed it, and that shark looks sick man. (This is such a cooincindence because as I was just about to post MY OWN shark concept, for football, and then I came across this awesome one ;))

Great job, dgnmrwrw

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES! I'm so glad you continued this series, I loved it and still do.

I love how well you executed it, and that shark looks sick man. (This is such a cooincindence because as I was just about to post MY OWN shark concept, for football, and then I came across this awesome one ;))

Great job, dgnmrwrw

I agree, so glad your continuing on.

This set is amazingly sick. Greatest shark logoset I've ever seen. It's so nice... I like the idea of the shark tooth logo, never seen that done before. Great work!

I really like how you keep the distinctivly shaped tooth. Those little details really add to a concept, imo. Excellent way to fully take advantage of the fact that the name is the Tiger Sharks and not just Sharks.

Very nice work on the Tigersharks set...I like it alot...for some reason my favorite in this set is still the T-Blades though, but I like the execution of this one alot :hockeysmiley:

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness....this series is absolutely fantastic. Every concept is grade-A, I can't say much more than that. STUNNING work!! My favorites so far would have to be Kentucky and Greensboro, everything works together very well for both concepts and would look incredible on the ice.

If you aren't taking requests then pay no attention to this, but I would love to see a Salt Lake Golden Eagles concept. They've been defunct for quite some time, but it'd be cool to see what you'd whip up for them today.

Again, AWESOME work!!! Keep it up!!!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

#14: Erie Panthers // Erie, PA

Logo.png

I've had this one in the hopper for a while, but I've been reluctant to show it. Obviously, I used the Cincinnati Bengals' full-bodied tiger logo to get the basic body shape down. I was hoping to keep pushing the logo away from that, but it wasn't going anywhere. Then, after I developed the type and integrated it with the panther, the final primary looked even more like the Bengals. That frustrates me to no end, but despite starting over twice, I still wasn't getting anywhere better. So I sincerely apologize for the Bengals resemblance, but I did want to finally get this out there. Anyway, the colors are midnight blue, purple, and silver.

The uniforms combine traditional striping with sharp, claw-mark piping. The primary crest is the panther head set inside a shield. Midnight blue for the home uniform, with an emphasis on keeping it dark, like a panther. On the shoulders, there's an EP monogram with the panther paw as a patch.

The alternate is purple, with a full-bodied panther as the crest. The striping is taken from the some of the shapes caused by the interaction of the midnight blue and purple from the panther's face. I liked the shapes because they resembled claw marks and (vaguely) a jungle motif. Under the collar, there's a small ERIE PANTHERS wordmark. Again, the recolored EP patch is on the shoulders.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

#14: Erie Panthers // Erie, PA

Logo.png

I've had this one in the hopper for a while, but I've been reluctant to show it. Obviously, I used the Cincinnati Bengals' full-bodied tiger logo to get the basic body shape down. I was hoping to keep pushing the logo away from that, but it wasn't going anywhere. Then, after I developed the type and integrated it with the panther, the final primary looked even more like the Bengals. That frustrates me to no end, but despite starting over twice, I still wasn't getting anywhere better. So I sincerely apologize for the Bengals resemblance, but I did want to finally get this out there. Anyway, the colors are midnight blue, purple, and silver.

The uniforms combine traditional striping with sharp, claw-mark piping. The primary crest is the panther head set inside a shield. Midnight blue for the home uniform, with an emphasis on keeping it dark, like a panther. On the shoulders, there's an EP monogram with the panther paw as a patch.

The alternate is purple, with a full-bodied panther as the crest. The striping is taken from the some of the shapes caused by the interaction of the midnight blue and purple from the panther's face. I liked the shapes because they resembled claw marks and (vaguely) a jungle motif. Under the collar, there's a small ERIE PANTHERS wordmark. Again, the recolored EP patch is on the shoulders.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

Another great concept!

#5: Richmond Renegades // Richmond, VA

Logo.png

I know I've got at least one fan following this one, so I hope it works. Growing up, I remember the Renegades having a text-based logo and a purple/teal/black color scheme (rock on, 1990s!). When they re-emerged recently, they went with a pirate look with a blue and yellow scheme. I know Richmond isn't a port town, but I liked the pirate idea, especially after looking up what a "renegade" actually is (my dictionary says "a deserter of one cause or allegiance to another"). So I've gone with a pirate logo set--using rough type and a generally worn/weathered look to the logos--with black, dark teal (sea foam?), and gold as the colors.

The home and away uniforms are very conservative: I'm letting their color scheme (which is fairly unusual), logo, and typeface be the identifying elements here. The triangle pirate with raised cutlass logo is the crest. On the shoulders, there is a skull with an R on its bandana for a patch.

The obvious choice for the alternate uniform was an all-black, pirate flag-inspired look. So I've placed two crossed cutlasses beneath the skull for the crest. The swooping stripes are meant to mimic the look and general flow of the crest.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Alt.png

You know, I really like this. I HATED the pirate theme though when the Renegades returned. But, the color schemes and logos are amazing. It makes me love the pirate theme, now.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Thanks for the feedback.

This concept is okay to me. I don't think the panther was executed too well, I'm not liking the way the jaw sticks out so much. It looks like the panther has an underbite.

I know what you mean. Another one of the issues with this concept that bothers me. I kept trying to pull it in, but then I was getting weird interactions with the teeth, tongue, and arm. But I'm actually pretty happy with the panther's face (not counting the slight underbite), so I thought I'd go ahead and post it.

Like I said, I knew this one had it's imperfections. But I'm freakin' sick of looking at it and messing with it but getting nowhere, so I wanted to show my work and move on to something new.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks for the feedback.

This concept is okay to me. I don't think the panther was executed too well, I'm not liking the way the jaw sticks out so much. It looks like the panther has an underbite.

I know what you mean. Another one of the issues with this concept that bothers me. I kept trying to pull it in, but then I was getting weird interactions with the teeth, tongue, and arm. But I'm actually pretty happy with the panther's face (not counting the slight underbite), so I thought I'd go ahead and post it.

Like I said, I knew this one had it's imperfections. But I'm freakin' sick of looking at it and messing with it but getting nowhere, so I wanted to show my work and move on to something new.

Yea I getcha. If you're going back to it, you should group the bottom jaw as one object (I dunno if it's the same as in Inkscape, but it should be the same idea) and resize it like so. This shouldn't effect the rest of the panther, then once you get it to how you'd like it, you could group the whole panther back together. Again, I'm not sure if it's the same idea/way in Illustrator (assuming that's what you're using...?) as in Inkscape.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the feedback.

Yea I getcha. If you're going back to it, you should group the bottom jaw as one object (I dunno if it's the same as in Inkscape, but it should be the same idea) and resize it like so. This shouldn't effect the rest of the panther, then once you get it to how you'd like it, you could group the whole panther back together. Again, I'm not sure if it's the same idea/way in Illustrator (assuming that's what you're using...?) as in Inkscape.

Hope that helps

The jaw on the Panthers one immediately stuck out to me too. I love these though they look great and very cleanly done! Keep up the GREAT work!

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I like Erie's new look, except for one thing: the way the crest looks on the home jersey. I'm not sure how well the logo would stand out in some of the older (read: poorly lit) arenas.

I do really like the white eyes. It's all too prevalent these days for every logo animal to have generic red eyes to show anger or rage or... something. Kudos for not going this route.

Archived