Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

And FSU to the Big 12 will fire up very soon. Especially if Maryland goes.

The Big XII better take Louisville with FSU.

You don't bring anything to the table.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And FSU to the Big 12 will fire up very soon. Especially if Maryland goes.

The Big XII better take Louisville with FSU.

You don't bring anything to the table.

Top 25 football team, Powerhouse Men's Basketball team, Rising Women's basketball power.

That and $4.50 will get you a latte at Starbucks.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Take it for what it is worth but there are some local rumblings that the SEC could take FSU if things line up right. Depends if the NC prizes stand strong with each other.

SEC instituted a rule that they would not admit a school from a state of a current conference school.

And actually, Louisville IS probably lined up to be one of the next Big 12 admissions. It was widely speculated that that's why they quickly dropped their objection to West Virginia being admitted over them, that the conference told them they were next in line and probably accepted in the coming years.

Take it for what it is worth but there are some local rumblings that the SEC could take FSU if things line up right. Depends if the NC prizes stand strong with each other.

SEC instituted a rule that they would not admit a school from a state of a current conference school.

That is a rumor. I mean, kind of a silly rule, wouldn't you say? Why have a special rule? If you don't like a team from a certain state, don't vote them in. Why throw extra security on that with a rule? What are they afraid of?

And what if everyone does want FSU in? They gonna say, "Sorry, i know everyone wants them in but rules are rules. Our hands are tied."

You're not going to get any new markets by going to a state you already have a team in. Texas A&M and Missouri both worked because they were the first SEC team in their state.

That is why I/they said if the NC prizes dont leave. VT will be 15. If you can't get a new market worth a damn, you go after TV ratings. FSU gets eyeballs.

It's not a rumor. It's a rule. You're in denial as usual.

It's a gentleman's agreement, which is neither. That said, there was some thought that the agreement might get binned if the SEC wanted to go to 16; especially if you could outvote Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Kentucky

• Like 1
Today, we are all otaku.

From what I remember, the Virginia Legislature wouldn't oppose Virginia and Virginia Tech splitting up as much if one were to join the SEC and the other to join the Big Ten.

Supposedly, if they were to expand again, the SEC would target NC State first. NC State is in a Texas A&M-like situation, where they would love to get out of the large shadow of the #1 state school and create their own identity...history be damned.

From what I remember, the Virginia Legislature wouldn't oppose Virginia and Virginia Tech splitting up as much if one were to join the SEC and the other to join the Big Ten.

Supposedly, if they were to expand again, the SEC would target NC State first. NC State is in a Texas A&M-like situation, where they would love to get out of the large shadow of the #1 state school and create their own identity...history be damned.

That is what I think too. As I said, FSU will be their choice if the NC schools stand strong. That said, I wouldn't mind if Clemson GT and FSU bolted for the Big 12 to help the fun rivalry with the SEC. That would make the SEC and Big 12 bunk buddies in a lot of states.

That is what I think too. As I said, FSU will be their choice if the NC schools stand strong. That said, I wouldn't mind if Clemson GT and FSU bolted for the Big 12 to help the fun rivalry with the SEC. That would make the SEC and Big 12 bunk buddies in a lot of states.

Thinking out loud here, but with Cincy and Louisville ripe for the taking, you think they'd go for those two plus.. idk I'd guess FSU and Clemson, right? UConn looks like the practical swap for Maryland regardless in the ACC. And that all puts everyone in the 12-14 range aside from the Big East I would think

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I will admit to being vaguely amused by the notion that the Big Ten has gone full yandere towards Notre Dame and is hellbent on burning down both the ACC and Big East so Notre Dame will be left without a home and be theirs forever.

Makes about as much sense as pursuing NYC and Baltiwash.

Today, we are all otaku.

Top 25 football team

Yeah, no. You're ranked because you played an incredibly weak schedule. You're not a top-25 caliber team. You lucked into that spot.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I will admit to being vaguely amused by the notion that the Big Ten has gone full yandere towards Notre Dame and is hellbent on burning down both the ACC and Big East so Notre Dame will be left without a home and be theirs forever.

Makes about as much sense as pursuing NYC and Baltiwash.

I think that might be part of this. Also interesting that the Big Ten has a tie to the new orange bowl, but they and the SEC set it up where in years the Sugar and Rose host semifinals those conference champs (or replacements) won't go to the Orange instead. Had they done that then the Orange might have been set up of ACC v SEC one year, ACC v Big Ten next year, and then orange hosting semi. That would have put it on par money wise most likely with the Rose and Sugar Bowls. Instead worth $25 million less.

The politics of realignment and the manuevering is fascinating.