2010 NFL Draft

Gary

Clausen's nightmare continues as the Browns and Bills both passed on him in Round 2.

Oakland maybe?

I thought the Pats would have took Golden Tate... He would have been a nice replacement until Welker gets healthy again.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clausen's nightmare continues as the Browns and Bills both passed on him in Round 2.

I've heard Claussen described as "petulant", "needy", and "whiny". Sounds to me like no one is going to spend first or second round money on a first round talent with fifth round attitude. No one wants to waste early round cash on the guy right now. He's looking at early third round.

EDIT: Shows what I know. Claussen to The Panthers. Hell, I still probably got more picks right than Mel Kiper Draft Idiot got. :D

BB52Big.jpg

In terms of what Clausen may have "lost", here is a look at the approximate contracts from the 2009 Draft.

Last pick in Round 1 was Evander Hood - DT/DE (Missouri)

5 years for $11.3 million contract, $6.1 million guaranteed

Last year's 48th was Darcel McBath - S (Texas Tech)

4 years for $$3.85 million contract, $2.01 million guaranteed

He is playing for the rookie minimum on a four year contract. His signing bonus was reportedly $1.5 million.

Mount Cody lands in Baltimore.

This is an interesting pick. I like it. I get the serious feeling being around Ray Lewis is going to get/keep this guy motivated. Not to mention the Ravens have a history of BIG big men in the defensive trenches. And after watching Kelly Gregg and Haloti Ngata this past season (to say nothing of the rest of B'more's D-linemen), the thing I notice is they all can run. So unless this guy's a total klutz, I believe he should get himself into pretty good shape--either that or the guys around him will make him get into shape. I ain't gon' lie--I like this pick for the Ravens.

Now...still keepin my fingers crossed that Golden Tate lasts until my Buccaneers pick next. So far, this is shaping up to be a pretty good draft for them--assuming Arrelious Benn doesn't turn into the next Michael Clayton.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Mount Cody lands in Baltimore.

This is an interesting pick. I like it. I get the serious feeling being around Ray Lewis is going to get/keep this guy motivated. Not to mention the Ravens have a history of BIG big men in the defensive trenches. And after watching Kelly Gregg and Haloti Ngata this past season (to say nothing of the rest of B'more's D-linemen), the thing I notice is they all can run. So unless this guy's a total klutz, I believe he should get himself into pretty good shape--either that or the guys around him will make him get into shape. I ain't gon' lie--I like this pick for the Ravens.

Now...still keepin my fingers crossed that Golden Tate lasts until my Buccaneers pick next. So far, this is shaping up to be a pretty good draft for them--assuming Arrelious Benn doesn't turn into the next Michael Clayton.

Mt. Cody 370 at the Senior Bowl in late January, down to 354 at the combine a month later, then to 349 on March 10 at pro day; but still there is an issue with his weight (keep him away from the Pit Beef). However NFL people are conflicted:

Mark Dominik, GM-Tampa Bay: "I don't know why he wouldn't (succeed), unless injury. You can get bodies on him, but you're just not going to be able to move him."

NFC personnel guy: "He's a big, fat blob. He's a big media creation. If you want a guy to play 10 plays a game and make maybe one play in those 10, then that's your guy. He can't move. He just stands there. He cannot move at all."

His 40 time was 5.66. Slower than drafted defensive tackle in the last 20 years. The closest were Corey Swinson (seventh round, 1995) at 5.62, and Tim Roberts (fifth round, 1992) and Ron Brace (second round, 2009) at 5.51.

Overall, it seems such a boon for the Jets to get Santonio Holmes for just a 5th round pick since teams are giving up a 3 or a 4 just to move up 11 slots in the 2nd.

Um... I hate to rain on your parade, Buc.... But.... YOINK! Golden Tate is heading to Seattle. Helluva steal in the late 2nd Round.

What does Jimmy Clausen do immediately after being drafted by the Panthers? Trash talk Matt Ryan, saying that he beat him in college & he's gonna beat him in the NFL.

Wow, he hasn't even been a Panther for 3 hours & I've already got him near Steve Smith territory. It's gonna be fun as hell rooting against Carolina. :P

Um... I hate to rain on your parade, Buc.... But.... YOINK! Golden Tate is heading to Seattle. Helluva steal in the late 2nd Round.

It's a shame Taylor Mays is going to murder his a$$. I heartily encourage young Mays in his quest for vengeance against Pete Carroll.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's a shame Taylor Mays is going to murder his a$$. I heartily encourage young Mays in his quest for vengeance against Pete Carroll.

Again, I think that Taylor has all the physical tools, but his skill set is not very good. Look at the youtube highlight clips of him and notice that most of his hits are on running plays. He had 5 INT in his career and 3 came as a Freshman. He has big issues in coverage. He could become a 4-3 MLB very soon.

EDIT: Taylor had this to say tonight.

"It was alarming with who he took as a safety," Mays said in a conference call tonight with 49ers reporters, hinting he thought he'd be reuniting with Carroll in the Pacific Northwest. "I understand it's a business, but you should be honest. That's all I'm asking for."

He fails to realize that he played for four years and only had 2 INTs in his last three years. None as a junior and just one as a Senior. He cannot cover and believes his speed can help him hit players and make incomplete passes.

Again, I think that Taylor has all the physical tools, but his skill set is not very good. Look at the youtube highlight clips of him and notice that most of his hits are on running plays. He had 5 INT in his career and 3 came as a Freshman. He has big issues in coverage. He could become a 4-3 MLB very soon.

"It was alarming with who he took as a safety," Mays said in a conference call tonight with 49ers reporters, hinting he thought he'd be reuniting with Carroll in the Pacific Northwest. "I understand it's a business, but you should be honest. That's all I'm asking for."

He fails to realize that he played for four years and only had 2 INTs in his last three years. None as a junior and just one as a Senior. He cannot cover and believes his speed can help him hit players and make incomplete passes.

And yet he did what Carroll wanted him to do within Carroll's system. I'd be pissed too if I was Mays.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And yet he did what Carroll wanted him to do within Carroll's system. I'd be pissed too if I was Mays.

His highlights are all running plays and not pass coverage.

And that's what Carroll trained him to....you know what? This isn't going to get through to you. I'd have more luck convincing Will about the joys of Postmarital sex.

Today, we are all otaku.

I'm sure all of Taylor Mays' YouTube highlights were precisely why Pete Carroll didn't draft him. I don't blame the kid for being pissed at Carroll. I have no idea of what really happened but from the accounts I've run across it sure sounds like Carroll sold Mays a bunch of BS.

And since when have you become an expert on evaluating NFL talent? I thought being an expert on TV and Media was your thing. Damn, you're one talented guy.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm sure all of Taylor Mays' YouTube highlights were precisely why Pete Carroll didn't draft him. I don't blame the kid for being pissed at Carroll. I have no idea of what really happened but from the accounts I've run across it sure sounds like Carroll sold Mays a bunch of BS.

And since when have you become an expert on evaluating NFL talent? I thought being an expert on TV and Media was your thing. Damn, you're one talented guy.

When the :censored: did YouTube become a source for evaluating NFL talent?

"Coach Carroll, should we take Taylor Mays or somebody else?"

"I'd like to see other options, but YouTube is having maitenance done so I can't log in."

Archived