2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisky rolled up an eye-popping 83 points on Indiana. Do they even have a defense in Indiana, or do they just bring in guys off the street?

Also, Northwestern just beat Iowa.

Ouch. Poor Hoosiers... Well, at least basketball season is underway. ;)

Oh, and I want to thank Iowa for crapping the bed again. I think their entire 2011 schedule should actually be 11 road games at Northwestern. :P

Also of note: Notre Dame is ahead of Utah right now. Granted it's in the 2nd Quarter, but the score is telling. It looks like Utah is suffering from a TCU thumping hangover.

Wisky rolled up an eye-popping 83 points on Indiana. Do they even have a defense in Indiana, or do they just bring in guys off the street?

Well...

Um.....

:censored:

/IT'S OKAY!!! WE HONOR CONTRACTS AT INDIANA NOW!!! SO BILL LYNCH WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR ANYWAY!!!

(Boy, between this and Wabash utterly violating DePauw in the Monon Bell game, the karmic scales had better be prepping me for Nebraska unleashing a the fury of a thousand demons on Kansas. Or a Rams win on the road tomorrow.)

Also Ron Zook is back on the hot seat at Illinois.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The #2 & #3 teams in the country are currently down 2 TDs in the first quarter.

Looks like this will be an interesting day.

Boise State bandwagoners have got to be stoked about this, as the Broncos could finally land that #2 spot in the BCS polls -- even with that cupcake schedule of their's.

6uXNWAo.png

Also Ron Zook is back on the hot seat at Illinois.

I'd imagine FireRonZook.com will be back up and running any day now. :D

Oh, it sure be up already. By the fast start, he pretty much guranteed himself another season unless he completely screwed up. Well, he's on the way to completely screwing up. I think I posted a few weeks ago about how Illinois hasn't won any close games yet. All 5 of their wins have been very comfortable. Now they lost a close game for the second week in a row. And against Minnesota! At least it's basketball season.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The #2 & #3 teams in the country are currently down 2 TDs in the first quarter.

Looks like this will be an interesting day.

Boise State bandwagoners have got to be stoked about this, as the Broncos could finally land that #2 spot in the BCS polls -- even with that cupcake schedule of their's.

I really believe that by the end of the season either TCU (provided they win today) or Boise State will be at worst 2 in the polls. There's just too much parity in the "big" conferences to think that anyone besides Oregon will go undefeated. (And that's no lock.) This Cam Newton thing is going to end up distracting Auburn and costing them a game somewhere along the way. With all the BCS backlash and lawsuit threats flying around there's simply no way any one-loss teams are going to jump the Cinderellas.

Think about it, if the BCS gives one of these two a title shot (preferably both) then they will diffuse the argument against them. With the current climate, I think the BCS is willing to sacrifice a season in order to avoid more trouble. What gets me is that I doubt either Boise or TCU would stand a chance against Auburn or Oregon. (Yes Lights Out, I realize Boise beat Oregon last season. So did Ohio State so that should tell you something.) That said, I hope they get a shot. Put one of them in the title game and let Oregon hang 50 on them. That should end the debate.

Aside to Lights Out: Today is a perfect example of why I keep telling you to stop whining and let the season play out.

BB52Big.jpg

The blue turf is a program tradition, and Boise State is currently fundraising for an addition to be added on with more stands and a school hall of fame. Sounds like a nice stadium to me.

I find it hilarious that a guy who "picked" a favorite college team a few years ago is talking about tradition. How about you at least visit the campus or even the state of Idaho once before you start pimping the "tradition" of "your" program? :P

BB52Big.jpg

#2 Auburn goes into the half tied at 21, and #3 TCU extends the lead to 27-14 with 2 minutes left in the half.

EDIT: TCU now goes up 34-14 going into halftime. I think the Frogs woke up a bit.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

#2 Auburn goes into the half tied at 21, and #3 TCU extends the lead to 27-14 with 2 minutes left in the half.

EDIT: TCU now goes up 34-14 going into halftime. I think the Frogs woke up a bit.

TCU O-Line Coach Eddie Williamson suffered a "grabber" aka heart attack on the sideline.

Welp, Auburn's on their way to the Dome for the SEC Title Game, that is what we know for sure.

Question is, will they be playing for a Nat'l Title spot once they get there? I just have the feeling that their defense is gonna fail them soon, & Cam-n-them won't be there to save em.

Archived